What's this do? Did I Pass the Acid Test?

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
There are some truly beautiful tracks on this album.

I'm really glad Ed and Tom keep on making music after such an amazing career, it was worth the wait!

Can't wait to get my hands on the physical deluxe edition tomorrow.


Quote from: androidgeoff on Jul 16, 2015, 06:02

yeah they sampled the shaker from that song and an LL Cool J grunt/gasp, but due to copyright, had to include the co-writers
You know they sampled a shaker? Would you normally have to give credit for a shaker? I'm thinking of all the James Brown 'Funky Drummer' samples or 'Amen Breaks' where the original artists didn't get a penny for being sampled. Geoff have you heard Direct Buki? Spill!

The fact that it gives LL Cool J a credit gives me hope that Direct Buki is actually the "Freak Freak Y'all, Feel The Beat y Y'all" track that I was going on about on the old forum back in April (and Thiagobyo then picked up on over on Facebook). It sampled and re arranged the vocal from this:


But Geoff if you know more, then please tell!
Is it possible to access Japanese itunes with a proxy so we can listen to the preview clip? I guess you would have to register your address/ credit card which could be tricky...
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 12:50

You know they sampled a shaker? Would you normally have to give credit for a shaker? I'm thinking of all the James Brown 'Funky Drummer' samples or 'Amen Breaks' where the original artists didn't get a penny for being sampled. Geoff have you heard Direct Buki? Spill!

The fact that it gives LL Cool J a credit gives me hope that Direct Buki is actually the "Freak Freak Y'all, Feel The Beat y Y'all" track that I was going on about on the old forum back in April (and Thiagobyo then picked up on over on Facebook). It sampled and re arranged the vocal from this:

But Geoff if you know more, then please tell!
Is it possible to access Japanese itunes with a proxy so we can listen to the preview clip? I guess you would have to register your address/ credit card which could be tricky...


Well it's a pretty big confirmation that Direct Buki is "Freak Freak Y'all" ! Are there still any youtube vids of that tune ?

No that video I believe, was taken down. That Feel The Beat track was also produced by Timbaland...
Ben, good of you to acknowledge this, as I think you now owe me a Euro as per our Facebook chat!  ;)
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 13:15 by Ben_j
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 13:07

No that video I believe, was taken down. That Feel The Beat track was also produced by Timbaland...
Ben, good of you to acknowledge this, as I think you now owe me a Euro as per our Facebook chat!  ;)

Wait til we get Direct Buki :P I could still win...  ;D

PS : Oops... I keep hitting "modify" insteaf of quote. The perks of moderating.

In my mail today :)

"Delivery 1 of 1 has been dispatched"

1 x Triple Vinyl LP inc Screen Print
1 x Double Vinyl LP

Yeah!!

Tomorrow is gonna be the day that my lovely neighbors will report a lot of noise pollution. I'm gonna crank the shit out of my speakers, BITE... Come to me.  :music

Quote from: toxic on Jul 16, 2015, 14:09

In my mail today :)

"Delivery 1 of 1 has been dispatched"

1 x Triple Vinyl LP inc Screen Print
1 x Double Vinyl LP

Yeah!!

:'(

Should have left the UK years ago. Godammit.

EDIT: I F**CKING LOVE THE UK!

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 15:06 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Oh I was joking about the sampling

or was I

only time will tell
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jul 16, 2015, 15:14

Oh I was joking about the sampling

or was I

only time will tell
Ha yes, and not very much time. Just a few hours I suspect (hope).

EDIT: Do we realy not have ONE SINGLE Japanese forum member or lurker? If we have a lurker, now is the time to say hello!
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 15:18

Ha yes, and not very much time. Just a few hours I suspect (hope).

EDIT: Do we realy not have ONE SINGLE Japanese forum member or lurker? If we have a lurker, now is the time to say hello!


No need, you can change the country on your iTunes store. There's a preview of Direct Buki. And I lost my bet.

THESE CHEMICALS ARE BAD



edit: and why am i seal?

no idea, no idea

My opinion on the deluxe edition tracks :
Let us build a city is pretty forgettable
Wo Ha is really nice
Reflexion (Extended mix) is a disapointement, it's just longer, it doesn't add anything to the original besides longer intro and outro
Go (Extended mix) is always as good as the first three thousand times I played it over the last two months.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 16, 2015, 16:55

Go (Extended mix) is always as good as the first three thousand times I played it over the last two months.

Edit: I Just figured it out my question
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2015, 19:24 by Nekcore

Quote from: Csar on Jul 16, 2015, 09:03

Haha, yeah! Reading through reviews and song descriptions is fun, though! It's going to be exciting how I will perceive them and whether I get the same associations.
I saw on "MädchenMarkt" that they will sell the deluxe edition too. So hopefully they'll have them in stock as of tomorrow.
Of course, but I read them after I've listened to the songs ;-)

recieved THE mail too.

Quote

Delivery 1 of 1 has been dispatched

Order No. C1458337 — Wednesday, May 27, 2015 5:29:55 PM

Shipped Item(s)


1 x Triple Vinyl LP inc Screen Print


1 x Deluxe CD

But 4 to 7 days delivery. Pffff

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 15, 2015, 21:56

I didn't connect with Come With Us at all at first. My initial impressions were less than desirable. I know it's some peoples' favorite album so I get the whole not wanting to upset anyone. It is what it is. Time passing and hearing the music in the live context, discussing here what people liked about some of the songs I was struggling with - those things brought me out of that funk or helped changed my perspective,  Sometimes albums are a grower. Other times not so much. And of course mood has a lot to do with first impressions! I hope your day gets better :)
Today has been much better thanks.  Opinion has changed considerably since three listens in the vehicle today. Feeling it now.  I wont say too much yet but am thinking of doing a bit of a proper review at some point soon, let everyone listen to it first.  Oooh, i can do a new mix, just realised.  I might just do a re-edit of my Chemicalism one as some of the bits on there I dont think i can improve on.  But we'll see.

Quote from: Nekcore on Jul 16, 2015, 17:09

Does this version is the Edge of Control Dub, or it is just like the original just longer? It's kinda confusing to me
No it's a longer version of Go, where the last part is completely nuts !

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 16, 2015, 16:54

THESE CHEMICALS ARE BAD



edit: and why am i seal?

You've been promoted in order to like the album as integral part of your new service grade. It's now obligatory for you to like it, Seal!

No, just kidding. So, is it that bad in your opinion and why? I'm getting real nervous about tomorrow. :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Nekcore on Jul 16, 2015, 14:42

Tomorrow is gonna be the day that my lovely neighbors will report a lot of noise pollution. I'm gonna crank the shit out of my speakers, BITE... Come to me.  :music
Yeah I did that last night. Just blasted it out of my stereo from start to finish. Let the whole album explode over me. What a joy!
Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 16, 2015, 16:55

My opinion on the deluxe edition tracks :
Let us build a city is pretty forgettable
Wo Ha is really nice
These two tracks both sound like they might have been written for a big Hollywood film soundtrack which the Chems couldn't complete because of "scheduling conflicts". Just sayin...
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.