1 (5.3%)
Writing a letter to Bob Dylan
2 (10.5%)
The mix had a great tempo!
3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Quote from: Csar on Dec 26, 2016, 17:51

Hi and welcome!
That seems to be the case, yes. Maybe there's one lucky DJ out there where this thing's hiding behind a sofa or something.

I'd like a copy of it too because it's so great.

Thanks for the reply :) Yes well we live in hope Tom might release this one day...

I'm listening to KLF's Chill Out album right now and there seem to be all the parts that are used in the Christmas special, even though the tracklist says Last Train to Trancentral. Did the Chems just edit the ones on Chill Out and stitch them together for their mix?

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Doves have been guests on Radcliffe and Maconie's show on 6 Music the other day, but they haven't said a word about an official release of the Brothers remix
no idea, no idea

Stumbled across this thing today in my music files. I'm not sure I had listened to all 2.5 hours of the program that preceeds the 30 minute mix.

Some thoughts that occurred to me today:
1) I Never Asked To Be Your Mountain by Tim Buckley gets played. Tom mentions that there's an unreleased cover version of the song that they did with Beth Orton ("It might stay unreleased!").
Ed: Is it on tape?
Tom: It's on cassette tape...no, I think Ive got it actually...it's a good 'un.

2) Kraftwerk's Numbers gets played. Well, OK it's no secret that the Chems like Kraftwerk, I think they both went to see Kraftwerk at London's Royal Festival Hall the last time they played. But this particular track choice perhaps reinforces my guess that "Krafty - Numbers" mentioned in this thread is probably the Kraftwerk track.

3) The United States of America - The Garden Of Earthly Delights has some psychedelic laughter at the beginning of the track. I'm not saying it has been sampled, but it did make me wonder if it was inspiration for the MAH laughter.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 20, 2019, 16:16
Tom mentions that there's an unreleased cover version of the song that they did with Beth Orton ("It might stay unreleased!").
This?
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Apr 20, 2019, 17:24

This?

Well yes I know it's released NOW! It's fun to hear them talk about it THEN.

Oh also re that United States of America track, not one of the Youtube uploads I have listened to has the laughter at the beginning of the track. Just the version played on the radio show. So if anyone jumps on Youtube to listen to the track you won't hear what I'm referring to.

EDIT
Also listen to the sounds at 35.04. Do these sound familiar?
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2019, 18:06 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 20, 2019, 17:50
Well yes I know it's released NOW! It's fun to hear them talk about it THEN.
Well, I suspected it and was in doubt to send a message or not. ::)
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound