K+D+B Is Godlike

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Aug 02, 2023, 19:03
This is exactly how I feel about pretty much any background music in games:

Hmm, the Soundtrack for Skyrim, Anno 1800, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Tetris was pretty amazing.
no idea, no idea

Not to mention games like Nier Automata and Replicant. 
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

It's not so much that I don't like the soundtracks (I even bought all of the Horizon music) but that it throws me out of the game world. I often feel like an orchestra is following me around, when I want to be immersed in the sounds coming from the game world. I know that this is very uncommon, but for me background music can pretty much destroy the atmosphere a game is trying to create, rather than emphasize/enhance it, as most people feel.
Fortunately, most game devs understand this, and the background music can be turned off separately.

I'm having a great time playing Baldur's Gate 3, if anyone is a fan of D&D and turn-based combat coupled with great storytelling, try it out.
One of the best RPG in last few years, imo. 

It's being lauded pretty much everywhere and I can't wait to play it, but I'm right in the middle of Plague Tale II and will finish it first, it's not that long anyway.

Quote from: sandelic on Aug 20, 2023, 07:58
I'm having a great time playing Baldur's Gate 3, if anyone is a fan of D&D and turn-based combat coupled with great storytelling, try it out.
One of the best RPG in last few years, imo.
A majority of the players in my current dnd campaign are playing it. They're now pointing out where all our sheets and items are wrong. For instance, we've been playing for a year that rapiers are one-handed weapons. Now I have to retcon my character...

I'll get to playing it eventually...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

But Rapiers are one-handed weapons. At least in the real world (afaik) and in the Pathfinder RPG (I think the Pathfinder rules are based on DnD?). Also, that's a very very very very important plot point in one of my favourite book series (The Locked Tomb series).

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 21, 2023, 19:46
But Rapiers are one-handed weapons. At least in the real world (afaik) and in the Pathfinder RPG (I think the Pathfinder rules are based on DnD?). Also, that's a very very very very important plot point in one of my favourite book series (The Locked Tomb series).
Supposedly they're now two-handed in baldurs gate 3! I don't know why. I blame my DM.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

That's weird. I'd check the rulebook(s) you're using rather than a game, because a two-handed rapier just doesn't make sense to me.

It's called versatile in 5th edition.
You can use it as one hand weapon dealing 1d8 or as a two-hand weapon dealing 1d10 dmg. 
You can dual-wield any light weapon without feat. 
This is for long sword, I suspect it's the same for rapiers too, and I'm positive rapier is indeed one-handed weapon. 
5th edition is hilarious, I must admit.
My barbarian passed arcane check in first 30 minutes of the game. I fell on the floor laughing. 

Who's done wordle today?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 21, 2023, 12:30
2nd guess ;D
Me too. I had green S,T and E after my first go (STARE), I had a certain song on my mind and thought: gotta be.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I finally started Baldur's Gate 3 this week and I am completely overwhelmed.
Thankfully I know RPG/DND rules a bit from playing Pathfinder, but hell, the game isn't exactly forthcoming with tutorials for game mechanics. It's still a lot of fun to play though!

Now that I think about it, there are no tutorials in BG3, are there? 
I remember reading an interview with the developers where they claim whole first act is a tutorial. 
I am quite familiar with D&D rules (ok, familiar with 2nd edition rules) and transition to 5th edition was somewhat smooth but yeah, to someone not accustomed to D&D it would be overwhelming, rightly so. 
I'm sure you know this by now but two words - throw and push.
Those two actions are my favorite. Just don't push a boss into some chasm. Hard to pick up loot afterwards  ;D

Playing Starfield streamed via Game Pass on my One X. But unlike Skyrim or Oblivion it doesn't catches me at the moment. It isn't a bad game but it's not even close to Skyrim.
no idea, no idea

Last night finished Spider-man 2, very good game, funny, entertaining... but the arc of one of the villains fell to short and end suddenly. Anyway, love the visuals and gameplay, nice balance of Peter and Miles and amazing teasers for possible sequels.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 11, 2023, 17:08
Playing Starfield streamed via Game Pass on my One X. But unlike Skyrim or Oblivion it doesn't catches me at the moment. It isn't a bad game but it's not even close to Skyrim.
I'll also play it eventually, but am not in a rush to do so. If Skyrim is any measure, by the time I get around to it, there'll be some mods that improve on the base game.

Quote from: nekoland on Nov 06, 2023, 13:37
Last night finished Spider-man 2, very good game, funny, entertaining... but the arc of one of the villains fell to short and end suddenly. Anyway, love the visuals and gameplay, nice balance of Peter and Miles and amazing teasers for possible sequels.
I also have heard many good things about it. Will probably chech it out after I'm done with Baldur's Gate 3, so that my PS5 isn't just for Horizon  ;D