Push the Button

Kraftwerk

Started by inchemwetrust, Feb 11, 2016, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic

A place for discussion on all things on German's finest while wait for new material and tours.

EDIT: CRAP! They're coming to the Hollywood Bowl!  :music
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Tour De France is my favourite album of theirs.
Unsurprisingly it's super fun to cycle to.

Their 3D show was pretty fun too. As static as they are up on the stage behind their lecture podiums.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

TDF on the treadmill! I miss those days when I had the iPod and Aerodynamik during the the last miles.

My fave tracks:

The melodies on all their tracks is what makes them stand out to me, because they're just contagious. I'm always whistling neon lights from time to time. The Man-machine has those bleeps and punchy little signal presses of robotic goodness. Radioland is just perfect for headphones so you can just drift off into space and kill time on a nearby satellite. Music nonstop is one of those 'go-to' tracks when I just want play loud and bug the neighbors while I clean the house.

Computer World would be my fave album, but TEE comes at a close second!

Favourite tracks:
Vitamin, Expo 2000 (Kling Klang Mix 2000), Autobahn (Minimum/Maximum), Neonlicht, Boing Boom Tschak, Kometenmelodie 2, Europa Endlos
no idea, no idea

Remember kids, don't do samplers.
Never for money, always for love.

No delay with ISS.
Kraftwerk approved.
Hi Kevin!

Ralph, calm down, enough.
Your band is already are epic and cool.
Enough.
Hi Kevin!

Columbus even!  Only an hour and a half drive for me. 

Yup, they look pretty available for all this tour.

That Red Rocks date extremely tempting too...

I've been dying to go back and two of my favorite groups are heading there this year (King Gizzard and Kraftwerk)

crap! i slept too long to notice.

im gonna have to wait and f5 this till a good seat comes up!

definitely excited!

Wow, these are some really sad news. Without Kraftwerk there would be no electronic music like we know it today. I'm totally heartbroken inside right now and thats for a person i didn't even know personally. Hopefully someone put some Neonlicht on his grave.  :'(
no idea, no idea

RIP to a pioneer. Autobahn changed everything.

For those who didn't know, Schneider began as the band's flutist and violinist, creating great sounds via overdubbing and tape echo on their first three out-of-print, ignored-by-the-band albums. Ruckzuck's probably the best example of his performance:

and Klingklang is great too:

He picked up "electronics" and keyboards on third album Ralf und Florian - and all the rest is history, literally.
Never for money, always for love.

Just a terrible day in a already terrible time.I never saw this coming,and I for one like to keep tabs on all of the original members on the interwebz,for they all seem in great health. Florian kept his cancer battle hush hush. Years ago, we lost Prince, Bowie, and George Michael, but losing Florian made me think for the first time on how my Kraftwerk records are valued, and I don't mean in a monetary value (except for those little fuckers who are about to hike up Kraftwerk records on discogs and eBay) but in a historic and artistic value. But more importantly,  his major contribution of energy and effort for this band for 40 freakin years (including playing nice with others for that long) remains a great reason for me to keep listening to their music continuously.

Love and godspeed to all the fans out there.

im drunk, im upset, and this band will never receive the attention it deserves.

RIP Florian