As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Belsonic June 10th 2016 (Belfast, Northern Ireland)

Started by Ben_j, Mar 14, 2016, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
What a splendid show! My Facebook feed is exploding with Ben's and Chem'd Up's pictures! So happy for all who got to go! 👊🏻👊🏻 ❤️
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Well I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves.
Spoiler
I'm so fucking excited for Got Glint? being back, but just reading the setlist, I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of changes and removal of Believe. I tried not having my hopes too high, but when we obsess over stuff like this, I suppose it's inevitable.

Did the new set seem cohesive, or is does it seem like parts are removable?

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 11, 2016, 02:02

Did the new set seem cohesive, or is does it seem like parts are removable?

Setlist still dope. I'd say that its still removable. Feels so weird that Believe is not on the list. But change was inevitable Bosco, and we been saying it for awhile that on future tours that one of the tracks from the setlist was gonna get the axe soon. I cant imagine seeing Believe shelved.  :'(

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 10, 2016, 23:49

Holy shit this was good !

STTS !C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L segue ! (just the vocals) Direct Buki segue !

Ok i like this! Hopefully more tweaks here and there.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

The slight new additions to existing songs seem interesting and this new mix of Got Glint has me very curious and excited.

Opening with SIFSD is a good one. I wouldn't miss Do It Again or Saturate if they wanted to change more. Heck even another 2016 live remix of Setting Sun to keep the tradition would be nice too.

Nice to hear the synths and EFX are little bit crazier thanks to Ed being back too!
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I've got plenty of videos but I might not be able to upload them before Monday night. I'll try to put a couple of them on Facebook for anyone who's in my friend list there

No Snow/Surface  :'(

edit:
No Her Jazz  :'(
no idea, no idea

I'm getting excited again! Rrrr. Hope all you guys had a great night in Belfast!

Got Glint is super dope, I always loved its evil live twin. As for Escape, did they play the altered take of the second half of the 2015 tour? Or just the "regular" version?

What I dislike, though, is people fighting at concerts. It sucks the positive vibe out of a great atmosphere.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 11, 2016, 09:26

I'm getting excited again! Rrrr. Hope all you guys had a great night in Belfast!

Got Glint is super dope, I always loved its evil live twin. As for Escape, did they play the altered take of the second half of the 2015 tour? Or just the "regular" version?

What I dislike, though, is people fighting at concerts. It sucks the positive vibe out of a great atmosphere.
It started with the real intro of Escape Velocity but goes straight to the second part when the buildup ends, yeah

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 11, 2016, 08:23

No Snow/Surface  :'(

Just reading through without opening the spoilers or watching the vids but this post from Pumisher brings tears in my eyes

Here's  some  quite  good  photos  of  the  Chems  @  Belsonic  in  the  Belfast  Telegraph  , . . .
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/galleries/entertainment/chemical-brothers-play-night-two-of-belsonic-in-belfast-photos-34790562.html
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Under The Influence and beyond:

SIFSD:
Never for money, always for love.

Back at home now, what a night. Feel this was better than he Marley Park(Longitude Festival) gig last year. And miles better than the first gig I went to. Have some videos that I'll get around to uploading tomorrow night when I get back to my apartment as I dont have a landline here.

Was in a bit of a heap afterwards and quite ropey today but soooooooooo worth it

Is there any footage of the New Order track? I was interested in hearing that, but every video either cuts off right before or starts right after.

I'm trying to find some too! I've still only heard the one verse of lyrics in Star Guitar. Want to know if they played the Temptation riff too.

Here's two more videos. Do It Again + bit of Direct Buki. They're playing the full version of DIA again, not the 1 minute Go intro version they were doing last tour.

And here's SIFSD + Chemical Beats. Great intro.

Quote from: RuneSnake on Jun 10, 2016, 23:36

Who, the ending of the show sounds amazing.
I think it was a little cooler last year with Music: Response, but that's just because I love Music: Response. Very nice to see Song to the Siren back in the set. and C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. referenced! Hope they actually play it live one of these days!
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016, 00:20 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

And here's SIFSD + Chemical Beats. Great intro.

I think it was a little cooler last year with Music: Response, but that's just because I love Music: Response. Very nice to see Song to the Siren back in the set. and C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. referenced! Hope they actually play it live one of these days!
Yep full Temptation intro with vocals ("up down turn around...")

EML Ritual with some slight effects on the vocals and synth. Stupid people around the videographer, though.

Some Got Glint

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 12, 2016, 00:16

As for me, they easily could drop DIA and replace it with something else, something unusual. But yeah, they have the awesome visuals for it so it probably won't leave the set for a long time. I also think the C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L intro would perfectly fit in the beginning of their live set to get the crowd instantaneously going, especially at festivals.
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2016, 10:11 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 12, 2016, 01:49

Yep full Temptation intro with vocals ("up down turn around...")

Actually, my bad, there's just the "Oohoohoo ooh ooh" and "blue eyes" vocals

Aah, been meaning to register on this forum for far too long now. Always popped in as a guest. Hopefully some temptation videos surface soon... good to see the brothers back.