Jerk Chicken

La Nuit de L'Erde (Nantes, France) 2016

Started by Ben_j, Feb 08, 2016, 07:16

Previous topic - Next topic
the best line up looks to be the one in Biaritz, but the problem is that place is expensive, plus you need to fly to Nice i beleive and in July that is expensive.

I may go to Nantes, as it looks like the best festival out of the other 2, but i still dont know. Might go to manchester, but really not loving another round of festival shows
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 07, 2016, 00:53

Yes and no, most festivals have a shit line up, and we can't go to each of them anyway, they're all in a different corner of France :/

Yeah, I lookd it up on the map. But you know, I'm simple minded and thought 4xChems in France = awesome. I mean, if you could spend your holidays/money for those 4, it might be feasable to do, wouldn't it?
However, I'm a little bit bummed that they don't seem to play single gigs any time soon and anywhere near my location this year. Festivals might generate some good money and I actually don't really know how the booking process works (I remember Tom saying last year something like "I'd love to go to Australia but they haven't asked us yet" or something along those lines), but I'm fairly sure solo gigs would drag in loads of people as well. At least that's my experience with the gigs I've been to over last 10 years. Sigh, I need another Chems concert and the rush of adrenaline going through every cell of my body just before the show starts.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Chemdup on Mar 07, 2016, 12:11

the best line up looks to be the one in Biaritz, but the problem is that place is expensive, plus you need to fly to Nice i beleive and in July that is expensive.
No, Nice is in the east, Biarritz is in the west. I think there's an airport in Biarritz.

I would go to all 4 or maybe 2 or 3 if I had a car, but I don't :( I'll probably go in Nantes and borrow my mother's car.

So who's actually planning on going ? I'm trying to find somewhere to crash and sleep after the festival

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 07, 2016, 13:36

No, Nice is in the east, Biarritz is in the west. I think there's an airport in Biarritz.

I would go to all 4 or maybe 2 or 3 if I had a car, but I don't :( I'll probably go in Nantes and borrow my mother's car.

well, in Biarritz there is an airport or rail way station... or by car but its very very far away from North of France