Free Yourself

Grammy Nominations

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Dec 07, 2015, 14:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Diplo and Skrillex? Seriously???

Skrillex & Diplo win best album.  Ugh.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Fuck Jack Ü, fuck Justin Bieber.
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 23:22 by Ben_j

The live stream seems kinda boring, No guest presenters, loads of empty seats.  All seems very perfunctory.
http://live.grammy.com/
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 15, 2016, 23:22

The live stream seems kinda boring, No guest presenters, loads of empty seats.  All seems very perfunctory.
http://live.grammy.com/

It's actually the "premiere ceremony" apparently. They give a lot of awards that they don't have time for in the actual show.
Hey at least Diplo just lost a Grammy for Best producer ! Fingers crossed for Tame Impala who could (and should) win best alternative album

Got it. So best dance/electronc album is in the pre-show but best dance recording is later in the main show. Weird.
Also I thought "EDM" was big in America these days so I'm surprised the 'album' category wasn't scheduled for the main show.
Anyway the Grammys are clearly rubbish as neither Chems, Jamie XX nor Caribou won the album prize.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 15, 2016, 23:44

Got it. So best dance/electronc album is in the pre-show but best dance recording is later in the main show.
No no, Jack U also won that...

https://www.grammy.com/nominees?genre=66

EDIT : And Tame Impala lost too apparently...
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2016, 23:53 by Ben_j

D'oh! Well at least we didn't have to wait up for it. 
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Well, I guess it's how the business works. You're new, you probably win. You're "established" and constantly deliver quality, you lose out to the new guys. I know where my heart is.
Glad I fell asleep last night.
Last Edit: Feb 16, 2016, 10:01 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 16, 2016, 09:59

Well, I guess it's how the business works. You're new, you probably win. You're "established" and constantly deliver quality, you lose out to the new guys. I know where my heart is.
Glad I fell asleep last night.
Diplo is far from new, man. But last years Aphex Twin won over deadmau5, so it's not always that way.

Quote from: Ben_j on Feb 16, 2016, 11:11

Diplo is far from new, man. But last years Aphex Twin won over deadmau5, so it's not always that way.
But Jack Ü as a group is fairly new and it's actually their debut album. That's what I was aiming at.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.