Feels Like I'm Dreaming

My Inspiration, whats yours?

Started by RybbeN, Mar 18, 2016, 12:50

Previous topic - Next topic
My first experience of the electronic music genre was at the age of five, finding my dads
tape-collection "Synthesizers Greatest Vol.1-4" and I was blown!
Tape after tape went on repeat as I played along on my first "synth" 
Jarre, Vangelis, Oldfield were my favorites!
Almost Everyone who plays piano remembers
their first totally useless "home synthesizer" with the standards:
Piano-e.Piano/rhodes-Clavi-Funk-(...supposed to be)Brass etc.
And ofcourse the ->Beat Machine!! "RythmBank"  ;) ;)

Along came new inspirations, Welle Erdball, Scooter, mostly German techno, or Cmdr64´s chiptunes.
I copycated the pioneers, creators, inventors of the electronica, in search of "my sound" and the radiohits didn´t feel like the real deal...

Until a summer afternoon 2007 when the radio played the usual topcharts i never cared for, "Do it again"  comes up as the new "challenger of the chart"
3 seconds after the beat started I was hypnotised...

My productions felt so empty until you showed me the true strength of minimalistic simplicity
THANKS!!

What is your biggest inspirations?     

Love // RybbeN

I was a young teenager in 1986 and went to an under-18 club with some friends. I wasn't really into dance music, although I did like some mainstream electronic and new-wave tracks. The DJ mixed Information Society's 'Running' with the Cover Girls' 'Show Me'. I had never heard two songs blended in that way and it blew me away. That goofy moment started me on my path to learning DJ skills and seeking more electronic and dance music in the form of 12" vinyl.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?