How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

Chems DJ Mixes

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Apr 27, 2016, 00:08

Previous topic - Next topic
I had the In Glint cd, think I bought it for a tenner and then stupidly brought it into college one day with a few other things. Some dick head walked into our classroom and robbed my bag  :( I even watched him walk out and didnt notice.

Its on discogs now for €200. When I win the lotto Ill buy myself a copy
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

SO.

I finally digitized that NYE 2001 set I kept going on about that they played live at The Heavenly Social.

Send me a message if you'd like a copy. It's a worn tape recording of a heavily compressed radio broadcast but it's nice to hear them doing the In Glint stuff raw and a little bit more sloppy.

Tracklist is as follows:

Intro noises
The Chemical Brothers - Come With Us
The Chemical Brothers - Song to Siren
The Chemical Brothers - Base 6
Hiroshi Fujiwara and KUDO - Return Of The Original Artform"
Impulsion - Higher
The Chemical Brothers - Hey Riff
Trisco - Muzak
Carlos "After Dark" Berrios – Doin' It After Dark (D-Ski's Dance)
Freestyle – Don't Stop the Rock
Metro L.A. – To a Nation Rockin'
The Chemical Brothers - Star Guitar

I brought my radio and cassette player with me to my parents' friends' house to record this on the night. I remember being sat upstairs on my own having the time of my life while a bunch of strangers were bringing in the new year downstairs. Good times.

EDIT: I forgot to mention... I also recorded the sets before the Chems from Plus One and FC Kahuna, if anyone wants them. Both are great and come highly recommended by me (though nostalgia does play a reasonably sizeable part in that opinion).
Last Edit: Oct 28, 2016, 00:02 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Just stumbled upon this little excerpt of the Asagiri DJ set from 2003 while I was searching for C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L videos.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

was there a remix that had daft punk da funk as when i listened to a chemical christmas they played a bit of audio mix which had samples from daft punk da funk. which mix is that.
tom, ed can i meet you? please?

Quote from: gavin35 on May 13, 2016, 21:47

I had the In Glint cd, think I bought it for a tenner and then stupidly brought it into college one day with a few other things. Some dick head walked into our classroom and robbed my bag  :( I even watched him walk out and didnt notice.

Its on discogs now for  When I win the lotto Ill buy myself a copy

POOR MAN I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU why didn't you give chase or something like that
tom, ed can i meet you? please?

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 30, 2016, 03:44

The Franco Battiato track always reminds me of the czesław niemen track pielgrzym that was used as a sample for The Test. Felt like a sibling track to Sequenze e Frequenze.

today marks the 12 anniversary of the death

Regards

http://www.rmf24.pl/kultura/news-dziwny-jest-ten-swiat-dzis-rocznica-smierci-czeslawa-niemena,nId,1955553
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 27, 2016, 03:48

the 1994 NME Christmas cassette mix
Sweet member berries, this was among the first pieces of music which got me into the Chemical Brothers! I think it was in 2008 or 2009, there was this feature called Mixroulette or something similar, where this mix was played. Just listened to it after all those years, and it's still amazing  :music

Coachella 2009 is well worth tracking down
I wasn't able to track this down. Anybody able to help me out here?
Last Edit: Dec 09, 2016, 11:26 by Csar

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 07, 2016, 21:51

I wasn't able to track this down. Anybody able to help me out here?
Check your pms!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I was listening to a Chems DJ set recently from 28/04/12, Fabrik Madrid.
I think someone on the forum sent it to me ages ago when I started this thread, but I didn't listen to it at the time because I wasn't really interested in "mobile phone" quality recordings.

Anyway I have finally got round to listening to it recently. It's 1:23:32 long, and there's a track at 42-51 mins (between Superflash and Fine Time) which I can't ID. Anyone know what the track is? It almost sounds like an electronic take on Ravel's Bolero.

I have no idea whether or not it's Chemical, but either way it put the idea in my head that perhaps there should be a thread for unreleased Chemicals. Not just new stuff that's in the "New Tracks recap" thread. But a list of everything that never got released, with Youtube clips where available. I probably don't know much about unreleased stuff prior to the BITE period, so I'm not the person best suited to start the thread!

Meanwhile here's a Fabrik, Madrid clip that doesn't have the track I'm trying to ID. I can't find any YT clips that do have that track...

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 04, 2018, 16:06

I was listening to a Chems DJ set recently from 28/04/12, Fabrik Madrid.
I think someone on the forum sent it to me ages ago when I started this thread, but I didn't listen to it at the time because I wasn't really interested in "mobile phone" quality recordings.

Anyway I have finally got round to listening to it recently. It's 1:23:32 long, and there's a track at 42-51 mins (between Superflash and Fine Time) which I can't ID. Anyone know what the track is? It almost sounds like an electronic take on Ravel's Bolero.

I have no idea whether or not it's Chemical, but either way it put the idea in my head that perhaps there should be a thread for unreleased Chemicals. Not just new stuff that's in the "New Tracks recap" thread. But a list of everything that never got released, with Youtube clips where available. I probably don't know much about unreleased stuff prior to the BITE period, so I'm not the person best suited to start the thread!
This ?

^ Yep that's it. Thank you!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Doesn't anyone remember or have a DJ set recording from 02 or 03 that starts off with Buzz Tracks -> Missy Elliott's Pass That Dutch -> Hot Acid Rhythm 1? Before you ask if that was a real set, I used to have it as a recording (though bad quality), most of it is their usual set around that time, but they start was obviously different (and sounded awesome).

Quote from: Biff on Feb 15, 2018, 14:22

Doesn't anyone remember or have a DJ set recording from 02 or 03 that starts off with Buzz Tracks -> Missy Elliott's Pass That Dutch -> Hot Acid Rhythm 1? Before you ask if that was a real set, I used to have it as a recording (though bad quality), most of it is their usual set around that time, but they start was obviously different (and sounded awesome).
Sounds really cool. I've never heard this or heard of this.
Never for money, always for love.

I hope you have at least heard the Anti-Nazi mix and In Glint mixes even if you don't own them! Anti-Nazi is far and beyond better than Brothers Gonna Work It Out (despite similarities),
This is good (on 6 Music as I type). Somehow I still don't have this one as an MP3...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: goldmaster on Oct 27, 2016, 22:36

POOR MAN I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU why didn't you give chase or something like that
Just seeing this post, 4 years later  :o
To answer your question I didnt know that guy had my bag, it was only at the end of the class that I went looking for my bag and couldnt find it
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022