Exit Planet Dust

Flashback live version

Started by mattlethew, Mar 28, 2016, 09:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Chemical fans, I was listening to some older chemical tracks and I noticed that the Flashback track on the Hey Boy Hey Girl EP is very different than from the live version (Surrender era). Do you know if the track with the vocals "be myyyysellllf" has been released? ( https://youtu.be/PfvT5MtJOhE?t=1h13m24s )

Those vocals were added live only, it would have been totally awesome to get that version of flashback, pure raw sound. 

Oh yeah - that's actually the words "8 Miiiiles Hiiigh", from The Byrds:
Never for money, always for love.

The Byrds were invited to play the original Woodstock...but then they didn't. I remember it wel...Oh ok, no I don't; I'm not that  old.
Perhaps this was T&E's way of getting the Byrds to Woodstock.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I was fortunate to hear Flashback live and would be tickled pink if Tom and Ed could weave its magic back into their set again somehow!

I don't recall the Byrds sample - then again, 1999 was so long ago I probably just can't remember anymore.

Thanks for posting this, by the way. I heart the 90's. <3
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Stripped down B-side tour. Bring it!

Oh my lord, I'd LOVE a club tour where they played ONLY B-sides and rarities. Sort of a "for the fans" kind of thing. Low budget, just hit clubs; advertise it as such too, so the masses don't try and get tickets and then get disappointed they didn't hear Galvanize for the billionth time. haha
--
@KngtRdr @SevenEyeCo @9GRecords

Sorry to open this thread back up, but I absolutely NEED to hear flashback live, but the link earlier in the thread isn't working  :(

Does anyone have another recording maybe?  I really doubted for the longest time that they would play it live, just because it's a b-side, even though it's amazing.  But if they actually did, that's insane. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

There you go
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 13, 2022, 22:07

There you go

This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much, I was not disappointed at all.  I have no hopes for this, but just IMAGINE a new segment in the set with Flashback and maybe some of the secret psychedelic mix elements with it.  If I could pick one song to add or bring back to the set, it would probably be Flashback. 

Quote from: Csar on Apr 13, 2022, 22:07

There you go

Thanks, I needed that today!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: ; on Apr 13, 2022, 21:42

Sorry to open this thread back up, but I absolutely NEED to hear flashback live, but the link earlier in the thread isn't working  :(

Does anyone have another recording maybe?  I really doubted for the longest time that they would play it live, just because it's a b-side, even though it's amazing.  But if they actually did, that's insane.
Sorry to plug, but You can always check out my videos on the Chembros Archive, as I posted alot of rarities and full concert audios on there, I haven't posted in a while since I got my 1st strike but I got alot of mixes pre-Don't Think Era.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpc4OjXc_GPpVMuv3u2Qtuw
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Apr 15, 2022, 23:01
Sorry to plug, but You can always check out my videos on the Chembros Archive
That channel is yours?!  I've been slowly checking out stuff there for a while!  It sucks it has to be pitch shifted and stuff for copyright reasons but either way thank you for putting it there at all, your work is appreciated! 

Quote from: ; on Apr 15, 2022, 23:18

That channel is yours?!  I've been slowly checking out stuff there for a while!  It sucks it has to be pitch shifted and stuff for copyright reasons but either way thank you for putting it there at all, your work is appreciated!
Thank you, I plan on starting up again soon, reuploading a few that were taken down
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."