Further

Adieu.

Started by MadPooter, Sep 29, 2023, 01:28

Previous topic - Next topic
The word "fuck" is impressively versatile. The range of expressions and parts of speech in usage, not to mention its frequency, make it one of the more interesting words in our speech today.

For instance, if someone disrespectfully suggests that you should shut up and not contribute to a discussion, you can use the word fuck as a verb and say, "go fuck yourself."

Or you could also choose to respond to someone getting banned for a week from a website for using those words in that last example, using fuck as almost a descriptive noun and say, "get the fuck off your high horse--do you even know what the fuck 'disrespectful' actually even means?"

And the best part about the word fuck is that no one is hurt after reading the word--we're all still safely moving our eyes over the screen, trying our best to communicate.

Because long ago I learned that sticks and stones could break my bones, but words could never hurt me.

But what the hell am I even talking about I'm old as fuck.

I do know that I'd rather not continue to engage in discussion in a place where I am one word and an arbitrary reason away from being restricted from participation in any discussion.

Being able to contribute to discussion and express one's opinion is something I value deeply, regardless of how contradictory it can become.

Thank you to every single amazing person I've met over the years through this forum. This has been an extraordinary community to be a part of for... wow... 18 years...

The moments I've had with you all have sometimes been absolutely nothing short of magic.

Thanks to the folks that made this place happen, and keep making it happen.

With few exceptions, you all are fucking extraordinary.

"Wind extinguishes a candle and energizes fire. Likewise with randomness, uncertainty, chaos: you want to use them, not hide from them. You want to be the fire and wish for the wind."

― Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder

Fuck, man... 18 years is a lifetime. I get it...But if leave you must, I get it. I want it known that you have shown kindness over the years, and have been a friend to me on and off the forum - and you are right, those moments are nothing short of magic. I'm going to miss seeing you here. ❤️
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Wait a minute, you got banned from this forum? 
Am I understanding this right? 
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Sep 30, 2023, 09:31
Wait a minute, you got banned from this forum?
Am I understanding this right?

I think he's taking it upon himself to be dismissed. 

As far as the forum is aware, he got a one week ban. Maybe a bit much for a "go fuck yourself" to another member, but I understand the position of our overseers for keeping things civil. Unfortunately, he had to be made an example of, and really I think he should just laugh it off.

Madpooter, assuming you might be lurking, reconsider. You're a fan and that's all we need you to be. Your wisdom and words mean something to many here, but I will say certain remarks you've made recently are too ill-timed and polarizing for a music forum. Yeah, maybe the world is going "soft" but we aren't HERE to solve that problem.  

If this truly is the end... it should be known I've also been on the receiving end of Madpooter's kindness and generosity in the past. Thanks for being there, and good luck.

I for one will certainly miss your voice here, Madpooter. 
I too would urge you to reconsider and remain a member of this forum, in spite of recent events and, really, because of them. 
Without other opinions and voices there is no forum to speak of. 
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!