Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

Daft Punk

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Nov 16, 2015, 01:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Mar 01, 2021, 18:57
All I'm reading is that I can book apointments ad Ed's  to help me with abandonment issues once the Chems split up.
Eight or over.

Watching a history on Homework.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0gi3z-XBZ8&ab_channel=onlysmallbites

theres a clip @2:32 where Thomas is on a bus or in a van and he is talking to Tom sitting behind him. anybody know the original clip?

Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021, 20:17 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I think this might be from Singles 93-03?!? I know that I've seen that clip before. And it's a rather brief scene, almost a subliminal one.
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2021, 09:14 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2021, 09:04

I think this might be from Singles 93-03?!?
From the "Private Reels" part? Could be

Edit: it's not
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2021, 12:32 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Kitten killer, but here's the link to the Private Reels video => https://filehorst.de/d/drgvElig

It's a german upload site i'm trying out (wasn't sure about youtube because of copyright). Hope everyone understands what to do

If not, do this:

Wait until the countdown is over

Click on the link

Click on the next link

Now it should download. File is about 86mb large, and it's in mp4 with x265 codec (mp3-audio)
no idea, no idea

I think it's from an old interview/news bit about Daft Punk

EDIT: yep, found it, at 1:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQmVdGvoQXk&t=1m10s

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 04, 2021, 13:16

I think it's from an old interview/news bit about Daft Punk

EDIT: yep, found it, at 1:10
Thank you, its kinda a shame there's a narrator, I am so curious to know what they were talking about (probably about their "Life Is Sweet Remix" since its circa 95)

EDIT: somebody on the Daft Punk subreddit sent me an upscaled 1080p version

it also makes a good new Profile pic
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2021, 15:51 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Ah, Benji got it right.

Whitenoise briefly mentioned it here
https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,430.msg5770.html#msg5770

and I think the video was then shared in another thread or something.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I know you guys don't think much of Daft Punk, but they always got mad respect from me.
They could have toured and toured and make ridiculous pile of money, they didn't.
They could have been on any event on any red carpet and be main attraction there, they didn't.
They could have made interview after interview just to stay in public eye between albums, they didn't. In fact, you can hardly find any.
Instead they put on helmets (that people often mistake for gimmick) and let music, not their celebrity status, speak for them.
And lastly, they made Something About us, one of the most beautiful, perfectly produced, atmospheric song I've ever heard. That alone makes me sad they are calling it quits.

Just my two cents.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

LOL at the old photo. Let me start (or strengthen) the rumor where Tom Rowlands is responsible for ghost producing Daft Punk's early work.  ;D

Sandelic, I read your two cents. I don't co-sign your thoughts, but I respect em.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 04, 2021, 15:39

Thank you, its kinda a shame there's a narrator, I am so curious to know what they were talking about (probably about their "Life Is Sweet Remix" since its circa 95)

EDIT: somebody on the Daft Punk subreddit sent me an upscaled 1080p version

it also makes a good new Profile pic

Little did they know that would make a big impact on this damn earth. I can imagine them looking at their lives where they have years to burn but passionate in what they love and what the future holds for them.  #beforetheycamefamous
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

someone interested in some daft punk vinyl for a few pennys?

https://www.discogs.com/de/sell/release/148392?ev=rb

is this a hidden beatles first pressing mistakenly labeled as daft punk?
no idea, no idea

;D I'm finally finished with the album part of Alive 1997!! ;D

Now to finish up the other tracks

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jun 20, 2021, 04:04

;D I'm finally finished with the album part of Alive 1997!! ;D

Now to finish up the other tracks

Would defo take a listen ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Every official Daft Punk social media has posted the same two images:

• A Homework era logo, extremely high quality (that suggests this is legitimate)
  • A Daftendirekt 1997 tour promo ad, probably from a newspaper.

The Instagram has had all prior posts wiped. The Facebook page is still the same one, it even has a link to Epilogue on it. An "official" (not confirmed or verified) Twitter account (@daftpunk) has appeared, alongside a verified Twitch account.

The website has also been updated: See for yourself. Before, it was just an embedded YouTube link to Epilogue.

Most theorize that this is promoting vinyl reissues/special editions of Homework and Alive 1997, but I hope it's more than just that. In my mind, they would just release them with little fanfare if it was just new pressings.

As one person on Twitter said: Don't tell me I cried all the tears of my body for nothing.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: gpro2005 on Feb 22, 2022, 21:07

Every official Daft Punk social media has posted the same two images:

• A Homework era logo, extremely high quality (that suggests this is legitimate)
  • A Daftendirekt 1997 tour promo ad, probably from a newspaper.

The Instagram has had all prior posts wiped. The Facebook page is still the same one, it even has a link to Epilogue on it. An "official" (not confirmed or verified) Twitter account (@daftpunk) has appeared, alongside a verified Twitch account.

The website has also been updated: See for yourself. Before, it was just an embedded YouTube link to Epilogue.

Most theorize that this is promoting vinyl reissues/special editions of Homework and Alive 1997, but I hope it's more than just that. In my mind, they would just release them with little fanfare if it was just new pressings.

As one person on Twitter said: Don't tell me I cried all the tears of my body for nothing.

There's a Daft Punk Twitch too with something rumored to be going live soon
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Feb 22, 2022, 21:32

There's a Daft Punk Twitch too with something rumored to be going live soon

They're playing the 1997 Los Angeles live at the Mayan Theater (from which Rollin & Scratchin in the D.A.F.T. DVD is), and it's incredible !
Probably the best 97 live recording I've ever heard of them

Homework Deluxe is out RIGHT NOW on streaming, with a brand-new second disc of remixes
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: gpro2005 on Feb 22, 2022, 22:48

Homework Deluxe is out RIGHT NOW on streaming, with a brand-new second disc of remixes
"brand new", well most of its content was already known.