Jerk Chicken

Touring in the US is “not really viable at the moment”

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Sep 17, 2023, 00:53

Previous topic - Next topic
The United States' Department Of Justice is coming down on Live Nation/Ticketmaster

It will be interesting to see what comes of this, but I'm not confident restructuring and forcing competition will aid The Chemical Brothers. I'm afraid the might have hit a brick wall of irrelevancy, both from natural and unnatural fate...

Say hello and goodbye to a very ambitious Black Keys tour.

The new question becomes what is the future of this Music: Response audio/visual exhibit. Does this have potential for substituting the future of "live" shows? In theory, it economically seems more feasible...

Quote from: Bosco on May 27, 2024, 03:47
The United States' Department Of Justice is coming down on Live Nation/Ticketmaster

It will be interesting to see what comes of this, but I'm not confident restructuring and forcing competition will aid The Chemical Brothers. I'm afraid the might have hit a brick wall of irrelevancy, both from natural and unnatural fate...

Say hello and goodbye to a very ambitious Black Keys tour.

The new question becomes what is the future of this Music: Response audio/visual exhibit. Does this have potential for substituting the future of "live" shows? In theory, it economically seems more feasible...

The black keys shows sold very poorly here too

They were doing the co-op live arena (largest in the uk which had a delayed opening). its 24k capacity and they did a 'reduced test event' which was 8,000 people, without cancelling a single ticket!!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Yesterday at 08:55
The black keys shows sold very poorly here too

They were doing the co-op live arena (largest in the uk which had a delayed opening). its 24k capacity and they did a 'reduced test event' which was 8,000 people, without cancelling a single ticket!!

I don't recall how successful the 2023 fall arena tour was for The Chemical Brothers, but I'm curious how sustainable they think the current production size of their live show will last. Outside of a festival set, I'm not sure how much longer they think their main demographic (35-55) has the will or ability to do general admission (standing) type shows at arena sized venues anywhere.

My last show in 2022 was a mid-sized arena at $100+ a ticket, which I gladly payed. This was also my first time seeing them in an arena, and of the 7 times I've seen them over the course of 20 years, I think it's the best conditions for the production of their show. But that's easy for me to say as a desperate and devoted American fan who has only a handful of chances to see them.