You Are All My Children Now

Soulwax / 2Many DJs

Started by Ben_j, Jan 28, 2016, 00:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 23, 2018, 08:58

So you're saying that the last four minutes of the Radio 1 Essesntial hour = track 13 and track 14?

If we believe the album track titles, yes. But I also believe there was a fuckup somewhere, or a reorganisation of the 14 tracks into 13

I went to a "premiere" of this film at Electrowerkz nightclub, presented by the Dewaele boys theselves. You had to apply through Myspace(!) for free (!!). In fact I still have the Soulwax/Myspace T-shirt they handed out on the night. They also gave us all free popcorn for the film, and then played a Nite Versions style gig in the club to perhaps 200 people. Best freebie night ever.

https://twitter.com/soulwax/status/1045649806352371714

(Why didn't this embed? There are no emojis!)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I also went to a premier of this documentary here in San Francisco back in 2008, also followed by a Soulwax performance.

I remember the screening felt a little weird--everyone was there standing around watching the documentary, getting excited at the footage of Soulwax performing live, but then being impatient and really just wanting to see Soulwax perform. Despite this, it was nonetheless really cool to see the documentary and also to be able to see Soulwax perform that night.

I miss the Soulwax from the Nite Versions days.

But they still are just so impressive as artists, and it's clear they keep pushing their own boundaries.

2ManyDJs Desert Island Disco mix with Laren Laverne was this morning.

Click HERE.
Interview at 1hr,34. Mix at 1hr,37.
First track:  Marie Davidson: Work It (Soulwax Remix), Last Track:  Big Audio Dynamite: Medicine Show.

It's not exaclty "As Heard On Radio Soulwax pt2", but it ain't bad.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

https://twitter.com/soulwax/status/1204085208397561856

So uhhhh...any west coasters feel like doing another meet up in SF???
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

100% going to be at the SF show!!

Might be the wrong thread to ask or check but did they do anything special/notable in the 2 Many DJ mixes when supporting The chems?
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Warmduscher - Midnight Dipper (Soulwax Remix)

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Allright I gave it a listen. It's too tame for me, I prefer music with a bit more beat and drive to it. Movement 6 (the one heard in the teaser) is the best track on it.

I listened to Nite Versions in full for the first time in years recently. I had forgotten how great the whole thing makes you feel. Definitely still their best work.
Never heard this before though.

Embedded in this article:
Soulwax to re-release Nite Versions...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm excited for the vinyl reissue! I'm relieved it will be available in america too, even if it is a bit delayed.

I preordered the vinyl reissue, but apparently it will have a delay :(

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 27, 2020, 12:53

Never heard this before though.
From what I understand, this was made for a fashion show this year, so nobody ever heard this before

I think I kinda like it.

Also, anyone feel like they used the same vocal sample from Swiper?
Last Edit: Dec 08, 2020, 08:40 by MadPooter

Only found this remix in the last week (and yet it's over a year old). That bassline!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdANX4v5UDg
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Not the most groundbreaking Soulwax remix but it's also (kinda) something new from Jungle.

Diplo & Damian Lazarus - Don't Be Afraid (feat. Jungle) [Soulwax Remix]
IT'S MORNING TIME!