I See the Sun Now

Glastonbury 2016

Started by Enjoyed, Mar 29, 2016, 14:37

Previous topic - Next topic
The mud is really not that bad. It adds a little to the travel time between stages, and arguably you can't dance quite as well, but it's completely manageable. When it rains and rains it's wet and you can walk through quite easily and when it's not, it dries up pretty quickly with millions of people stamping it down throughout the day.

It really is an impressive event. The first time I walked up to the stone circle and the Glastonbury sign and looked down over the entire site... It was like seeing Budapest or Barcelona or another great city from the top of a castle a long way away and being able to fully admire its sheer size. The line up is always impressive. Though, I realised after the first year I went that the only way to truly enjoy the line up, is to pick a small number of acts you REALLY want to see, and just be happy to catch anyone else. Which I don't feel is as much of a problem at other festivals, as they tend to be less far spreading and more focused around one genre or fanbase (Pitchfork readers, for example). But that also does mean you can experience performances from the likes of Adele and Squeeze and then a few hours later be raving in front of a mechanical spider to the deepest house you've ever sunk your ears into.

I think I'm just getting too old to be around so many people for such a long time. I'd love to try Coachella but the amount of people, plus the heat, and the issue of having to leave each night... I'm already exhausted.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 28, 2016, 23:05

I think I'm just getting too old to be around so many people for such a long time.

Nonsense. Next weekend you'll be longing for Glastonbury 2017. I know too well how this goes.