I See the Sun Now

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: sneakerbeater on Jun 30, 2020, 17:26

I like your idea on the Fuji rock, was thinking that edit needs to be done. Will your process cope with that ghosting motion effect on the rip I have of Fuji rock?
I don't think I can get rid of that unfortunately

Got plenty more video in the archive! How about galvanize and block rocking beats from v2005

I have the one from Rock am Ring 2005. Not sure which one has the best quality to begin with

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 30, 2020, 18:13
I have the one from Rock am Ring 2005. Not sure which one has the best quality to begin with
I have both Rock am Ring and V Festival, second one i have is better.
Hi Kevin!

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

I went too quick and forgot that deinterlacing could result to twice as much frames, but it's not the default setting. The Glasto04 footage should be 50fps, so I have to do it all over again  :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 30, 2020, 22:53

I went too quick and forgot that deinterlacing could result to twice as much frames
Some people just want to see the world burn...
no idea, no idea

What is your algorithm?
I recommend making this like:

1. 100% size DeNoise/Deblock to lossless tiffs.
2. Glue tiffs to lossless video.
3. Double size enhance (like 1280x720) to lossless tiffs.
4. Glue tiffs to lossless video.
5. Double size enhance (2K, 4K - is not the deal in this case) to lossless tiffs.
6. Glue tiffs to lossless video.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 02, 2020, 09:09

What is your algorithm?
I recommend making this like:

1. 100% size DeNoise/Deblock to lossless tiffs.
2. Glue tiffs to lossless video.
3. Double size enhance (like 1280x720) to lossless tiffs.
4. Glue tiffs to lossless video.
5. Double size enhance (2K, 4K - is not the deal in this case) to lossless tiffs.
6. Glue tiffs to lossless video.

I use Topaz Video Enhance AI

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 02, 2020, 09:17
I use Topaz Video Enhance AI
Yeah, i know, but which algorithm? Do you just put original video and go for 4K to mp4 file?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 02, 2020, 09:23

Yeah, i know, but which algorithm? Do you just put original video and go for 4K to mp4 file?

Pretty much, yes. The software does it all and treats each frame individually. There are different models to choose from, I use the "Gaia CG" model, which is originaly made for CGI, but it's what works best I think. It gets rid of the noise pretty well.

I think it's better to work step by step, resolution to resolution with Gaia HQ profile. And of course enhance to lossless format.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 02, 2020, 09:49

I think it's better to work step by step, resolution to resolution with Gaia HQ profile. And of course enhance to lossless format.

I'll try this next time

Here's Fuji 2002. Made with footage from the Singles 93-03 DVD and japanese broadcast of the show

The transition to Hoops is a little rough, sorry  ::)
Last Edit: Jul 02, 2020, 12:06 by Ben_j

looking pretty great, thanks!
Eight or over.

Full 2002 show, with My Elastic Eye !

DUDE

THAT MY ELASTIC EYE

I MEAN IT'D BE GREAT IF THE AUDIO DIDN'T SOUND LIKE IT WAS RUNNING THROUGH MY PLUMBING

BUT WOW

Awesome to see the early "stargate" from 2002 in all it's action!

Edit: the dancing is so hard during The Sunshine Underground that the camera gets knocked off center.

Okay honestly. 2002 was their best setlist and tour hands down. I think you could maybe make an argument that 07/08 and 2011 had better sets but I dunno dude.
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2020, 15:21 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Ah that UTI version. I remember seeing a studio version of this mix on Youtube but I don't find it anymore, maybe my memory is wrong and there are only live recordings of this version?

Also, Africa must've been a beast live!
Last Edit: Jul 11, 2020, 18:10 by Stefan

What a full on show , crowd really appreciating it too.  Love the visuals for Star Guitar in the 2002 era , double-silhouetted head and Kaleidoscopic stars , perfect.  Afrika as well , must've been a great track to experience live.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Aaaand it's gone...  :(
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 11, 2020, 22:34

Aaaand it's gone...  :(
Hm? It's still there, you can't watch it embedded here though and have to watch it on the Youtube-Page.