'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

Music gear talk

Started by Ben_j, Sep 18, 2015, 22:12

Previous topic - Next topic
New Korg Monologue - going for €299

http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/monologue/

This ain't bad.
Never for money, always for love.

I read an interview with the guy designing all of Korg's recent analogs synths (that aren't the reissues), really though the guy was awesome from a philosophical standpoint, he seems to want to make cheap, good synths reminiscent to TB-303s before they became unobtainable. I'll post the interview (he did it after the minilogue was released), he's like the equivalent to Steve Jobs in my modest opinion.

Edit: this is it https://www.attackmagazine.com/features/long-read/the-democratisation-of-synthesis-korg-designers-on-the-making-of-the-minilogue/
Last Edit: Nov 03, 2016, 05:07 by Biff

Adobe Project VoCo

no idea, no idea

Another evening with recreating of our fav tunes..
Juno? NO! Electribe! ^-^

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Feb 14, 2017, 17:59

Juno? NO! Electribe! ^-^

Nice ! It sounds pretty close !

Talking about Juno, after selling mine, I'm pondering wether I should get a JU-06, DeepMind 12 or Roland System-8, all based on or emulating the Juno 106.

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 14, 2017, 18:32

Nice ! It sounds pretty close !

Talking about Juno, after selling mine, I'm pondering wether I should get a JU-06, DeepMind 12 or Roland System-8, all based on or emulating the Juno 106.
Last year i was at one synth expo, and i brought a laptop with TAL-U-NO-LX plugin to compare with the original Juno-106 and JU-06. The result amazed me. Plugin sounds fucking similar to the original Juno-106, and JU-06 have some great features like step sequencer, etc. But i don't like the sliders on JU-06, it's fucking small! So i decided not to buy some hardware and continue using this plugin with my midi controllers.

P.S. About "Temptation" sequence at Chems 2016 live show. Yep, they used Elektron Monomachine for the first sequence after Swoon with some arps, and then some synth (we like to think it's a Juno) comes in with a higher level.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Feb 14, 2017, 18:55

Last year i was at one synth expo, and i brought a laptop with TAL-U-NO-LX plugin to compare with the original Juno-106 and JU-06. The result amazed me. Plugin sounds fucking similar to the original Juno-106, and JU-06 have some great features like step sequencer, etc. But i don't like the sliders on JU-06, it's fucking small! So i decided not to buy some hardware and continue using this plugin with my midi controllers.
What I'm interested about is the very specific quirks of the Juno. Like the way you can make the sweep from Daft Punk's Burnin' for example. It's certain the VST is not close enough to do it, but the JU-06 might be. As for the DeepMind, I don't know what circuitry they used and how close it is to the original Juno.

Quote from: Explud on Feb 14, 2017, 17:59

Juno? NO! Electribe! ^-^
waited the whole time for star guitar to kick in...
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 14, 2017, 23:00

waited the whole time for star guitar to kick in...
Are you? If my video get more then 100 likes, i'll try to recreate the whole Star Guitar with Temptation intro.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Feb 14, 2017, 23:09

Are you? If my video get more then 100 likes, i'll try to recreate the whole Star Guitar with Temptation intro.

1 down. 99 to go.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

That was really fantastic Explud.

What song does the Xbox controller play?

Awesome one, Explud! Must be fun to get so close to a fantastic live favorite (of mine :D). Can you recreate that rising part too, the one before it segues into Star Guitar?
Ah, man, I would love to play around with it and pretend I'm Tom.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This is kinda awesome

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

What? He's genious!
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Csar on Feb 21, 2017, 20:13

This is kinda awesome

Come-um-um-um-um with-ith-ith-ith-ith uh-uh-uh-uh-uh s-s-s-s-s
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!