Push the Button

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
No footage here but an audio recording of what I believe to be the earliest 2005 recording, March 2nd at Zenith...might be the first of the tour

Includes a rather primitive version of Hold Tight London live before the version we've come to know (and miss) now...might be that alternate mix I saw talked about in the comprehensive list?

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Found this sitting randomly on YouTube, has bootleg footage of Get Yourself High, The Big Jump, Galvanize, Surface To Air, Hoops, Believe, and Hold Tight London (the early live version!!) with studio versions of the songs and music videos interspersed, still a very good collection of videos nonetheless!

Quote from: hstn on Nov 15, 2022, 21:30
No footage here but an audio recording of what I believe to be the earliest 2005 recording, March 2nd at Zenith...might be the first of the tour

Includes a rather primitive version of Hold Tight London live before the version we've come to know (and miss) now...might be that alternate mix I saw talked about in the comprehensive list?

Yeah cool show but MY GOD THE VISUALS
Step aside Lyall&Smith this is some next level shit!

It's 2023 and (for me at least) we have a clean recording of Midnight Madness. Party like it's '08!

Classic Loops Of Fury/Best Part Of Breakin' Up from 1996...was this known before or was the BRB/Leave Home segment the only one?

Quote from: Biff on May 22, 2023, 11:48
It's 2023 and (for me at least) we have a clean recording of Midnight Madness. Party like it's '08!

This is definitely the cleanest I've seen of the 2008 recordings! It's been floating around for years but this is the first it's been uploaded to YouTube in a long time

Quote from: hstn on May 24, 2023, 22:35
Classic Loops Of Fury/Best Part Of Breakin' Up from 1996...was this known before or was the BRB/Leave Home segment the only one?

Damn...That's something I've never heard before live and now want in my life. Can we convince Tom and Ed to do a classics / b-sides live set one day?
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

I believe this combo was some sort of a fixture in their 1996 sets

At least it's in the Tribal Gathering, Brixton Academy and Lollipop Festival sets (see above).

Edit: Also in their 1995 sets
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I've had this uploaded on YT for years now. It's from the Japan only Fujirockers DVD released in '08. I'm unsure if this is from the '04 or '07 Fuji Rock (hoping it's '04, my first show). I know it's not '02 cause the bedsheet in front of the desk is gone. Does anyone remember when they were using the lights in the floor? That may be a clue. Nothing out of ordinary for HBHG. But it has a few great in crowd shots. And the crowd noise is spot on as you are able to hear the "here we go!" chants in time. Now if I could track down this dvd again. Has a few great segments with joe strummer and iwamano kiyoshiri.

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 10, 2023, 06:06
I'm unsure if this is from the '04 or '07 Fuji Rock (hoping it's '04, my first show).
There was a pretty heavy revamp of their visual setup in 2007 that this definitely seems to be before. So good news!
(Also good news: that would place this at the Fuji Rock where Tim Burgess gave his sloshed performance of "Life Is Sweet")
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Jul 10, 2023, 14:19
(Also good news: that would place this at the Fuji Rock where Tim Burgess gave his sloshed performance of "Life Is Sweet")
That was so weird to see. I know there were reports that Tim also did a PA with the chems at some point in the UK Summer Tour prior to this. Obviously this is the infamous sloshed show though.

Thanks for confirming the stage setup change was in '07.  

Wolverhampton civic hall, the first gig they did in 2004 had Tim do a guest vocal. 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Got it from the depths of my hard drive, almost 10 years.. jeez..
So it's obviously past live footage:
https://vk.com/video-101381_456239160
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Mar 20, 2024, 20:52
Got it from the depths of my hard drive, almost 10 years.. jeez..
So it's obviously past live footage:
https://vk.com/video-101381_456239160
I guess I'm getting geoblocked by mrs. putinova because your link tells me my browser was out of date, which is a lie!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 22, 2024, 18:55
I guess I'm getting geoblocked

No problems here (Opera 108.0.5067.29)
no idea, no idea

Here's a preview of a project I'm working on of the 2004/2005 tour, scoured YouTube for so many fan recordings along with available pro-shot footage to put this together (I think I found all I've been able to find unfortunately)

If there are any forumites here who have stuff they recorded during this era but forgot about or leads I can look into please share!