Don't Think Just Let It Flow

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Direct Buki - 06:56 - This chemical's good... This chemical's bad!!!
Got it! I'm really happynwith these 16 tracks!
You are all my children now!

Does anyone have the LP already, either deluxe or regular? if yes, is the cover also made in that fabric sort of style?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This album is great,  the tracks are apparently less complex than in the past but, possibily due to this reason, more...emotional. It looks like this album came out less by mind and more by instinct.

You all described it very good, so since I can't add anything more I will say something different: wouldn't "Superflash" fit perfectly inside this album?

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 17, 2015, 23:16

Okay. I've avoid discussion up to this point. Here's the story of my journey through BITE so far.

Remembered that it's BITE day when I went to do Tuition payment for school (in other news...for later). Ran to the Mall where a HMV still exists (suprisingly). Deluxe edition, ney. Vinyl edition, not till end of month (Cause Canada). Regular edition, YAH! Get in car, pop in CD, listen, drive (too fast cause of 'Sometimes I Feel So Deserted'). Get home, plug into CD player, listen from where I left off at EML Ritual in car. Start folding laundry cause it's a big pile on bed from the morning. Finish, sit down at Radiate, start reading liner notes, Get really confused by 'I'll See You There' cause of word jumble. Finish Cd, hit replay, start google-ing. Find confusing national archives site with potential source of cover image, give up upon finding it's really confusing (project for someone?). Search Rowlands Audio Research, Find that Tom's middle name is Owen. Come here, start reading this thread. Start looking up Bill Bissett cause of sample listing in 'I'll See You There', find video below, realize that T&E continue to use weird Canadian psychedellic '60s works (Bill Bissett, Mort Garson). That's my journey to this point.

Confusing National Archives site
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/registered-designs-1839-1991/

Bill Bissett video

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I love how much this album references past chemical tracks without directly sampling them like they've done before.
Reflexion is Burst Generator, Let Us Build a City resembles Orange Wedge, I'll See You There is essentially their 3rd "remix" of Tomorrow Never Knows, and there is another "pop hit" featuring Q-Tip. The only thing this album is missing is a Beth Orton collab.

When they received an e-mail from beckisagogo@mellowgold.com, they stopped after "be" and thought it was Beth
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Jul 24, 2015, 17:39

;D
I love synchronization and I love to see what type of things are used to approach that. That was really neatly done.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

INCHEM REVIEW! Laying the gauntlet down!

BITE to me is a great album, but I don't feel the 'chemical' attachment that's usually found on the other albums. The album almost isolates itself from the back discography, but with some studio aspirations that rivals PTB. The album feels very solid, but if you were to drop it, and it broke into pieces, you wouldn't care too much for it, because you would still love and appreciate what you heard and tape the album together again. In other words 'Echoes'  does feel comfortable next to the other albums if it wanted to, but doesn't hold a cherished love like Surrender, and that's because Tom and Ed put the album in a hole, left it there for months, lifted it out, and made a mischievous and maddening sounded album that created an unquestionable rift in the Chems audio timeline.  The album is frantic, momentous, and joyously abstract, and beautifully deserted!

Review...Scale of 1 to 10! With some sidenotes.

Sometimes I feel So Deserted - 8 (Good intro track to introduce the album)
Go  - 8  (catchy beat and my aforementioned love with Qtip)
Under Neon Lights - 6  (filler track that lacks mood)
EML Ritual - 8 
I'll See You There - 8  (Yeah baby YEAH)
Just Bang - 8   
Reflexion -8  (this grew the most on me)
Taste Of Honey - 5 ( you mean taste of Miguel? )
Born In The Echoes - 7 (Freeway chase! Ed takes wheel! Tom shoots!)
Radiate - 7 (forum hugs)
Wide Open -7

Bonus tracks not eligible, as they would not add or take away from the album positively or negatively.

Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 20:50 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Pretty stupid review if you ask me. UNL gets a 6? Lmao gtfo.

UNL stays at 6! It's not a bad tune! It just doesn't climatize with the rest of the tracks on the album imo.

It doesn't matter if the review is stupid chemeact! You read it though! I thought you known that by now after all these years.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Yeah it certainly sits in a weird place on the album but it is oh so necessary to have a track like this on the album! And  all the little things happening in the song makes it a good fit on the album.

I have been listening to BITE in Spotify from the release date and recieved the deluxe album and 3 LP last thursday which meant much better listens the the album. The volume of these productions is way better than the Spotify formats.

BITE is a logical follow up to Further. Very experimentel as Further but made in the same build up as the 6 albums before Further collaborations, dance trakcs in the front, laidback tracks in the end, freakyness in the middle).
It doens't sound like any Chemical Brothers album but it sounds very much like the Chemical Brothers. This how you stay fresh and innovative.

Depending on my mood 3quarters are favorite tracks with Relfexion, Radiate and Wide open being top notch. This is Chemical Brothers at their best. Beats, good song stucture and euphoria. Chemical Goodness
Just bang doesn't sound like an album track to me. It reminded my of Freak of the week, b-side style.
Taste of honey is the insect version of the Salmon dance. My least favorite at the moment but I can see this one grow on me. I like This is not a game better for now.
I understand why the bonus tracks are bonus tracks.  I can't see them fit the album really.  Skycraper has a good point saying these are discarded soundtracks.
I really like Let build us a city. Is has the same funkiness of the Duke and Giant. Really great.
Reflexion extended really should have been the album version. What's the point of cutting (just?) 50 seconds of this goodness? I can see Go (extended) not being the Go on the album cause of the drum ending. But Reflexion (extended) propably got cut for time issues, it kept going to long in comparisson with the rest of the album. Same faith happend before with Do it again (extended) and hey boy hey girl (extended), both of which I prefer over the album versions.

All in all I have been playing this album over and over again this weekend. I really like it a lot and I can see it becoming my top 3 favorite Chemical Brothers album with DYOH and CWU.

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 16, 2015, 23:11

One more note. I noticed the lack of overlapping songs on this album. I was surprised there wasn't  a single transition between songs like previous releases, but the flow between tracks was nice and this wasn't a detractor.  It was just different.

This was the first thing I heard as well. Hoping to hear an unmixed 3LP (like the 3LP promos) I was wondering how the transitions between the track would be. But no mixed tracks. That's a first for the brothers!!!

Quote from: Apostle on Jul 17, 2015, 20:26

Reflexion is basically Burst Generator. Other than that, the record is more "night " than we are the night tried to be. Great follow up to Further without sounding like it.
Quote from: Hutch108 on Jul 16, 2015, 06:13

Reflexion is Burst Generator's twin. seriously they are so similar. in sound, progression and structure, they are almost identical.

Really? I can't remember anyone ever saying that Burst Generator and Saturate are twins, which is true, both have exactly the same structure, but Reflexion gets a Burst Generation twin reference twice within a week of it's release? I would call it a younger or older sister.
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2015, 09:04 by Joslyn

I love to read your reviews, people! Keep them coming! I want to do one too, when I can find the proper words.
Quote from: Joslyn on Jul 26, 2015, 08:59

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 16, 2015, 23:11

One more note. I noticed the lack of overlapping songs on this album. I was surprised there wasn't  a single transition between songs like previous releases, but the flow between tracks was nice and this wasn't a detractor.  It was just different.
This was the first thing I heard as well. Hoping to hear an unmixed 3LP (like the 3LP promos) I was wondering how the transitions between the track would be. But no mixed tracks. That's a first for the brothers!!!
Yeah, that's what surprised me as well throughout my first listen to the album. That goes especially for the first 4 songs. And it's actually one of those nitpicks I have about this record. Some songs' endings are just a bit too long or have some seconds running mutely where they easily could have done a proper segue to the next one.
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2015, 09:22 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

here we go   :)

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

"Electronic dance veterans The Chemical Brothers could be landing their sixth Number 1 on this week's Official Albums Chart."
http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-chemical-brothers-heading-for-sixth-number-1-album-with-born-in-the-echoes__10160/
— Aurora (The Seed)

UNL is a great song, but its production is strange. There is too much emphasis on lower frequencies, which actually caused the song to sound very quiet in comparison to the surrounding songs. I always have to bump it up to match Go's perceived amplitude.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this is more appropriate to the main BITE thread or to interviews & articles. If Mods want to move it, that's fine by me.

Creative Review: Record Sleeves of the month

IT'S MORNING TIME!