The Music Gets Louder, The Lights Swirl Faster

the We Love Underworld thread

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 11, 2015, 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

I hope it works cinematicly. But alone it's pretty remarkable.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jan 31, 2017, 20:40

I hope it works cinematicly. But alone it's pretty remarkable.
Good remarkable? Or bad remarkable?
It does work quite well in the film actually. There are some bits & pieces of Rick Smith score in there too. But just smatterings if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm getting old, but at times I didn't want another "pop song" to come crashing in on the drama. I think I would have preferred more score from Rick and less songs dominating the film. It felt a bit like watching MTV (when they played music videos) at times. I'm sure I didn't complain like that when the first Trainspotting came out. The ending also left me feeling a little ambiguous about the film, but with refelection I guess it made sense. Anyway there are lots of good bits in it, so yeah it's worth a look.

oh PS, it's worth re-watching the first film before you see this one. Remind yourself about Tommy in particular.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Holy shit. This is a monster fucking set that someone from the Internet Heavens decided to send out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37v83huda0prgcl/Underworld%20-%201996-07-19%20Move%20Club%20-%20Cologne%2C%20Ge.zip?dl=0

It's a well-recorded show of Underworld's from back in 1996.

And... Damn.

Let me know if you're not able to access that. I'll try to see if I can manage some other platform for sending.

Quote from: MadPooter on Feb 02, 2017, 11:29

Holy shit. This is a monster fucking set that someone from the Internet Heavens decided to send out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/37v83huda0prgcl/Underworld%20-%201996-07-19%20Move%20Club%20-%20Cologne%2C%20Ge.zip?dl=0

It's a well-recorded show of Underworld's from back in 1996.

And... Damn.

I live in cologne, but it is nearly impossible to say where the move club was. Never heard this name before.

That set is dope!
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2017, 18:31 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 02, 2017, 16:19

That set is dope!

This is kind of like hearing a Chemical Brothers set prior to Surrender. There's something about the intensity and experimentation that is just... awe-inspiring...

My  favourite  live  recording  of  Underworld  from  1996  is  this  one  ,  .  .  from  Reading  Festival  '96   .  .  best  version  of  Rez / Cowgirl  ever  ,  gives  me  chills  every  time   ,  amazing  15  minutes  of  music  ,  takes  you  to  another  place  ,  and  love  it  at  the  end  when  Karl  thanks  the  crowd  ,  .  .  "we've  been  half-way  round  the  world  ,  this  is  our  first  show  back  home  ,  it's  completely  good  to  be  back  home  i  tell  ya "  .  .  crowd  go  wild(er)  .  .  epic  ,  would've  been  great  to  be  there.  (play  loud  on  good system  if  possible).

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 02, 2017, 00:10

Good remarkable? Or bad remarkable?
Heh. Forgot an un.

It seems to be this unofficial release (but without Skyscraper as the bonus track).

Delving in now.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

It is. It's a cleaned up, re-cued, and time corrected version of that bootleg (the source recording was sped up about 3%) someone on the RTSR board made.

I have stuff to share too...

Whole set on YouTube

Edit: You used the short version of the YT link
Last Edit: Feb 04, 2017, 22:52 by Csar

Genuine question: Am I the only one who can't see a youtube clip embedded in Joslyn's post?
I can see Fine Tine's YT clip a bit further up.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 04, 2017, 18:27

Genuine question: Am I the only one who can't see a youtube clip embedded in Joslyn's post?

Nope, not the only one (btw i have this quit often)

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 04, 2017, 18:27

I can see Fine Tine's YT clip a bit further up.
Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 04, 2017, 19:16

Nope, not the only one (btw i have this quit often)

YT links that use the .be ending unfortunately won't be recognized as video links by the  algorithm as it seems.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

On 17th March, Underworld celebrate the meeting of the groups past, present and future at their biggest ever UK headline show - a sold-out event at London's Alexandra Palace.

Underworld Surreal Carnival Experiment

It's Underworld all night: Rick Smith kicks things off at 7pm with a performance-come-installation in the middle of the main room. Tracks from a deep-dive into the Underworld catalogue will be deconstructed and re-conceived alongside new and improvised work written specifically for the show by Rick. This support to the main event will be networked throughout the building in a collaboration directed by tomato's Simon Taylor, that will offer hints at things to come from Underworld.

Surreal Carnival Experiment / Rick Smith Live from 7pm.

Doors, good food, craft beer and cocktails from 6.30pm.

...are there still tickets? can I afford a flight?

EDIT: it would set me back about $1000 including food and lodging, and I'd have to expedite a passport renewal. So... no...  :( London and Underworld, I'll see you someday.
Last Edit: Mar 02, 2017, 21:11 by WhiteNoise

Oh this sounds fucking fantastic.

Sadly, too many obligations at home. Bah.

Fucking. A.

It appears the 3 gigs next week in Utrecht, of one Toxic and I will attend, are the same set.

Quote from: Joslyn on Mar 08, 2017, 21:39

It appears the 3 gigs next week in Utrecht, of one Toxic and I will attend, are the same set.

No spoilers please! At least until the 18th  ;D