'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

Modeselektor / Moderat

Started by Ben_j, Jan 14, 2016, 20:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 12, 2016, 18:29

The little synth melody around 0.35 on Reminder...reminds me of the intro to Skream's remix of In For the Kill. Just sayin'.

Yep, me too

Moderat doing a small club show in August this year here in cologne. Thinking about going there.

http://c-o-pop.de/en/festival/
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 02, 2017, 18:35

Moderat doing a small club show in August this year here in cologne. Thinking about going there.

http://c-o-pop.de/en/festival/

Don't Think, just Go

https://twitter.com/jetfury/status/967138143832100865

Both BEN and I are very chuffed about the response to the @AnnihilationMov score but credit also has to got to @ModeratOfficial for the last 3rd of the film who were used and inspired our direction for the Alien cue

Didn't embed because: emojis.
So yeah, Annihilation only gets a cinema release in North America and China. Elsewhere it's straight to Netflix. This is the follow up to Ex Machina (i.e Alex Garland's next feature film as director, he also adapted the book -not by him- into the screenplay). Geoff Barrow is of course the Portishead guy.

EDIT: The Moderat track is apparently The Mark - track 1 from album II.
Last Edit: Mar 06, 2018, 20:19 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm bummed that Annihilation won't get a cinema release here, would've loved to watch this on the big screen. One of my most anticipated movies this year, the novelbit is based on was fascinating and strange, in a good way.

New track, and a 2019 tour has been announced !

A new album titled "Who Else" has been announced for February 22nd ! (Incidentally, the day of their show in Paris)

Two new tracks from Modeselektor

Oh how I missed Modeselektor live !

They're one of the most entertaining electronic live acts, and some of the tracks of the new album work extremely well live. Some tracks I hoped to hear were not there (Kill Bill, all of the TTC featurings, some older stuff from the 2005 - 2007 era...) but looking back, they have a phenomenal catalogue and I loved everything else they played. Also, the set doesn't flow as good as before, playing one song after the other instead of mixing everything together, which is a shame because there are so many tracks that would sound great together (one of the new track, Fentanyl would be perfect mixed with Construction Desert for example). At the end of the show, after the lights were turned back on, nobody would walk away, everyone stayed and shouted for them to come back, which they finally did after 10 long minutes, to play two more tracks. I've never seen that, usually when it's over, it's over.

The new album was also released yesterday, it's quite short (8 tracks, 34mn) but there's almost nothing to throw away in it. Since it's that short they could play all of the tracks in the live set, which is not something a lot of bands could do. The only track I don't quite like is the final one (Wake me up when it's over), but it's a fun one to see live.

I was a bit letdown with the new album. I'm a huge Modeselektor and Moderat fan, but felt something was lacking with the new record. I only listened to it a couple of times, maybe it will grow on me. Either way, it still doesn't top Monkeytown or Happy Birthday! or Hello Mom.

Someone recorder basicaly the whole show they did in Mexico, in excellent quality :