If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

I'd love the Chems to do reissues like Underworld are doing...

Started by neorev, Nov 10, 2015, 11:15

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone see Underworld's reissues for Dubnobasswithmyheadman and Second Toughest In The Infants???
They are beautiful!
Vinyl-sized reissues that have been fully remastered with multiple discs collecting all of the singles, b-sides, alternate mixes, live recordings from each album era along with unreleased material and a big book of art.
I absolutely love what they did. I own the Japanese version of Dubnobasswithmyheadman for the bonus disc and for being pressed on SHM-CD and will be getting Second Toughest In The Infants when it comes out on November 20th.
I would love for the Chem Bros to do this and to be able to have each album era's material all in one package.

I would buy remaster bundles for sure. It would  be a great opportunity for them to officially compile the Dust Brothers era as well.

Unfortunately, the Brothers typically look forward, not back. And I can respect that.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Yeah, just a few demo track CDs from each era, I would explode.
Never for money, always for love.

The Second Thoughest in the Infants remaster is awesome. 4cd's on repeat.  Dubnowbassiwthmyheadman was also great. Those releases are the shit.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

One year on and I listen to the Dubno stuff on a near-weekly basis. The demo and live jam CD's, as well as the extra 1 hr mix that they "found", are all just superb.  Still to get STITI - think Santa is bringing that one... - but from what I've heard so far it's going to be a fine Christmas.

And both Underworld and Sigur Ros announced new material and tours on the same day earlier this week!  For Underworld, what a title - "Barbara Barbara we face a shining future" and the blurb makes it look like being a great 2016 as well!   "So what's there in the shining future? The opening punch of a two-note detuned bass riff crunching over relentless percussion; the elegiac swoop of strings as they stretching out across off-world electronics; a demented lupine howl that curls itself into an unshakeable earworm; celestial techno and South American acoustics; voices that warp into harmonic riffs; found lyrics that form fine-tuned monologues; head music to dance to..""

Quote from: graysquire on Nov 26, 2015, 06:44

And both Underworld and Sigur Ros announced new material and tours on the same day earlier this week!

Really?! Sigur Rós new material and show? Thanks for the heads-up!!! That's great news!!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: neorev on Nov 10, 2015, 11:15

Anyone see Underworld's reissues for Dubnobasswithmyheadman and Second Toughest In The Infants???
They are beautiful!
Vinyl-sized reissues that have been fully remastered with multiple discs collecting all of the singles, b-sides, alternate mixes, live recordings from each album era along with unreleased material and a big book of art.
I absolutely love what they did. I own the Japanese version of Dubnobasswithmyheadman for the bonus disc and for being pressed on SHM-CD and will be getting Second Toughest In The Infants when it comes out on November 20th.
I would love for the Chem Bros to do this and to be able to have each album era's material all in one package.

Haven't heard any of it. I find them ridicousely expensive. Maybe I need to go for the double albums instead.