Previous topic - Next topic
Listening to Annie mac show I've  found A REMIX OF WIDE OPEN
SO IT'S CONFIRMED THAT WIDE OPEN WILL BE THE NEXT SINGLE!!!! :o
What do you think???? :music
please click this link for Kolsch's remix of Wide Open

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06nn6yv

and go to 01:54:26

I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Interesting. I like it (esp. the analogue synth part). But what's up with all these tracks lately that never really change harmonies at all. This once more shows why I've come to dig the chems since my very first encounter. Coming up with captivating melodies truely is some serious business ;)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

And  I want the music video

I like this. Have given it a few repeat plays.  A good choice of remixer for the track.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Coolness.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Comments underneath the video from Chemical Brothers Vevo read:  Full release coming soon.
It's out 11th December according to THIS.

Last Edit: Nov 16, 2015, 16:16 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Closing the band's 6th consecutive number one album 'Born In The Echoes' (out now on Virgin EMI), 'Wide Open' features vocals from the Beck and has been a pillar of the duo's psychedelic sets over the summer.

Huh??? Did I have my ears closed during the Werchter and Apple music sets?

nice   :music
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/666685306444320769
This presumably won't embed due to the emojis in the tweet.  :(
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Wide Open spotting. I guess we can start counting the hours 'til the track and the video are released.

https://twitter.com/BestBeforeC4/status/674745771560976384

'Best Before' is a funy little late night show on UK Channel 4, where a guest DJ plays/mixes records live and talks through what they're doing with the host. I suppose I could/should post the link below in Now Playing, but it kinda relates to the tweet above. It's the 'mixtape' that Eats Everything was talking through on tonight's show. There's a track on 28 minutes called Bright Lights by 12 Stories which is super-ace.  Wide Open (original mixed into Kolsch mix) appears around 39 mins. Also the track after Wide Open is the new Richy Ahmed mix of New Order's Tutti Frutti which also comes out on Friday.  Ooh the excitement!
Best Before Mixcloud Mixtape
Last Edit: Dec 10, 2015, 01:04 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Another one.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

New mix by The Chems. Not a big fan, but I don't like the original either so...

I like the Joe Goddard remix, it kinda sound like a Soulwax remix, but not as good.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2015, 16:33 by Ben_j

I actually kinda like that new Chems mix though the original is one of my least favorite tracks on the album.

I'm a little surprised at the lack of opinions expressed by forumites on:
Deserted (Carl Craig rmx)
and Wide Open - Kolsch, Goddard and Chems remixes.

Considering the interest that (some) forumites showed for a demo version of Surface to Air a while ago, I thought these remixes would at least garner a few comments (whether good or bad) from some more of y'all.
This new Chems mix  has new bits of actual song that we haven't heard before. The opening lines: "I remember the time we were lost...". It almost sounds like an 80's soft rock ballad.
I have gone from dissing the track on Facebook when we heard it in the summer ("like something David Guetta would play") to slowly but steadily warming to the track. I still think it's a bit cheesy, but hell this is good cheese. It's now a standout track for me on the album. The youtube comment that mentions M83 in relation to this "Light of the Moon" mix also resonates with me.

The Goddard mix adds some energy I think - makes it more 'danceable'. I'm just not sure about the xylophone(?)  sound that comes in around 7.30. I agree with your 'Soulwax' comment as well, BenJ.
The Kolsh remix is also worth another mention - definitely the classiest version of the track.
Incidentaly £3.90 for the three Wide Open mixes on Beatport seems to be the best value for money for those looking to purchase. Unless anyone can do better?
Last Edit: Dec 19, 2015, 12:19 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Chems Remix of Wide Open I would actually put after Radiate.
Original is before Radiate.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

the by the light of the moon has a different lyric

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS - WIDE OPEN (THE REMIXES)

1. Wide Open (Kölsch Remix)
2. Wide Open (Joe Goddard Remix)
3. Wide Open (By the Light of the Moon Mix)

Available at:
https://www.7digital.com/artist/the-chemical-brothers/release/wide-open-5008133/
https://pro.beatport.com/release/wide-open/1671520

A tad overpriced I must say if you want a 3 track remix release in lossless.

I like all three remixes for Wide Open. The 'By the Light of the Moon Mix' was a very welcome surprise.

Does anyone if Beatport pro is DRM free? I kind seem to find the answer.