Who's Hungry?

Belsonic June 10th 2016 (Belfast, Northern Ireland)

Started by Ben_j, Mar 14, 2016, 17:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Really really enjoying the new Got Glint. Love they way it's brought in unrecognizable until BLACK SKINS slides its way in. Disco ball is fantastic for it too. It's really cool to hear them revisiting older tracks like this - I hope they do more! I'm really not sure about it following I'll See You There... God, ISYT live is literally the most mindblowing experience ever, only Believe could really follow it. On a more positive note, the segues into and out of GG sound really detatchable - I fully expect Wide Open, Surface To Air, or some other song to take Got Glint's place in the future, with more changes along the way!

Temptation... I'm happy they tried it and it does sound nice, but the riff alone is a much better tribute. It really does sound fine until the autotune part... ouch. Goes from a nice cameo tribute to gaudy appropriation in a second :( . This isn't me respecting Star Guitar too much, this is respect for the New Order tune. It's easily one of the top five most meaningful songs in the world to me.

Happy about the new HBHG intro, starting with the hey riff instead of full on Pee Wee.

And very happy with EML's new edit actually! Powerful. No pussyfooting around, straight into the face punching.

Ben_j what happened to the Don't Think ladder? Definitely want to hear that...
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016, 04:27 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 15, 2016, 13:46

Temptation/Star Guitar, with the New Order vocals. So beautiful <3

Crap! This really works! SG gets VIP upgrade! Love the 'Cortana' visuals. And that NO vocals is mental with that buildup!  :o :o :o

The new live edit of EML Ritual. Gets into action much faster than the 2015 tour, but I don't know... I think I like the 2015 version better

Agreed! EML cant be touched or harmed. Toms edit on the tour setlist affects this. I'd revert back to 2015 version.

The Tuba/EBW7 segue

Interesting/strange visual, but new! Im starting to think that SS vocals should be cut out. Just classic straight up EBW7!

Don't Think ladder bit into It Doesn't Matter segue with the robot visuals, into the "Problem/Question" segue :o

Adam...what are you up to? Mixed bag visuals or does he have it set to 'randomizer'?.  ;D Is T and E doing a mess around during this segue? thumbs up.

Ending of Galvanize, into Song To The Siren, then the C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. vocal into Leave Home, back to STTS and finally Block Rockin Beats ! Fantastic part :D I wish they'd keep Music:Response and play more of C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L. not just the vocal

More of CHEMICAL please. I wanna chant those letters. I love STTS but now im torn with that and Music Response. Decisions,decisions,decisions !

Nice uploads Ben! I think this show might be slightly better than the one I was at recently. i look forward to more of Adams tinkering with the visuals.
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2016, 04:08 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Got shivers from the Temptation / Star Guitar footage.

Nice fucking work, brothers.

Hmm, well, I'm with Bosco regarding Temptation/Star Guitar. This new version doesn't really do for me, tbh. It even gets kind of cheesy when the last part of the lyrics come in and it gets a sort of "EDM" feel to it. Star Guitar, and especially the 2002 Temptation intro version, also benefited from its fantastic energy. This take kind of lacks that energy in my insignificant opinion. I always loved how the early Temptation intro was worked into the set and SG by just teasing a couple of bars of it right before the entire cover gets played. While I like the "oooh" part, the scream part of the "green eyes" etc. doesn't really seem to fit in and correspond with the style of SG. The "synthesized" and rather abstract chems cover version was sublime, simple and effective. I also missed the ascending synthesizer pitch they used to use as the transition.
Having said that, I dearly appreciate and have always appreciated their efforts in spicing things up while on tour. That's an integral part of who they are as a live act. And that's why my love for this band has grown over the years and with each gig I had the pleasure to witness personally or behind monitors.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Bingo! Attaboy Csar, perfectly said.

Now to reflective more positively on the set...

I'm gonna repeat this from last year. Just how rave-o-licious is Out of Control and Setting Sun? My God that is so fucking perfect. I can only hope that some of their newer bangers can mutate into super monsters like this.

Personally I'm loving the return of some of the old "vegetable vision" visuals from the 90's! brings me back to my first couple of shows. the black and white stuff that used to be projected is so pure and still looks amazing, as great as an LED screen with lights and lasers behind it and 20 foot robots, the old visuals still look great and fit in perfectly with the old songs.
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Was well and truly a great gig, one of the best out all I've seen + been to. I missed the last 15-20minutes cause I fell and broke my ankle, ended up needing surgery for it and everything  :o
However, I'm still flying to Lisbon tomorrow to see them again at NOS Alive in a wheelchair.  8)

Hardcore Foxboy!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 06, 2016, 03:31

Hardcore Foxboy!

I done it doing something extremely dumb and stupid and really regret it haha, but the concert was excellent.

I spent a fortune on this trip to Lisbon as well with obviously the Chemcials headlining being a huge decision factor, but the rest of the line up is unbelievable as well. For a 3 day festival costing 100£ and a line up like this, it's the European festival lineup of the summer IMO. Really looking forward to Rob Plant and the Pixies too. I have a booked slot on the disabled platform at mainstage as well HAHA!

Quote from: Foxboy on Jul 06, 2016, 03:35

I have a booked slot on the disabled platform at mainstage as well HAHA!
You'd almost think you did it on purpose :D. Have a safe 'n fun trip - and (don't) break a leg there!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)