Just Get Yourself High

Sports !

Started by Ben_j, Oct 13, 2015, 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 10, 2018, 19:52

Same here! The game could have been over earlier if your guy had succesfully kicked the ball out of play. He could have just kicked it sideways. Then England were right in front of your posts in the 81st minute of an 80 minute game. A converted try there and...France lose. Well done for hanging on. England can't catch Ireland. Ireland win the Six Nations a week early. Whoop!
Yeah I screamed when he failed to kick out of play. We already lost to England two years ago because of something like this.

Cubs and Brewers tied going into the last game of the regular season.

Rockies and Dodgers tied going into the last game of the regular season.

50% chance either game ends in a tie ending in at least one game 163 heading into the postseason.

As a fan of baseball this has been a ridiculously exciting September, as a fan of the Cubs I'm screaming internally.
Never for money, always for love.

No matter how the playoffs are sorted out for the Cubs, they are in trouble if they don't find some offense.

I understand Kris Bryant has been injured majority of the season, but I'm afraid his talent might have already peaked. This doesn't mean he's not a good player, but I don't see perennial MVP in his future.

Javy Baez has played out of his mind this season, but I think we are pushing the limits of what he can deliver. His hustle has been team inspiring, and almost certainly is the only reason why the cubs are in the playoffs. Damn shame he'll miss out on MVP this season, but Christian Yelich for Brewers has been out of his mind to finish the season.

Hustle can only go so far though. Cubs are about to go through a gauntlet of hot National League teams. And if lucky enough, they will find themselves facing an elite American League offense that will surely be a eye opener for them.

Over in the American League, the Tampa Bay Rays are running on an extreme thin budget, with no significant star. They are pushing to finish with 90 wins and already been eliminated from playoff contention. That's so fucked! Meanwhile, the Yankees and Athletics (I love this team!), are just shy of 100 wins and will face in a wild card playoff. American League is absolutely stacked.

It's felt like a coin toss the last month whether the Cubs are going to have an offense or not. Getting Murphy seemed to patch that for a while, but it's been back to feast or famine every time, very low scoring/solo home runs, or very high scoring games. It's been frustrating in a series of critical games, yet the Cubs are 15-11 this month, on pace with their season record. We're not choking, it's the Brewers Yeliches who are destroying everything in their path to catch up, and it's working. I'm awestruck and scared - if it's gonna be any other team, it better be them in the WS.

I'm excited to see how far the Cubs go, but I'm pessimistic about their chances at the WS. Even if they manage to get past the rest of the NL, I can't see how they stand to beat the Red Sox, who can't seem to do anything wrong and seem guaranteed to make it.

I casually root for the Rays and I think they've done incredible this season. Would have been really exciting to see them in the AL Central. Can't wait to see the Athletics destroy the Yankees, and even in the sad situation they don't pull that off, the Red Sox / Yankees series will be incredible television.

If there's a game 163 for the Cubs, there's a chance I make an impromptu trip up to the Windy City Monday.

Edit: Well, got to see my first heartbreaking Cubs loss at Wrigley, guess I'm a real fan now.
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2018, 18:36 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

The 2018 League of Legends World Championship has been incredible so far.

I'm still catching up on vods (due to some busy times that I'll elaborate on in a boring General Bullshit post later) but the games have been so fucking fun. Loads of upsets. Massive variety of gameplay. A crazy level playing field for, seemingly the first time in years. And my team, Cloud 9, having started the summer season in last place, have made it out of a group dubbed the 'Group of Death' into quarterfinals.

Lots more to catch up on. But I am so freakin' pumped for the quarterfinals to start on Friday.
C9. My boys. Some seriously incredible games.
#C9WIN #eSports #NA>EU #gamergirl
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

as a huge Phoenix Suns fan, I am finally having a great time

Booker and Ayton look to be the perfect duo. Pissed that Ayton's pumas have already  caused him to injure his ankle. I want him in shoes that support his ankles and pumas are not those shoes

It is a huge shame that the 2016 draft was such a waste. Bender and Chriss just did not work out. 2 top 10 picks and they both were wastes.

Josh Jackson is going to be the perfect 3rd guy who cleans up broken plays and has a bit of wild card to him
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Devils on a roll!  >:D >:D >:D
(no, I don't think it was a penalty either. Thanks VAR!).

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1103426768445280257
IT'S MORNING TIME!

LeBron James is your new Lakers GM! You heard it hear first!
We're gonna get Lue too
Los Angeles Cavaliers has a nice ring to it!
But man what a crappy year
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

and in the end, Michael Jordan reigns supreme...  ;D

Without a crucial injury to one of the better western conference teams, or another LBJ orchestrated super team. I don't see Lakers making the playoffs next season either.

I don't have much to cheer about though. Being a bulls fan is pretty pathetic, again. All I can do is live in yesteryear thanks to our shitty front office.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Oct 20, 2018, 18:41

as a huge Phoenix Suns fan, I am finally having a great time

Booker and Ayton look to be the perfect duo. Pissed that Ayton's pumas have already  caused him to injure his ankle. I want him in shoes that support his ankles and pumas are not those shoes

It is a huge shame that the 2016 draft was such a waste. Bender and Chriss just did not work out. 2 top 10 picks and they both were wastes.

Josh Jackson is going to be the perfect 3rd guy who cleans up broken plays and has a bit of wild card to him

This.. uhhh

This season was butt
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've  recently  joined  my  local   ' Dig your own Hole Associated Sports Club ' ,   it's  great  ,  we  meet  up  twice  a  week  and  practice  .  .  frenzied  speed-skipping  ,   manic  spot-running  .  .  and  my  favourite  ,  possessed-leg  dancing.

For  beginners  you  will  need  :

White  sports  top  &  leggings  +  Water  Polo  Cap  ,   bring  with  you  6  cans  of  Redbull  and  lots  of  enthusiasm.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Didn't deserve to leave so early

My favorite moments were when he scored 81 points against the Raptors, and the game 7 comeback from the second half against portland around 20 years ago.

Really sad day! And her daughter was in that crash as well!

:'(
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Can't fall asleep. I can't get over how tragic his, his daughters, and the 7 other passengers death was.

I've been a NBA fan since I was little kid, and about when Kobe entered the league, is when my interest was at its highest. Not necessarily because of Kobe but more so you start developing a deeper interest in things at the age of 10-11 years old. That, and the NBA was in renaissance type era where their was a slew of all-time great, established, NBA veterans, and a large pool of up-incoming young talent (including Kobe) that would enter the league, largely influenced by the play style of Michael Jordan. The league was gaining unbelievable momentum and was truly and exciting time to be a fan.

From afar, I got to see Kobe play his 20 years with the Lakers. His talent was undeniable and his success came at such a young age. He looked prime to surpass Michael Jordan's 6 championships with the help of being on a very motivated and decorated organization. While he didn't reach that feat, he still established himself as one of the top players to ever play them game, and perhaps one of the most influential, on a global level.

Life after professional basketball seemed to be going extremely well for him. He seemed to be a great family man (despite early mistakes) and an extremely proud father. He even managed to muster an Oscar for an animated short called 'Dear Basketball' which was a very nice heart warming tear jerker, but now has become a gut-wrenching sob fest:

RIP

It wont feel the same throwing objects, hoping for blind luck in his name. he and his daughter were gone too soon. aparently he was on his way to coach a basketball team of 7th & 8th graders from what I heard. Stars don't die, they just return to their realm in the sky. We'll miss you kobe Bryant!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Maybe should be placed in Now Watching thread, but it's essentially the only sports on here In North America for the last month...

'Last Dance' Michael Jordan/Chicago Bulls documentary, anyone?

I grew up in the Chicagoland through the winning dynasty of the 90's, so I'm naturally a big fan.

Really packed with a lot of info if you were ever interested in learning further knowledge about this moment of sports history. It's a 10 part series, and they have only released 4 episodes so far.

Even Ed has been watching 'The Last Dance'

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1262475854526976001?s=20

Great music throughout the 10 part series.

I miss the 90's

Rest In Peace Diego Maradona

every 4 years I love to romance his legend. A true character that the game will miss.

Man, that France - Wales (6 Nations) is a real nail-biter.

Woah. What an end! I was ready to write: commiserations France. But no, it's congratulations!
Fun game for the neutral. Bonkers.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 20, 2021, 22:03

Woah. What an end! I was ready to write: commiserations France. But no, it's congratulations!
Fun game for the neutral. Bonkers.

Yeah, I almost turned it off after the red card, to concentrate on the live 2002 video and chat. I also thought we needed to keep Wales from getting a bonus point in order to have a chance to win the tournament, but apparently we're still on and need to win Scotland by over 20 points. What an end to the game and what an end to the tournament it will be to have it decided on that last game!
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2021, 23:06 by Ben_j