I'm Dancing In the Shadow of Love

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic
First  two  tracks  on  the  Soundcloud  preview  definitely  got  me interested ,  especially the  first  one    :music

Gonna  try  for a Roundhouse  ticket  tomorrow   :) 
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I am PUMPED for the new album. But I'm gonna wait like a good boy for the whole thing. No previews. No singles. Just patience.

I didn't go for a Roundhouse ticket because I'm not sure if I'm going to be in the country but I'm regretting that decision more and more.

I'm feeling pretty confident about the chances of them playing Glastonbury this year...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Holy wow.

I've only just put on disc three of the Super Deluxe Edition.

My lord.

Wow.

Looking forward to new music from these boys, hope it's similar to the  the early mk2 albums, never listed to the old stuff pre Emerson.

Pleased to have tickets for the Friday show.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 18, 2015, 23:50

I've only just put on disc three of the Super Deluxe Edition.
Second Toughest? How's Pearls Ver2?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 19, 2015, 17:32

Second Toughest? How's Pearls Ver2?
Worth a listen for the added lyrics and second half. The first half is quite similar to the original, which is obviously great, but I was hoping for a little more.
Still gold.

The Born Slippy evolution CD is particularly special too.

So they're playing at Coachella in April...

Reckon they'll do any other US dates? I'm back in the country from February to May, which means I'm missing their Roundhouse show. So I'm pretty desperate to see them.

I guess there's always the hope they'll play Glastonbury too...

They have to announce more US dates. Then again, last time they were here, they only did 3 shows or something. New York, Cali, Red Rocks. Hopefully they hit Chicago this tour!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 05, 2016, 10:52

Hopefully they hit Chicago this tour!

Amen!

They did a change of venue with the Red Rocks show back in 2007. They moved it to The Ogden due to low ticket sales.  I know this because I was about to attend after I witnessed Daft Punk there earlier that summer.

Time for Rave on the Rocks 2.0 - God Mode Edition. Chemical Brothers, Underworld, and Leftfield.

and yes please, a Non festival Chicago date!

"Ok, what you got? Shiver and smile." I'm not sure about this track.  not sure about the new material...

Last Edit: Jan 19, 2016, 16:13 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 05, 2016, 08:11

I'm back in the country from February to May, which means I'm missing their Roundhouse show.

Dude. Tell me you're coming back through San Francisco. Eric Prydz is doing a massive show on February 26th here.

I am sure about this track. Sure that I love it. Great balance of unexpected/experimental and cheesy catchy pop.

I've really been getting into synthy distorted electronic kinda rock/punk music recently, and this is like Underworld read my mind. It's punchy and unrefined and just perfect.
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2016, 17:33 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Also: Not sure about the track at all.

Hmmm...

Listening for the first time right now. I wasn't sold at the beginning, but then 3:04 happened... Rick really has a way with texture that a lot of electronic musicians just don't take the time to investigate (present company excluded, of course). It's clean. But gritty. And distorted. And warm. But cold. And spikey. But soft. It's certainly better than some of the low moments of Barking.  The vocals are erring a little on the Sleaford Mods side of spoken lyrics (which I know are derivative of Karl in a way) and there are some Damon Albarn-ey tones to things as well, which I like.

I'm diving in again...
My initial thoughts were... When I see them live this year (because damn if I'm not going to see them somewhere), how is this going to sit next to Pearl's Girl and Kittens? But actually, it's a little reminiscent of JAL to Tokyo with its obnoxiousness, even if it is a little slow, which worked so well as a set opener back in 2005.
I'm excited for the rest. I was apprehensive when I saw how many tracks there were. But this is very exciting. I will be playing this a lot this week, I can tell.

Good times.

EDIT: I am in love.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 19, 2016, 17:11

Dude. Tell me you're coming back through San Francisco. Eric Prydz is doing a massive show on February 26th here.

I'm staying in Portland with my missus for most of the time, but I'm hoping we'll get some time to venture out to places. She used to live in the Bay Area so we'll definitely be down to visit at some point! I'll let you know.
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2016, 20:30 by Enjoyed

Did anybody mention that they are playing the BBC 6 Music Festival on February 13th? Haven't read all the postings in here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/eq6c8g/performances/l4rxn3

A lot more playing the festival like Primal Scream, Daughter, Beyond The Wizard's Sleeve, Bloc Party, Guy Garvey, Roisin Murphy, Suede, Tricky, Roots Manuva , Ron Size & DJ Krust, Geoff Barrow and others
no idea, no idea

I didn't want to mention the festival as they're playing on the day I leave the country  :'(

^ Ooh...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 20, 2016, 11:20

I didn't want to mention the festival as they're playing on the day I leave the country  :'(
This is ridiculously sad, as they've mentioned they're preparing a special live set specifically for that performance.
Never for money, always for love.