As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Born In The Echoes (Release Date)

Started by whirlygirl, Jun 09, 2015, 14:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Listened Radiate and Wide Open... well.. it's really The Chemical Brothers?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 12, 2015, 12:48

Listened Radiate and Wide Open... well.. it's really The Chemical Brothers?

It's the good old Chemicals. But like Ed said, a little more emotional?

How are all of you listening to tracks out of context??? I can hardly bear the wait, but I certainly can't bear putting on tracks before I can put on the whole record!!
Eight or over.

It's easy, especially after visiting gig.

P.S. My favourites of the album is EML Ritual and Radiate, EML is my new HBHG and Radiate new SG or Swoon.
Last Edit: Jul 12, 2015, 20:59 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

I'm loving Radiate. Would have made a better album closer than Wide Open, I reckon.

Anyone got any guesses on the vocalist for Taste of Honey?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

The back of the CD

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I received my shipping conformation today.  I'm excited over an email.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Looks like someone put their fingerprints all over the second image above and wiped a bogie on it at the top right.

The merch looks better than the last time I looked, although the prices on the Chemstore are too high.

T-shirts on ebay in a variety of colours. £10 - that's more like it:  LINK

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Bought two shirts at the Rockwerchter festival, and i must admit, the quality of the shirts and print of the official merch is not so good... bummer... Maybe they have other shirts at the Lowlands festival... we'll see  :)
Last Edit: Jul 14, 2015, 06:16 by toxic

Quote from: toxic on Jul 14, 2015, 06:14

Bought two shirts at the Rockwerchter festival,

I didn't see any Chemical merchandise at Werchter. Sodl out when I reached the merch stand??

Quote from: Joslyn on Jul 14, 2015, 07:22

I didn't see any Chemical merchandise at Werchter. Sodl out when I reached the merch stand??
It's because somebody buyed two t-shirts instead if one, lol
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: toxic on Jul 14, 2015, 06:14

Bought two shirts at the Rockwerchter festival, and i must admit, the quality of the shirts and print of the official merch is not so good... bummer... Maybe they have other shirts at the Lowlands festival... we'll see  :)
Could you be bothered to take some pics please? Just to see how it looks in reality. They look indeed better than any other merch from the past eras. What I don't get, however, is, why didn't they include one of the BITE themed shirts in their special edition bundle instead of these rather basic logo shirts?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here are the pics. As i have experience with screen printing for my work, i see that ist's just a quick one layer of ink. A couple of few washes, and there will be cracks in the print. Also the tshirt itself is quite thin. Actually is miss the small logo on the arm of the shirt, as many of my other chem's shirts have that. Im still happy with them :). There were two t-shirt stands at Rockwerchter. One immediately on the left just after the entrance, and one further to the back. The one near the entrance had the chemical brothers shirts, to other stand didn't.

(sorry for the two upside down photo's ;))

Thanks, toxic! They look indeed a bit basic. A few washes and the ink cracks. They should use a flock print process instead to make the print last forever.

Btw, I haven't received a shipping mail for my order yet. Do I need to worry?
— Aurora (The Seed)

I also didn't receive any mail about my order. Don't know. Maybe they whill ship on release date?

Quote from: toxic on Jul 14, 2015, 19:16

Here are the pics. As i have experience with screen printing for my work, i see that ist's just a quick one layer of ink. A couple of few washes, and there will be cracks in the print. Also the tshirt itself is quite thin. Actually is miss the small logo on the arm of the shirt, as many of my other chem's shirts have that. Im still happy with them :). There were two t-shirt stands at Rockwerchter. One immediately on the left just after the entrance, and one further to the back. The one near the entrance had the chemical brothers shirts, to other stand didn't.

(sorry for the two upside down photo's ;))

I like how the sizes are in the same font!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

My top 11 of the tracks after 2 listens :

1. EML Ritual
2. I'll See You There
3. Go
4. Reflexion
5. Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
6. Just Bang
7. Born in the Echoes
8. Under Neon Lights
9. Wide Open
10. Radiate
11. Taste of Honey

Quote from: toxic on Jul 14, 2015, 20:24

I also didn't receive any mail about my order. Don't know. Maybe they whill ship on release date?

The last email I got form the Chemstore is that they will ship on release date.
It's been confirmed that all orders that are not for UK/Ireland customers will be sent on global release date of 17th July!

Don't Know how Ben_J got his copy...

Liking the album - nothing at all like I expected.

Only real downside is Taste of Honey - I think it's one of the worst things the Bros have ever done  ???