But Now I Think I See the Light

London 2016

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Dec 17, 2015, 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic
It would be so awesome to have a big forum meetup, with people from all around the world :D

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 21, 2015, 02:16

It would be so awesome to have a big forum meetup, with people from all around the world :D

The ultimate meetup! I could just imagine how long were gonna be up talking about last night's show while eating breakfast. Btw,  I know when there's a meetup, we kind of go around and give our first names, but i might accidently call you by your forum username :) it happens!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Dec 18, 2015, 02:51

I would love to work out a trip to London.

Just have to:
3. Find a place to stay.

I'll ask tom! I'm sure he has room in his studio.  We'll sleep on the floor!
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015, 02:49 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

We should get a roll call going for it,

I am 100% going, no matter where it is or how much it costs, i will be there!

as for venue, i wasnt at the olympia, so id love it to be there, but they tend to do big shows in different venues. Hyde park will be shit, awful sound and shit venue set up. it could be a few nights in the roundhouse, but thats been done. i doubt it will be an outdoor venue like the olympic stadium, could be somewhere like battersea power station or trafalger square again?
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

It would be cool to see the Chemical Brothers....

i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 21, 2015, 02:38

I'll ask tom! I'm sure he has room in his studio.  We'll sleep on the floor!
I'm sure half of us would sleep on the synthesizers. You wouldn't be able to drag us away.
Never for money, always for love.

His house and studio in Lewes, are you sure? =)
Hi Kevin!

This will be a priority for 2016, for sure...

I can't decide to either go to US for the first time or go back to London/Paris again next year. Maybe this is a sign? How keen is everyone?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Ok! I think the tour will start maybe around spring and toward summer. If I save now ( and no pending and future financial disturbances) I might be able to pay for my trip including hotel. I have now established a 'Chems London 2016 fund' ! I have 10.82 saved up now! :)

Im also going back to school in 2016, so I hope my schedule doesn't land on a specific tour date.

Lots to talk about later since no tour dates haven't been announced!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Almost certainly Hyde Park. The new setup there is quite good now, sound wise. Much better than the previous promoters. They pointed the speakers away from the rich people's houses, so they could turn the volume up.

Downside of Hyde Park is the curfew - still light at that time of the year, so you wouldn't get the full effect of the visuals. Even with the improvements, I've still heard that sound quality - or at least the volume level - leaves a lot to be desired...

Im in, and coming from Canada, would be cool to have a huge international meetup for sure!

;D yes  ;D
Eight or over.

Hope it's not a too big venue, Roundhouse would be absolutely amazing.

International forum meetup? I'm in!

Just a thought: Maybe we'll get some info on the Live event at tomorrows radio show.

Man, I'd love to go there! Let's see if it's doable. Does anyone know for how long you'll be able to register? And how does this work anyway? Do you win tickets like the Apple concert or you're just given the option to buy one when registered?

Btw, I love this picture for this tour:

Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015, 00:03 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 24, 2015, 23:57

And how does this work anyway? Do you win tickets like the Apple concert or you're just given the option to buy one when registered?
You have to pass the acid test!
no idea, no idea

HI There, I'm new to the forum.

Registered for tickets this weekend.......very very excited! It would be great if the live show would be outdoors
Be who you were created to be

Welcome Gracey!

It absolutely would be great.
The robots are adventuring outside... let's hope that's a sign!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning