8 (42.1%)
"Enjoying" one's entourage during Block Rockin' Beats
1 (5.3%)
Writing a letter to Bob Dylan
2 (10.5%)
The mix had a great tempo!
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

BBC announced details of Christmas radio line up - and "The Chemical Brothers will also join Lauren Laverne for a three-hour special for 6 Music's Chemical Christmas. "   

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34922986

Edit:
Show: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06s1fkw
Live stream: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music
Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015, 10:50 by Csar

If we get a three-hour-mix by the Chems then I don't need any other Christmas present.

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 28, 2015, 14:24

If we get a three-hour-mix by the Chems then I don't need any other Christmas present.
What Stefan said! It's like the old days :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 28, 2015, 14:24

or  maybe this  announcement  would  be  an  awesome  Christmas  present  . . .

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Well, I believe this type of gift is way too big to fit through the chimney - unfortunately  :'(.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The show is a retrospective of their  career. They're choosing all the music and they'll be playing old session tracks etc.

Then,  in the final hour,  BRAND NEW MIX!!

Three hour mix I bet not. I would shit my pants for a live session, but again... probably not, considering their live show philosophy. If we're lucky, I think it'll be like their XFM show, with Laverne in the room too. Probably some interviews, with a confirmation of a 2016 tour (fingers crossed), discussion on how the South America shows went, maybe some talk about Ed's absence, whatever they are willing to reveal. And a chance for a DJ set at the end, maybe the last hour. They'd want to make listeners wait so they're tuned in to the whole show.

But I have a feeling they're not even going to be there for the full three hours. It's going to be Laverne doing a her show about whatever the hell for an hour or two, and the Chems will come on for a interview and stick around for maybe 20 minutes maximum. Tom and Ed will want to be home for Christmas, so the interview is probably pre-recorded too, maybe even over the phone. She'll play Wide Open or some track everyone's heard before, pretend to talk to them "live" for a little bit, then back to her all purpose Christmas special. Still a good chance to hear them say stuff and talk about things, which is great fun and all, but nothing actually special.

Which is totally a missed opportunity, because I can't imagine many people will be spending their Christmas evenings listening to BBC 6Music, instead of, you know, being with family... So they could easily get away with a pounding and self-indulgent Chemical Christmas set.

I have a headache and it is making me cynical.
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2015, 23:30 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 02, 2015, 23:23

Three hour mix I bet not.

Ah come on - where's your festive spirit?  In the quiet times we long for something like this, even a tiny bit...   And with the likes of iPlayer you can still enjoy turkey and parlour games with the folks...

As for listening to radio at Christmas - I still recall hearing Radio 1 playing the bulk of the Glasto set on (I think) Boxing Day 2007, from the start, including Burst Generator. Driving back somewhere, big surprise when it came on, and still unable to get a copy from anywhere...

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 02, 2015, 23:23

But I have a feeling they're not even going to be there for the full three hours. It's going to be Laverne doing a her show about whatever the hell for an hour or two, and the Chems will come on for a interview and stick around for maybe 20 minutes maximum.

They are there for the full 3 hours. She spoke about it on her show the other day. It's already been recorded. They're talking about their career, playing their favourite songs and old session tracks, then a new mix in the last hour.

Quote from: Mumbo on Dec 03, 2015, 15:13

They are there for the full 3 hours. She spoke about it on her show the other day. It's already been recorded. They're talking about their career, playing their favourite songs and old session tracks, then a new mix in the last hour.
Forgive my humbuggery, I take it all back! End of semester has me down. This is going to rule!
Never for money, always for love.

3 hour mix would be cool, including a DL link for it.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Oh it's at 10am on Christmas Day. Well some of us are kinda busy that day. I imagine there will be a listen again option, there usually is for BBC Radio even if it's just a normal show. Better be.

https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/676343560971636736
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This is amazing 3 whole hours of them. I wouldn't mind hearing them chat extensively about music they like etc. anyway. its been a while we've been lucky to have that lengthy type of interview.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Dec 16, 2015, 10:40

This is amazing 3 whole hours of them. I wouldn't mind hearing them chat extensively about music they like etc.

A Chemicals Carol.

Listeneing to 6 music yesterday, they said it would be the chems with Laverne for 3 hours, featuring a 30 minute mix.

Just hearing the ad for it. They talking about their past, their music, remixes, collaborations and live stuff, about the forum, they ban the champagne spiller, letting Toms hair grow back and they made the 30min mix.

6 Music's Chemical Christmas

On this most festive of day's, what better than to be joined by Ed and Tom AKA The Chemical Brothers who chat to Lauren for 3 hours, picking some of their favourite tracks, and some choice tales their over 20 years plus together. From their early days at Uni, to playing Heavenly Social, their Radio 1 Evening Session mix, their relationship with Glastonbury, wanting to work with Bob Dylan, searching for absconding rappers, and catching the attention of mullet-based rock demi-gods. They've done it all. And as a gift to the listeners, Tom and Ed have made an exclusive and unique mix for the show - The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present & Future.

Last Edit: Dec 22, 2015, 12:29 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I bet it's going to be a 3 hour live cooking show revolving around the special Steve Dub Jerk Chicken recipe with some music discussed alongside the cuisine procedure. Ed's probably gonna flip and switch records from time to time interrupted by some casual kitchen sink psychology tidbits from his thesis ;D.
Last Edit: Dec 22, 2015, 14:28 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

we should use the chat for this!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt I'll be able to listen to this at the mother-in-law's  :(