Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

Requests, Bug Reports, How-To's, etc.

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 03, 2015, 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 30, 2023, 02:17
Still slow to load on forum homepage! The bg image takes forever to load. Once it's finished, I can then navigate the site!  Already tried 3 browsers on my phone with the same result.

2 minutes just to click on a topic!
Omg, @inchemwetrust, that shouldn't happen at all. The images are usually rather small in file size. Could you please clear your browser cache and/or do a so-called hard-refresh (ctrl/cmd + f5 on your keyboard, or press and hold the re-fresh arrow of your mobile browser).
I also re-activated the option to minimize CSS (style) and javascripts, let's see if that has a positive effect.

Btw, what OS do you use? Do you experience this on both mobile and laptop/pc?

I checked with an online performance tool and it doesn't show something out of the ordinary so far.
Please log in to view this attachment.

Also, could please try another Theme from Look & Layout, perhaps the standard Chembase 2.0 one, or the Reel one which doesn't feature the timer box, and report back if there's any difference in performance for you?
Last Edit: Aug 31, 2023, 12:12 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 31, 2023, 11:57
The images are usually rather small in file size.
There was one 1.5 mb JPEG image, but I converted it to WebP and it became 200-300 kb.
So now everything is working extremely fast. Could be even faster by milliseconds if we remove the FancyBox with the news, but I think there is no need to do that. ;D
Hi Kevin!

FIXED! Woohoo! thanx for looking out!

Best support team ever! Way to go Explud/Csar!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Not sure if this is a bug or I maybe accidentially activated a feature of some kind, but for some reason the font in the "Live 2024"-thread (https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,3312) shows up orange for me. All other threads I've checked show the normal black font. I tested this on two laptops, one with Win10 and one with Win11, and a smartphone with Android14,  all running the latest Firefox (121.0)
Force reload/clearing the cache didn't change anything.

Hehe, damn, this happens when I fiddle with in-post html. I wanted to highlight a specific word and didn't notice it affects all font on the page. Thanks for catching the bug @Stefan!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Can confirm that the text now is back to black, thanks for the quick fix!