I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

Forum 1.0 gone

Started by Csar, Jun 08, 2015, 17:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, this is the best thing that ever happened in this last month. I remember the first time I discovered the official chems forum in 2007 (if I remember correctly), those days were pretty exciting, watching lots of people sharing the same passion of the magical music made by The Chemical Brothers, and that's something very meaningful to a guy like me who lives on a country that does not appreciate at all this type of music.

I didn't sign up the first time in 2007, most of the time I was wandering around, reading a lot, and it took me another 4 years to sign up and finally share the same feelings as everybody does. The next 4 years since 2011, turns out to be the exact opposite of what I wanted. My posts were not so many, I didn't share experiences, or had any conversations with people, very different of what all the veterans  of this forum tend to do since the beginning of this wonderful journey.

But, the time has come, I will begin to express myself more this time around. I want to experience all the wonderful things, conversations, music, knowing more the people that have been around for years, everything that this forum has to offer.

All I have to say is, I'm very happy that this community still exist and I hope it remains this way till the end of times.

And, love is all. 

I've been a casual reader of the old forum since I discovered the Chem Bros round about 2010/2011.
Now with a brand-spanking new forum and brand-spanking new album, I guess I oughta take a chance and join in on the discussion.
Let's get this party started!
The devil is in the details

You are all most certainly welcome to come with us!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yeah, The Forum is back!!
This place looks amazing, massive thanks to all who've done so much that we Chemical Nerds can have our little refugium.
I really missed this, especially since the start of the new tour.

Well well well!!! Hello, Brothers & Sisters!!! Great look! Brother1 no longer, SouthernBro now! Greetings, people! And thank you very much! You're great! ;D
You are all my children now!

How is it possible to see who all the members are. I had hoped to see  Iggy, Chemicalfan, and Slipvin in the list ;-)

On a separate note would it be possible for all shows to be linked to the calendar  and this linked to forum threads, plus members clicking if they are attending?

^That's actually a good idea.  Can mods or us edit the calender? I can see forum members birthdays so I'm assume it's possible.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I know mods can add stuff to the calendar and I believe anyone else can contribute. Please give it a try if you haven't done so already.

I was hoping the calendar could also mark album release anniversaries as well , sort of like a calendar version of the This Day In Chemical History thread. :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 01, 2015, 19:27

^That's actually a good idea.  Can mods or us edit the calender? I can see forum members birthdays so I'm assume it's possible.

That's actually something I was going to do this morning. But I realized that for each calendar entry one whole new thread is being created.. I tested todays Italian live date; can you click on the link and tell me whether it leads you to a topic?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Heya folks,

forum is here! Noticed it's up day before yesterday, but I'm soooo super busy that this is the most time I have to write anything!
looking forward to reading your posts and finding out some good new music in now playing  ;D
stay beautiful!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 01, 2015, 19:27

Glad this is now working :-)

Wow this forum looks great. So glad that this has happened. T&E would probably be touched to know that their dedicated fanbase cared about this community enough to find a new home and pick up right where we left off.
I hardly posted on the original forum but I've been a frequent lurker since the WATN days. I'm pumped for the new album and pumped that we all have a place to talk about it  :)

Welcome!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hello Brothers and Sisters! Glad to see the forum being alive again!

I just wanted to throw up another post about how much I appreciate the new forum.

Thank you to the hard working people who made this possible.

Much love.

Nooge.

Ah Man!!!! My post count was reset!

That's it!  I'm going to Clown College!

Or in other words... Hi! again.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I think the mods might carry our old posts to over here!  Maybe soon!

Welcome back Ryno.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Hey Ryno!

We're all n00bs again  8)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hey all new forum looks great!  :)

(WARNING, N-word inbound for those who get offended)

Things are gonna change 'round here...