But Now I Think I See the Light

La Nuit de L'Erde (Nantes, France) 2016

Started by Ben_j, Feb 08, 2016, 07:16

Previous topic - Next topic
New live date, and one that rejoices me ! A new festival near Nantes, in France, so I might be able to go.
http://www.lanuitdelerdre.fr/

They will play there the 2nd of July
Last Edit: Feb 08, 2016, 07:18 by Ben_j

Ooooo two dates that are close to each other (Portugal and France)

I might be saying... I'll See You There!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 08, 2016, 09:38

Ooooo two dates that are close to each other (Portugal and France)

I might be saying... I'll See You There!
We don't have the same notion of distance it seems :D

hahaha, I meant close as in dates (2nd and 7th)

now with a 2nd france show I am starting to get quite excited
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 08, 2016, 16:53

hahaha, I meant close as in dates (2nd and 7th)

now with a 2nd france show I am starting to get quite excited
Well if you happen to make a long trip across Europe, you should spend a few days in Paris and have a beer with me ;)

Thinking of heading to the 2 French shows, nice weather, nice crowd, nice surroundings, wine, good food, wine....

From the info it looks like one is on 2nd july, the other on 3rd july? thats the days the chems are playing?

What would be the distance between the 2 festivals? I wouldn't mind driving from Cherbourg or Roscoff to the festivals.
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

There are actually 3 shows in France:

July 1, Festival Beauregard, Hérouville St-Clair, Normandie. Then this festival, Erdre, on the second of July. These two are pretty close to each other compared to the third one on July 9 at Les Deferlantes in Argelès-sur-Mer.

-->Live dates
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I was looking on google maps, driving from cherbourg to the normandie festival is only a couple of hours, then driving to nantes is only 3.30 hrs so it would easily be done...
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

ive just looked at ferry prices over and they are crazy! €1000! so i would be flying to paris, and getting the train to Normandie and then to Nantes, then back to paris, or go to Nice or Toulous and fly home.

Quote from: Chemdup on Mar 01, 2016, 16:11

ive just looked at ferry prices over and they are crazy! €1000! so i would be flying to paris, and getting the train to Normandie and then to Nantes, then back to paris, or go to Nice or Toulous and fly home.
Where do you live? If you fly WestJet, you can fly from Newfoundland (St. John's) to London for ~$200, no joke, starting in May. You can also fly out of Toronto for $250 and Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg for $300. Same price for the flight back, plus fees and such.

Then you can take Megabus or Ryanair to France for a lot cheaper than it would be to fly direct to France, and maybe see a show in London while you're there.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 01, 2016, 17:16
Where do you live? If you fly WestJet, you can fly from Newfoundland (St. John's) to London for ~$200, no joke, starting in May. You can also fly out of Toronto for $250 and Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg for $300. Same price for the flight back, plus fees and such.

HAHAHAHA you'd think i was coming from outer mongolia for that price, but no, that is the price for a ferry from Ireland!

So what im planning now is fly to paris, and either drive or get the train, train is 5 hrs, drive is less, but the french are pretty crazy drivers! ;)

Quote from: Chemdup on Mar 02, 2016, 10:25

drive is less, but the french are pretty crazy drivers! ;)
+ you have to pay toll on their autobahn
no idea, no idea

HAHAHAHA you'd think i was coming from outer mongolia for that price, but no, that is the price for a ferry from Ireland!

So what im planning now is fly to paris, and either drive or get the train, train is 5 hrs, drive is less, but the french are pretty crazy drivers! ;)
Flights from Dublin to Paris are between 50 and 150€, it would be a better idea than ferry :P

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 02, 2016, 11:37

Flights from Dublin to Paris are between 50 and 150€, it would be a better idea than ferry :P

I had the misguided idea that the ferry and driving your own car was cheaper! lesson learned! I'll drop you a PM and see what plans we can come up with, i presume you are gonna go to both shows?

Fuckin hell that's expensive!

I thought you were the guy with legal troubles from Canada :D
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 02, 2016, 19:15

Stardoktor ?

The rest of the line up has been announced, it's pretty lame.
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2016, 10:31 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 04, 2016, 10:29

Stardoktor ?

The rest of the line up has been announced, it's pretty lame.
No, it's Redout_Chemical. Anyways, looks pretty awesome to be French this year!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 02, 2016, 19:15

Fuckin hell that's expensive!

That would be me :P

Quote from: Csar on Mar 04, 2016, 11:44

No, it's Redout_Chemical. Anyways, looks pretty awesome to be French this year!

Yes and no, most festivals have a shit line up, and we can't go to each of them anyway, they're all in a different corner of France :/