Just Get Yourself High

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 11, 2019, 10:35

Three Little Birdies Dowwn Beats is also a live recording?
i second this
Eight or over.

Ah it's not. I always think both songs are in my head, the sequence on EPD is basically identical to how they'd do it live.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 08, 2019, 19:56

IT'S HERE:

https://www.mixcloud.com/DarrenPrice/darren-price-darren-price-vinyl-dj-set-london-astoria-oct-1994-dust-brothers-live/

begins at 12 minutes after the end of Darren Emerson's set

edit: LISTEN TO THIS EVERYONE

Spoiler

0. rock the house in intro loop
1. Leave Home
(early version with different bassline and Bonus Beats Orchestra mashup)
2. In Dust We Trust
(completely different unreleased version)
3. Dust-Up-Beats
(with elements of Packet of Peace and Feet remixes)
4. Song to the Siren
5. Three Little Birdies Down Beats
(extended outro)
6. Chemical Beats [just the start]

Damn it's great

does anyone have the good quality recording of EOD from the Katowice's Event?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

OMG That version of In Dust We Trust!!!

forgot to mention that Its been posted on the archive to spread awareness ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Just FYI, the YouTube version is probably the best quality.  YouTube is 128 Kbps AAC, whereas Mixcloud is 60-ish Kbps HE-AAC, and Soundcloud is 128 Kbps MP3.

Nice to see ya over here TheBang. Thanks for the heads up!
Never for money, always for love.

Found some footage uploaded this week of Come Inside/Chemical Beats live at Ultra NYC:

And one of Leave Home/STTS:

Rediscovered this goodie by random too  :D
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Wow! So they played Got Glint somewhere during 2004/2005 tour?!
Hi Kevin!

Recently I found my old chemical brother archive of various bits and bobs. Thought I'd lost my file I've collected over the years but they turned up on an old hard drive!

Found a video I put together of random live video I made 12 years ago, all mixed into a cohesive 2 hour set. I was never particularly happy with the overall quality of the video.i ditched this project to make the live 07/08 dvd which is on my YouTube channel. But some might enjoy, plenty of old footage!

Last Edit: Nov 09, 2019, 19:40 by sneakerbeater
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Sneaks, I'm sure you have your reasons for not being fully satisfied with your 'lil project. But from my standpoint, it's fucking fantastic! I'm only a few tracks in and already being beamed back to my early Chems years. The transitions so far are just superb, it must have taken you hours to get it to that level I presume. Thanks for sharing, I'm glad you rediscoverd that gem!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ah sweet! Was excited to see an update for my subscription to you on YouTube, Sneaker!

Love your editing right from the start with the PtB animations/graphics!

cheers guys

The problem i have with the video is it lacks a certain authenticity. The transitions at the beginning i had to mix. I had no audio source for Galvanize at the beginning of the set, so i had to create it. Galvanize into Do it again i had to create, Do it again into Get yourself high again I had to mix. All these transitions i had to create which i think takes away from creating the audio to a live chemical brothers show.

any how  whilst i dig deeper into the hard drive lets enjoy the burst generator visual i have just uploaded

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

this (and the 2007/08 movie you did) was what inspired me to do the Supersets for The Archive.

as for the Burst Generator Visuals, you make me jealous not knowing your what your methods and connections are to get these rare beauties.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Nov 16, 2019, 01:28

as for the Burst Generator Visuals, you make me jealous not knowing your what your methods and connections are to get these rare beauties.

iirc this was something you could literally just buy on the iTunes Store back in 2007 or so? Regardless I was pretty confident it had since vanished from the internet, so nice work.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

found this randomly!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Has it been here before?

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 15, 2019, 22:38

any how  whilst i dig deeper into the hard drive lets enjoy the burst generator visual i have just uploaded

Nice one sneak!

Jesus! Haven't seen this visual since the WATN show in 07!
I remember it was the second track they played from that show and remember being fixated on that specific visual (and the CB visual as well) because it was such a highlight and a visual trigger that brings memories of that show. Hopefully it returns back in a similar or updated version in the future.

An underrated visual but yet so perfectly paired with Burst Generator
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Explud on Jan 12, 2020, 12:42

Has it been here before?

I don't remember seeing it, but it's pretty much the same as this (with The Big Jump added)