Pretty shit
1 (2.9%)
Absolutely on top of the world
12 (35.3%)
Spanking wanking!
7 (20.6%)
Bored of existing
0 (0%)
Is Mr. Rowlands a little late on the As?
4 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Hey Tom! What do you think of Star Wars: A Force Awakens? How many times have you seen it, and... Did you shed a tear when that thing happened to that one guy from the original trilogy.... you know?

If given the chance to score a video game soundtrack, would you? And if so, what type of video game score would you like to create?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 20, 2016, 01:11

A certain crazy person may have ruined that opportunity for everyone.

we aren't that crazy...are we?

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Feb 21, 2016, 06:09

we aren't that crazy...are we?

We were  dorky, Geoff was an idiot... a lovable idiot

My question:

How do you clean your studio? There are so many sensitive equipment, which is moisture harmful.
And what the story about broken synth during Escape Velocity record session?
Last Edit: Feb 21, 2016, 18:09 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Questions...

Have you ever released any music under a secret alias? If so we would love to know more!

Your studio looks immense, what are you favourite pieces of equipment and why?

You've played at some ledgendary venues over the years, which other dis do you enjoy watching and playing with?

Will there be any standalone UK tour dates, particularly in London? Or is SW4 it?

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/702166089141264386

With over 100 comments on FB, what chance our questions here will be answered?
Does someone "shortlist" the questions for Tom? Someone here?

Incidentally I can't help thinking that limiting questions to one or two per post might make sense in so far as it's difficult to 'like' someone's specific question when they've posted a whole bunch in one post.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

My Question;

Hey Tom,
What were your first approaches on "Born In The Echoes"?
So let your body rock...

Hello Tom, here's a big fan from Argentina.

I've noted that your last videos are incredibly theatrical and abstract your esthetic rules! I also loved the emotional content form old videos like galvanize, golden path and electrobank... would you plug some wire in our hearts soon?
plus: Your visuals and sound in shows are always amazing... your last show en Arg let us wanting more, when would you come back soon please?

What does the mysterious trackname K+B+D on Further stand for?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 23, 2016, 17:53

What does the mysterious trackname K+B+D on Further stand for?
Ok, here's my question: "What does the mysterious trackname K+D+B on Further stand for?"  ;) :P
no idea, no idea

What's your favorite place to travel to, or have travelled to?

I think I remember that you like cycling. What kind of bike do you have? Do you listen to any music when you ride?

Everyone asks for gear reccomendations- what are some of your favorite VSTs and digital noisemakers? No analog stuff!

Born in the Echoes is your first album to not feature a single song transition, why is that?

Many fans are wondering if you'll ever try a more improvized setlist, with deeper digs (Chico's Groove!) played live for the first time. Has this ever been on the table?

What's the story of the worst gig you've ever had to do?

Any chance of an Ariel reunion? :D

Do you have any great compositions you haven't been able to release for copyright or legal reasons?

We've discovered some early prototype nicknames for songs like Guitar Tuned to D, Germ, Jabba... What are some great names we haven't heard? What happened to the track called Contra?

If someone sat you in your studio and told you to make 'a great synth sound' in 5 minutes, what effects, techniques, chains, pedals, and/or gear you would jump to?

What is your favorite t-shirt?

What's your favorite memory from university?

Will you DJ my wedding? If not, any good wedding song reccomendations? We're definitely playing Swoon.

What is your perfect Christmas?
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 20:13 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Tom--this is the most cliche question, but you've been doing this for 30 years. How has your relationship to making music changed?

There was a certain ferocity to the Chemical Brothers at the beginning, and from what I see the changes over the years have shaped your work with Ed into something with much more depth, though with that initial energy at a different level.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 23, 2016, 19:25

Ok, here's my question: "What does the mysterious trackname K+D+B on Further stand for?"  ;) :P
Damn. But like I said, it's a mysterious trackname.
(I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan. I am an unworthy fan.)
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2016, 23:33 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

23!!

With Keep My Composure (great song), were the Heroes and Brotherhood versions merely alternate takes, or did you work on the song further after submitting it for Heroes?

Which album opener is your favorite?

Out of every song you have never played live, which would you most like the play?

Your vocals are featured on many tracks! Which is your favorite?

Could you do another late night psyktronik mix?

Have to ask: Here Come the Drums? C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.?

Could you keep I'll See You There on this year's tour?

In Elektrobank, there are drums from Life Is Sweet (Remix 1):

Life is Sweet drums
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueXTKK3Do9E&feature=youtu.be&t=51

as seen, in Elektrobank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0rVbB3Z_-o&feature=youtu.be&t=82

Would you use these in a live show? They are awesome!
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 04:52 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

This again :)

I finally hear it now, by the way! Freaking good ears you got...
Last Edit: Feb 24, 2016, 04:21 by WhiteNoise

Do we get another 23 years of fresh new chemicals?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 24, 2016, 00:08

23!!

42? :D

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 23, 2016, 16:39

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/702166089141264386

With over 100 comments on FB, what chance our questions here will be answered?
Does someone "shortlist" the questions for Tom? Someone here?

Incidentally I can't help thinking that limiting questions to one or two per post might make sense in so far as it's difficult to 'like' someone's specific question when they've posted a whole bunch in one post.
This is actually spot on
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

A handful of older EDM artists, usually classically trained, consistently complain about the frustrations with working with artists that don't know music theory or with artists that a poor ear. Has this been a problem for you? If not, what is the biggest frustration on working with other artists.