'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 01, 2016, 01:30
nterview about frying eggs off Ed's chest and Canada, and The Private Psychedelic Reel live from Glastonbury 1997!
find it astonishing there just having a casual chat in the middle of a field with no security in a normal festifull goers place and yet the could had no phones with them. wish i had a time machine and can go back in time and say yo sign my t-shirt lots gonna happen in 10 years
tom, ed can i meet you? please?

A guy named Thomas Shallert has had this Chems concert from Bern 1999 uploaded to Youtube since 2013, and I've just now stumbled across it thanks to the Brotherhood Facebook group. It's in perfect soundboard quality and definitely something we haven't seen before - the intro to Music: Response is something else!

his channel for the rest of the tracks
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYpZ8iHX5TuhW5Cq0nVqK6Q
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2017, 08:51 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Awesome, thanks for the tip!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2016, 17:13

I think this has been posted before. Robots and classic OOC -> Elektrobank from 1999:

It's either a very short performance of OOC or they've edited it... I think they've edited the audio around 2:45 but I can't tell how the video skips.

The visual setup there is eerily similar to Daft Punk's from Alive 1997
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Found a full fan recording of Get Yourself High from 04!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Found some footage of the guys live from the Rock Werchter Festival in 1997 with a rather awkward interview

Not exactly footage, but I found some cool photos from them preforming live

Tribal Gathering 1996

Unknown gig (1997)

Creamfields 1998

Werchter 1997
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Bear w/ me for a sec.

Darren Price (frequent UW collaborator) has released part of a live DJ set from a 1994 opening slot for Underworld. It's a really cool old school set.

https://www.mixcloud.com/DarrenPrice/vinyl-dj-set-astoria-oct-1994-underworld-live/

Now note the flyer - support from The Dust Brothers. October 1994. Never heard word of this show before - but the Chems were playing their early 35 minute sets back then.

And in the description, Pricey says: "Dust Bros and Darren (Emerson) coming soon"

Guys, we might be getting the first audio of a 1994 live performance, ever. Besides Exit Planet Dust, of course.

There's a chance it's just a DJ set, but even those are fun to hear.

fantastic beats and where to find them
no idea, no idea

IT'S HERE:

https://www.mixcloud.com/DarrenPrice/darren-price-darren-price-vinyl-dj-set-london-astoria-oct-1994-dust-brothers-live/

begins at 12 minutes after the end of Darren Emerson's set

edit: LISTEN TO THIS EVERYONE

Spoiler

0. rock the house in intro loop
1. Leave Home
(early version with different bassline and Bonus Beats Orchestra mashup)
2. In Dust We Trust
(completely different unreleased version)
3. Dust-Up-Beats
(with elements of Packet of Peace and Feet remixes)
4. Song to the Siren
5. Three Little Birdies Down Beats
(extended outro)
6. Chemical Beats [just the start]
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019, 18:27 by WhiteNoise

Loving this! Thank you for keeping your ear to the ground Whitenoise!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 08, 2019, 19:56

IT'S HERE:

https://www.mixcloud.com/DarrenPrice/darren-price-darren-price-vinyl-dj-set-london-astoria-oct-1994-dust-brothers-live/

begins at 12 minutes after the end of Darren Emerson's set

edit: LISTEN TO THIS EVERYONE

Spoiler

0. rock the house in intro loop
1. Leave Home
(early version with different bassline and Bonus Beats Orchestra mashup)
2. In Dust We Trust
(completely different unreleased version)
3. Dust-Up-Beats
(with unknown outro and elements of Packet of Peace remix)
4. Song to the Siren
5. Three Little Birdies Down Beats
(extended outro)
6. Chemical Beats [just the start]
HOLY FRICK! does this mean this is officially the earliest recording of Tom & Ed Live!?!

Spoiler
The Outro of D.U.B. is their remix of the Sandals Track, "Feet"
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019, 07:17 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 09, 2019, 07:05

HOLY FRICK! does this mean this is officially the earliest recording of Tom & Ed Live!?!

Spoiler
The Outro of D.U.B. is their remix of the Sandals Track, "Feet"

Oldest if you don't count Song to the Siren / Three Little Birdies Down Beats on Exit Planet Dust, which was from their first (probably) show in March 1994.

Great spot on the Sandals remix - that's one of those remixes I've only heard once or twice. A lot of the early 94-95 remixes were made from parts of discarded tracks from Exit Planet Dust. Tow Truck especially. So in this set those parts may not have been a "remix" yet, but just an unfinished song they had knocking around.
Last Edit: Mar 09, 2019, 20:00 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 09, 2019, 18:46
A lot of the early 94-95 remixes were made from parts of discarded tracks from Exit Planet Dust. Tow Truck especially.
That's cool, I had no idea. I always thought their remixes from that time had more in common with each other than any one did with the original songs, so that makes some sense!
This live recording is something else - hearing early versions of Leave Home and In Dust.. is so awesome

this is so insightful and fascinating, thanks!
Eight or over.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 09, 2019, 18:46

Oldest if you don't count Song to the Siren / Three Little Birdies Down Beats on Exit Planet Dust, which was from their first (probably) show in March 1994.

Three Little Birdies Dowwn Beats is also a live recording?

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 11, 2019, 10:35

Three Little Birdies Dowwn Beats is also a live recording?
Ha! I've asked me the same, but because WN is our Forum-Jimmy Wales i'd believed him.
no idea, no idea