Further

Best live visuals this tour ?

Started by Ben_j, Sep 17, 2015, 00:10

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the best live visuals of this tour ?

Hey Boy Hey Girl (talking head + green furniture)
0 (0%)
EML Ritual (rotor)
18 (58.1%)
Do it Again (dancing silouhettes + Ali Love)
0 (0%)
Go (rollerskaters)
7 (22.6%)
Swoon (running and falling silhouettes)
0 (0%)
Star Guitar (lines and patterns)
0 (0%)
Sometimes I Feel So Deserted (walking 3D man)
0 (0%)
Chemical Beats (oscilloscope shapes)
0 (0%)
Ouf of Control/Setting Sun (projections on faces)
0 (0%)
Saturate (exploding paint)
0 (0%)
I'll See You There (60s psychedelic theatre troup)
10 (32.3%)
Believe (flying in church schematics)
2 (6.5%)
Escape Velocity/Golden Path (light dots and silouhette, motion captured face)
1 (3.2%)
Under The Influence (ROBOTS !)
8 (25.8%)
Galvanize (dancing 3D silouhette)
3 (9.7%)
Block Rockin Beats (disco plate)
0 (0%)
The Private Psychedelic Reel (stained glasses)
3 (9.7%)
Bonus: Elektrobank (Monero on the phone)
1 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Simple question, tough choice !

I voted EML Ritual (best live visuals they had in years, perfectly fitting) and TPPR (such color, much psychedelia, so church, wow!)

UTI and I'll see you there. If they added some backdrop visuals for the robots would of been a plus.

My vote :  EML . . yes ,  perfect visuals for the song ,  and , Go . . South Korean Skaters bringing  'Go'  to the big screen in such an exciting way.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

UTI Robots!!! What a grande surprise seeing those actual fully functioning robots. Like KNE said it would have been cool if the army of robots could be added as a visual back drop.

I like the dancing guy with guns from Music:Response
no idea, no idea

EML Ritual and the giant robots, of course!

What's not to love? :D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love the Robots during UTI, but I LOVE the brief 'It doesn't Matter' sequence with the bug scatter, elephant, monkey, pelican, ostrich, etc. crossing.  So simple yet so awesome!

I ended up voting for EML Ritual, but the Golden Path visuals/track is what really stuck with me from the live experience. It was so intense and psychedelic, especially during the spoken parts.

But EML Ritual was so awesome and well-done. Perfectly fits the track and the black and white was really cool. The whole thing has an evil-but-fun vibe.

Does anyone else think that the guy they show right before the first drop (just before the child) looks a lot like Ted Bundy? It definitely gives the visuals/track an even darker vibe when you make the connection.

It is a testament to how good the new visuals are this year that no one voted for Saturate.
Never for money, always for love.

I will not vote unless there's the phoning Mad Ma(rk)x from Elektrobank in the list.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2015, 08:22

I will not vote unless there's the phoning Mad Ma(rk)x from Elektrobank in the list.
Added.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 30, 2015, 08:22

Did I really forget that ? :o
My bad

Cool thread. Maybe we could do the best of all visuals.

I loved the music response and out of control visuals from 2002, also the old hbhg mathematical visuals were cool, but the one that fuck me right in the head was EBW7 original visuals that's appeared at the legendary Wolvehampton 2004 gig.

From the tour the EDM and ISYT are my faves.

EML
ISYT

the visuals of EML + the light show may be the best they have ever done. The coordination and execution of the concept in the that combination is worthy of that.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no Snow Surface? This is a poorly executed poll :P
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 01, 2015, 10:33

And no Snow Surface? This is a poorly executed poll :P
This poll was made before they played it ! :D

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 01, 2015, 11:15

This poll was made before they played it ! :D
Oops, I'd like to apologize! This kind of popped up and I thought it was new. My bad :D
— Aurora (The Seed)

I thought for this tour overall there were some improvements and maybe some needed improvement.

the picky not so favourable:

I've never gotten the floating IKEA furniture in Hey boy hey girl, the dancing neon guy part is still OK. I get the 3D figure for Sometimes I feel So Deserted is in same style as Horse Power but just felt maybe poorly executed like a rushed 3D rendering choppy animated gif that went for too long. The song is so powerful I felt it didn't do it justice enough. And if Star Guitar is back the best visuals for that were the Come With Us Tour ones (with temptation intro beforehand)

the obviously good ones:

The robots, love the continuation of these friends of ours the fact they sing and shoot out lasers! EML ritual  is pretty much perfection for that song and captured the hyper-anxiety of that song. I'll See You there is great and suits it well too besides the Mathew Dear video that was discovered and quite similar both inspired by the same film. The reflective light crystal is cool for reflection etc. the phone electrobank part is a good continuation from what we've seen in the past.
Last Edit: Oct 03, 2015, 11:32 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I like the old chemical beats firework visual. The new visual is great not I think it would of gone better with sifsd just like the music video.