Would You Like to Come Inside?

Disclosure

Started by Ben_j, Sep 27, 2015, 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic
Really loved their first album (Settle), it was really fresh, sounded really new. They just released their second album, and I'm not really feeling it :/ The production is still close to perfection, but it became too pop, all the tracks sound alike and unoriginal... And I hate most of the vocalists on the album (and by extension, don't like the vocals). I think I would love that album as an instrumental album, but the cheesy vocals ruin it...

So instead of posting a track from Caracal, here's a live version of When a Fire Starts to Burn, which remains their best track  :music

Yeah ,  totally agree , . . some good  tunes off  their  first album . . Stimulation  , Confess to Me ,  White Noise  ,  . . but  new  material  sounds like  generic  pop  music  you hear  in a shopping centre.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I'm also a big fan of the first album. I've not had a chance to listen to Caracal yet but what I've heard so far makes me think you guys are probably right.

THIS though, released on Record Store Day last year, is still absolutely killer.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Allthough I am a fan of Michael Crichton books this was one of my least favorites.

The movie wasn't that good but I liked seeing Demi Moore in a sexual dominant roll

... or are we talking about something else #agegap  ;D

I LOVE HOURGLASS
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 30, 2015, 17:23

I LOVE HOURGLASS

It sounds ok but it sounds like a track made with sounds of the first album, minus the originality and freshness of it...

What bugs me the most is that they've been releasing a couple of excellent tracks between the two albums, and Caracal sounds nothing like them...

Last Edit: Sep 30, 2015, 17:51 by Ben_j