How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Kraftwerk

Started by inchemwetrust, Feb 11, 2016, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Florians' passing brings an interesting mix of grief, nostalgia, and deep thought.

Inchem commented on Prince, Bowie, and George Michael.

Manu Dibango, Bill Withers, Tony Allen, Florian... and just in the last few weeks.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on May 08, 2020, 08:00

Florians' passing brings an interesting mix of grief, nostalgia, and deep thought.

Inchem commented on Prince, Bowie, and George Michael.

Manu Dibango, Bill Withers, Tony Allen, Florian... and just in the last few weeks.

You can add to that The Stranglers' keyboardist David Greenfield and rapper Ty  :(

And now Little Richard...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Was shocked when I opened Spotify today and saw something:

There's a new Kraftwerk single on streaming services.

Seems like it's just a new edit of Heimcomputer/Home Computer.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Maybe this has something to do with their introduction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
no idea, no idea

Quote from: gpro2005 on May 15, 2021, 10:20

Was shocked when I opened Spotify today and saw something:

There's a new Kraftwerk single on streaming services.

Seems like it's just a new edit of Heimcomputer/Home Computer.
Don't forget Non Stop, which released on the Remixes compliation a month or two ago. Previously unreleased version of Music Non Stop that played in MTV jingles.

I wonder if Kraftwerk is trying to get the German language versions of their albums up on all platforms? It'd be cool to be able to stream either.
Never for money, always for love.

Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 18:49 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

May as well post it.

[I always think of KLF's What Time Is Love when I listen to this. As I didn't even know the sound they sampled was a sample back in 1990]
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 15, 2021, 16:20

Don't forget Non Stop, which released on the Remixes compliation a month or two ago. Previously unreleased version of Music Non Stop that played in MTV jingles.

I wonder if Kraftwerk is trying to get the German language versions of their albums up on all platforms? It'd be cool to be able to stream either.

Non Stop is actually one of my favourites from Remixes.

Although, on Spotify, I can see the German versions of every album that had one (except Minimum-Maximum).

Quote from: gpro2005 on May 15, 2021, 19:18

Non Stop is actually one of my favourites from Remixes.

Although, on Spotify, I can see the German versions of every album that had one (except Minimum-Maximum).
Only in English on American Spotify sadly
Never for money, always for love.

you can get the 7-inch single here with the musikexpress mag for € 9.90:

https://abo.musikexpress.de/produkt/musikexpress-ausgabe-06-21-mit-exklusiver-kraftwerk-vinyl-7-inch-single/
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Re-secured for Chicago. That Red Rocks show very tempting. Wonder if July 1 or 2nd could be Milwaukee Summerfest? A lot of shows in a short amount of time for Ralf. Best of health, maestro!

If you enjoyed the Remixes digital compilation from 2020, Kraftwerk have just announced a 3xLP release. Amazon and other stores will have a black vinyl version, but their official online store (sorry, Europe and Japan only) will exclusively offer a version on clear neon yellow (I think?) [the same type as Radioactivity, I believe] vinyl. I've attatched an image below. The differences between the LP and digital tracklists are:

Added:

• Home Computer - 2021 version
  • Tour de France Etape 2
Shortened:

• Robotnik (swapped in order with Robotronik)
  • Robotronik (swapped in order with Robotnik)
  • La Forme - Hot Chip King of the Mountains Mix (this one has been shortened from 11:31 to 6:33)
Removed:

• Expo 2000 - UR Unfiltrated Mix
  • Expo 2000 - Kling Klang Mix 2000

Also, Amazon lists a 2xCD version, here is the link (amazon.de), although weirdly Kraftwerk themselves have not mentioned this. The CD tracklist is unclear at the moment.

Edit: Thanks to Reddit user FR3SH2DETH for the heads-up: as per the Rhino Records site, the tracklist is very similar between the CD and LP with the following exceptions:

• Robotnik and Robotronik are not swapped, although they remain slightly shortened.
  • Tour de France Etape 2 is last (end of CD2) instead of third-to-last (start of side F) and Home Computer is track 10 (end of CD1) instead of track 4 (start of side B).
  • La Forme - Hot Chip King of the Mountains Mix is not shortened.

Both are released on March 25th and preorders are open now.

Last Edit: Feb 03, 2022, 16:13 by gpro2005