Surrender to the Void

WIDE OPEN REMIX

Started by NiCk.Dj, Nov 14, 2015, 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, WOW. By The Light Of The Moon Mix is the version of Wide Open for me now. This I want to cuddle with forever.

Definitely going to make an extended version combining the two, will post if it's any good.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 24, 2015, 09:20

Okay, WOW. By The Light Of The Moon Mix is the version of Wide Open for me now. This I want to cuddle with forever.

Definitely going to make an extended version combining the two, will post if it's any good.
WOW indeed! This sounds like a huge intro to an incredible 10 minutes track, at least! This could easily be the intro of the original instead of its straight away beginning. This one leaves me wanting moaare!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I have to say that even though I love Wide Open,  I think the remixes are a bit underwhelming.

It was interesting to hear the extra vocals by Beck from Tom's Light of the Moon mix and imagine where it could've gone. Almost felt like it could've been a sea change vibe. Album mix still my favourite.
Last Edit: Dec 27, 2015, 10:54 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Guys, could you please help me find lyrics of LOTM new verse starting with "I remember the time we were lost..."? Im not native speaker and I just don't understand what is Beck singing :-).

Thanks!

I'm a native English speaker and I'm having trouble with that first verse too.
I don't think this is quite right but it's as close as I can get. Comments anyone?

I remember the time we were lost
We found our way to the river's edge
By the moon
I tried to carry you back up into my arms
I fell down, we were laughing
We were free

(edit: 10th March, amended and correct now I reckon)
Last Edit: Mar 10, 2016, 16:03 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 09, 2016, 14:53

I'm a native English speaker and I'm having trouble with that first verse too.
I don't think this is quite right but it's as close as I can get. Comments anyone?

I remember the time we were lost
We found our way to the river's edge
By the moon
I tried to carry you back up into my arms
I fell down, we were laughing
We were free

(edit: 10th March, amended and correct now I reckon)

http://www.whiskeyclone.net/ghost/songinfo.php?songID=1476&versionID=4
I think this is the correct lyrics
also thats all the versions' lyrics
www.whiskeyclone.net/ghost/songinfo.php?songID=1476
Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016, 17:26 by NiCk.Dj
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Did we know the Chems were up for a Grammy this year? Sort of.
Scroll down to category 71 where Joe Goddard's remix of Wide Open is a nominee. Didn't win though. (Underworld's Barbara Barbara is nominated for best Electronic Album incidentally  **EDIT** That didn't win either. The Grammys are clearly rubbish!)
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2017, 22:44 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned or retweeted via twitter, but I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it here on the forum.

Can't grade the remix  compared to the rest of the field, since its the only one I heard. For what it's worth, I didn't like it.

Underworld never had a chance.