Ohm Sweet Ohm

Live at Royal Albert Hall, London, 23. March 2024

Started by Stefan, Jan 08, 2024, 13:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Mar 24, 2024, 01:38
Perfectly fitting for my 10th gig.
What a perfect venue for the 10th + a unique poster to commemorate that is just splendid! Just feels like the Olympia show back in 2008.

Great to see you guys had a blast last night! I wonder what kind of sound comes out now of the organ pipes after this gig :)

Btw, was BoldCaptain spotted somewhere by any chance (asking for a friend?) :)

Oh, some busy bees have already uploaded some video, too:

Encore (a bit distorted unfortunately)

Goodbye/ Setting Sun/ CB
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 24, 2024, 11:01
What a perfect venue for the 10th + a unique poster to commemorate that is just splendid!
Haha yes, I got one as well, it's the perfect souvenir ;D

Quote from: Csar on Mar 24, 2024, 11:01
I wonder what kind of sound comes out now of the organ pipes after this gig :)
Confetti. What will come out of there is Confetti. The GTKO confetti got everywhere.
Btw, one flew into my mouth during the song and I can report that they do not taste great.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 24, 2024, 11:13
Confetti. What will come out of there is Confetti. The GTKO confetti got everywhere.
Btw, one flew into my mouth during the song and I can report that they do not taste great.
:))

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 24, 2024, 01:50
As promised, there will be photos...they just need to be developed as you will note in the photo.
Please log in to view this attachment.

Haha, I just realized you didn't say that just like that, you DID bring an actual film camera!! Is overnight developing still a thing? :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yessahh , brothers and sisters in tha house , that house being the Royal Albert Hall last night , what a fantastic show and unique venue , you can see once inside why bands and artists say it's a privilege and honour to perform there.
    Many thanks to rynostar for organising the rendezvous and for expert navigation from the pub to the venue. It was great to meet you all , and i'm glad i found you again after losing each other on entering the arena , how i did that i don't know (maybe too many vodka-redbulls ?, yep , that was probably it) , me and Stefan were reunited in the middle for the Reel towards the end. Those stained glass windows flashing by felt close enough to touch.
    Really glad i went to see that performance , especially as it's their last for a while , the sound was awesome and it was the first time i got the deep-bass feels from a Chems show.
    Here's lookin forward to more concerts from various artists , later this year and beyond.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Dad surprises daughter with a chems show :)

I love that we get to walk along with them to the gig and also get some pre-show impressions which makes it almost palpable how it must have felt like there experiencing it all.

That's what he writes in the info box
I've seen many many live bands, shows and events over the years.  I worked in the music industry, TV, media, events.  30 years.  Press passes and front of stage with Motörhead, Slayer, Nine Inch Nails (many shows), Sunn O))) at Festival Hall.  100's of raves and gigs, the Astoria, the Underworld.  Amazing gigs with bands like Electric Eel Shock (Japan) in Europe where the places truly kick off. Techno in Berlin.  Metal in Greece.  Underworld in New York after 9/11.  Underworld all-nighters back in the early Brixton Academy nights of 90's.  Raves, The Prodigy, Universe, Vision etc etc etc...Sterns nightclub, Heaven nightclub, Ibiza.  Sporting events.  The list goes on... and on and on... and I have to say...

The Chemical Brothers at The Royal Albert Hall for Teenage Cancer Trust in 2024 was an absolute 10 out of 10 event.  The sound was amazing.  The atmosphere and the crowd and the energy and the vibe.. amazing,,,, but the visuals.  No matter how many people you hear talk about it.  No matter how many YouTube videos or DVDs you watch.  You simply can never capture the true spectacle of seeing it with the human eye, feeling it with goose bumps all over you... a truly spiritual, mesmerising, mind bending night.  Without a single shadow of a doubt.. an absolute 10out of 10 show.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 24, 2024, 01:50
Okay. I've showered. Now for mini review.

Lovely to meet Stefan, Fine Time, and ILoveCats (and partner Roya (sp?)). Always a pleasure to hang with actionjackson and Metta. Always great to connect with fans across the globe and see how we were drawn to the community.

Show hit hard. Sound was amazing. Seeing people dance to the rafters was awe inspiring. Feeling the floor shake was insane. As promised, there will be photos...they just need to be developed as you will note in the photo. Some lucky forum member will be getting #168. Also note the FTBF cassette with everyone's signature (apologies for some of the pen wiping off in my pocket...)

Longer review in a few days.
Thanks again for organizing, and nice meeting everyone  (you did spell Roya's name correctly). Such a wonderful experience for our first show, big shout out to everyone involved in the production! 

To add to the suspense of what the film photos from the floor (and the eventual review) will look like...I provide these  attached photos from my phone
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Csar on Mar 24, 2024, 21:39
Dad surprises daughter with a chems show :)

I love that we get to walk along with them to the gig and also get some pre-show impressions which makes it almost palpable how it must have felt like there experiencing it all.

That's what he writes in the info box
Very similar experience to me - could replace them with my daughter and I, although rather than listening to them for 3 months in the car she's been subjected to it her whole life!  After trying for many years I finally got her along to the 2023 show in Glasgow - didn't know what to expect, but "much better than I thought they'd be..."  (She's not one for overly excited verdicts so this was a big thing!). When tickets for RAH came out it was that once in a lifetime, too good to miss events, so it wasn't too much of a challenge this time!  (It did cost me - wife and son decided they should also come to London for the weekend, although they went to see Frozen on stage - no comment...)

RAH experience was superb - the atmosphere on the floor was incredible. We were standing at the desk, great spot. My daughter did find the sight of many middle aged men reliving their younger years with some "interesting" moves very amusing!  One in particular - top off, really into it - you'll get the idea from the photo.

Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you all - best laid plans and all that, but hopefully another time. Just glad that I managed to see this one, looks like it might be the last show for a while so will keep the memories until then.

Now to get the print to the picture framer...