It's the Lifestyle We're Living

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
An event of great magnitude!

Edit:
Here you can listen to short teasers of the new album to get the overall spirit. Unfortunately, it might be restriced in some regions.

Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 08:17 by Csar
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I am very excite.

Like, two and a half weeks?  ;D ;D ;D

I hope this comes to my door in time, post it at strike these days
no idea, no idea

I know it's a bit late now but on Friday the Chems Twitter account ran a little competition to win a signed copy of the triple vinyl.
All you had to do - last Friday - was Shazam 'Go' and then tweet your screen-capture of that shazam with a #ChemsGoR1 hashtag.
I missed it myself but I searched the hashtag and only about 4 or 5 people did it. So it would have been a really good chance to win. I suppose it might be worth keeping an eye out for another such competition on the Chems twitter.
Last Edit: Jul 01, 2015, 19:15 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015, 18:03 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

^ You might want to change your countdown clock. They've moved the date to the 24th of July.
I saw it on Recordstore.co.uk and thought it was a mistake. Then I checked the Chems offical shop and found the same date. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

:o

I'm supposed to be flying to Russia on the 23rd. This is the worst.
I may have to postpone.

Well.. as per comments on Chems Facebook, it seems BITE is released in UK/Ireland on the 24th but the rest of the word gets it on the 17th! Weird considering UK is the Chems home territory. Go figure!
https://www.facebook.com/ChemicalBros/photos/a.408931697240.173209.19311247240/10153437059227241/?type=1&theater
IT'S MORNING TIME!

And the UK normally gets albums a day or two before.

Obviously no longer the case with the (stupid) new global Friday release days.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 02, 2015, 18:03

:o

I'm supposed to be flying to Russia on the 23rd. This is the worst.
I may have to postpone.
Wow! What city? If Moscow, i think we can meet and listen it together, lol.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 03, 2015, 08:41

Wow! What city? If Moscow, i think we can meet and listen it together, lol.

The plan was to fly into St. Petersburg but it's a lot cheaper to fly to Moscow and then get a train. So maybe! I'll keep you posted.

I guess there aren't that many Chembase forum members based in the UK and Ireland. Otherwise there would surely be more disappointed comments.
I may have to make up for this by complaining bitterly until more than one other person here agrees with me...
It's not fair!!  :( :'(
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 03, 2015, 13:16

I guess there aren't that many Chembase forum members based in the UK and Ireland. Otherwise there would surely be more disappointed comments.
I may have to make up for this by complaining bitterly until more than one other person here agrees with me...
It's not fair!!  :( :'(

I'm annoyed enough for the whole of the UK.
It was going to be released on my last day of work. I was going to go home, pop the CD in my player, turn of all communication, set up some pillows and listen twice through like I have done with every album since Come With Us.
Now it's looking like I will have to wait until August 10th! Damn you Virgin!

I'm totally showing my age but Idon't get these new industry standards. Why have a global release and leave out the UK and Ireland?

I remember a similar situation with Further, which was available on iTunes on my side of the pond first. I couldn't complain, but it did seem odd (if not unfair) to everyone else!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Well that was the whole point with moving everything to Friday. So that there would be international release dates. But having introduced it just this week, we are already going to have discrepancies.
I mean obviously the Friday thing is just the day and doesn't imply that all releases globally will be on the same week. But because it's now Friday only, countries that do have different release schedules will be a whole week behind, rather than the odd day or two that they were before.

GRRRRR.

"A sense of occasion around the release of new music" they say...

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/the-chemical-brothers/products/uicw-10004/

Google translate says 'direct weapon'. Maybe its referring to EBW 11! Thoughts?
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2015, 05:18 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

We discussed it on the old forum; I think it's amongst  the posts that we lost. I have to admit we didn't try to translate the word Buki into a proper English word though. If it is EBW11, that would save me some money, as the Japanese version won't be so imperative to buy now.  But I'm not entirely convinced yet. Why not call it Electronic Battle Weapon 11 if that's what it is?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Also, why does it have two translations? The slash on all the other tracks has the katakana afterwards but Direct Buki has a kanji translation after the slash and then the katakana in brackets... IS WEIRD!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 07, 2015, 05:12

http://www.universal-music.co.jp/the-chemical-brothers/products/uicw-10004/

Google translate says 'direct weapon'. Maybe its referring to EBW 11! Thoughts?
If I remember correctly Direct Buki was gonna be a bonus track only for Japan
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...