"Enjoying" one's entourage during Block Rockin' Beats
1 (5.3%)
Writing a letter to Bob Dylan
2 (10.5%)
The mix had a great tempo!
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Quote from: Csar on Dec 27, 2015, 08:16

Question: the Direct Buki labeled track is this sort of an alternative version of it or is this an entirely different track with just the  "freak y'all" vocal sample?
Btw, I love the AKS lfo sound effect at the end.

Its another track they've used underneath (an edit they've probably done) with the 'freak y'all' sample they used for direct buki. Im trying to shazzam it to figure out what it is but its not enough to register. i've heard it heaps of times too its so annoying. Its one Soulwax used a bit too in the past in there sets I think.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Thanks Pum. Spending the final bit of My Christmas break enjoying the mini-mix.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Dec 26, 2015, 16:26

and yeah, That Doves Remix.  Chills. 

release date?

Last Edit: Dec 28, 2015, 19:33 by Born In Planet Dust

I'm afraid it will remain exclusive to this mix (just like the Teardrop Remix in another mix).

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 29, 2015, 06:24

I'm afraid it will remain exclusive to this mix (just like the Teardrop Remix in another mix).
I don't want to hear such things! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 29, 2015, 07:38

I don't want to hear such things! OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
I don't want to hear it either. Maybe we should all politely ask Tom on twitter to release it.

Muchas gracias, Pum  :music
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Made the Dove guitar loop my ringtone the other day. It's just that awesome.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

That dove remix................................................. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

ill take a copy!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Question: the Direct Buki labeled track is this sort of an alternative version of it or is this an entirely different track with just the  "freak y'all" vocal sample?

I think the original track is on the first Alter Ego album but I can't remember which track, maybe Beat The Bush

I would love to hear the Beth Orton track.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Ooh, this is exciting! I've been too busy Christmassing to listen to this until today.
So far I've just listened to (and downloaded in WAV quality) this thing from soundcloud:
Quote from: It's The Lifestyle We're Living on Dec 26, 2015, 13:50

Sharable streaming link has appeared on soundcloud...
https://soundcloud.com/the-golden-path/chemical-christmas
Thanks Errol! Did this just come from Chems =>Erroll=>Us (soundcloud) or did this 30 minute thingy appear somewhere else originally?

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 25, 2015, 16:40

The Doves remix is so beautiful. I hope it will be released separately someday, otherwise I'll just extract it from the Mix.

Has anyone done a nice clean extract of Kingdom Of Rust then? I'd be keen to appreciate your editing handiwork...

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 25, 2015, 16:53

So, here is the link to the MiniMix => https://www.sendspace.com/file/8jnm79

Here's the complete show => https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Nqhs2H0Zqjng1Y%2B%2Bv9a7awY7JNk4r0eD

Ok, it's dumbass time:  I've downloaded No's 1 & 2 of the three available for the complete show on Sendspace. But they won't allow me to right click and EXTRACT the files. Out of frustration I tried just double clicking which gives me a message "Windows can't open this file". It doesn't even try to default to Windows Media Player (which it usually would do if I foolishly double click a zipped music file).  What am I doing wrong?
Incidentally these dont look like the usual zipped yellow/brown folders, just a white square (one plain white, one with an orange dot or square in the middle)

I guess theyhad this thing in the can on or by 8th December. A little reference to the first track of the mix here:
https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/674095601932480513
(I guess this won't embed because of the emojis. I wonder if that will always be the case.)

Last Edit: Jan 01, 2016, 16:26 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: MIKL on Dec 27, 2015, 08:59

Its another track they've used underneath (an edit they've probably done) with the 'freak y'all' sample they used for direct buki. Im trying to shazzam it to figure out what it is but its not enough to register. i've heard it heaps of times too its so annoying. Its one Soulwax used a bit too in the past in there sets I think.

I think this may be the droid you're looking for:
https://soundcloud.com/herveteckel/savas-pascalidis-defend-it
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jan 01, 2016, 15:36

Ok, it's dumbass time:  I've downloaded No's 1 & 2 of the three available for the complete show on Sendspace.
For the whole show you need to download all three parts. Sendspace hasn't allowed me to upload files larger than 400mb so I had to split them. Only the minimix is one file.
no idea, no idea

Ok. That occurred to me after my comments above. I now have all three parts in my Downloads. None of them look like normal or zipped files.
So, now what?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Put all three in the same folder, then choose the .oo1 file to unpack - normally the program you unzip with (even the ones build into your os) recognise the other two parts and extracts the complete mp3
no idea, no idea

There are two things I learned from the 30 minute mix from last Christmas.
1: Paul McCartney didn't sue TLC for borrowing from his Waterfalls track, but he probably could have.
2: I don't know what the track before "System of Survival" is.

Ok so the second one isn't really learning....yet. But if anyone knows, please advise.
Any other comments on this tracklisting would be good too (helpful comments that is - before ya'll take the piss)

Chemical Christmas 2015: 30 Minute Mix
A Christmas Carol film dialogue
Going Back To My Roots - Richie Havens
Bush Beat (re-edit) - Prince Charles & The City Beat Band (feat. A Christmas Carol dialogue, LL Cool J "Feel the Beat" and New Order "Confusion" acapellas)
Bostich - Yellow
?? - ?? (feat. brief Waterfalls acapella - Paul McCartney)
System of Survival - Earth Wind & Fire (Chemical re-edit/mix I reckon, same as on Beats One mix)
Waterfalls - Paul McCartney
Last Train To Trancentral (film version) - KLF
Kingdom Of Rust (unreleased Chemical Bros remix) - Doves
Sound & Vision - David Bowie
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm guessing the Tom Rowlands remix of Kingdom of Rust never appeared anywhere? Give my left gonad for copy of that.

Quote from: Morphy on Dec 26, 2016, 17:10

I'm guessing the Tom Rowlands remix of Kingdom of Rust never appeared anywhere? Give my left gonad for copy of that.
Hi and welcome!
That seems to be the case, yes. Maybe there's one lucky DJ out there where this thing's hiding behind a sofa or something.

I'd like a copy of it too because it's so great.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)