I See the Sun Now

Past Live Footage (94-05)

Started by WhiteNoise, May 01, 2016, 01:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bosco on Mar 16, 2021, 17:02

It's a segment from the 2006 Coachella DVD. Maybe filed under different name on your computer?

Yeah I know I also looked for "coachella dvd" and stuff like this but no luck. Either it was lost when I upgraded my PC some time last year, or it's on my laptop.

The editing is going well, I tackled most of the difficult parts (matching the videos to the sound, and cutting some parts to match the inconstant transitions like The Test => TPPR or the end of the show.

I have the dvd if you need
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Don't worry, I'll do with the youtube video rip. It's only a couple of minutes anyway

I have finished the 2002 Live video, and I have set a Premiere on YouTube, so we can all watch along and experience some "live" music during these trying times™. It will be live saturday at 9PM GMT (10PM CET, 5PM Eastern, 2PM Pacific).

I didn't boost it to 4k or 60fps as I felt the result was not that worth it for the amount it would have taken (literally days, even with an RTX 3090)

I apologize if this was already here.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 18, 2021, 23:14
I have set a Premiere on YouTube
31 Hours?  >:(  I'm Mad As Hell!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 19, 2021, 13:45

31 Hours?  >:(  I'm Mad As Hell!

I picked a day and hour that would mean as much people as possible can attend, so a saturday, at a time that's not in the middle of the night for Europeans and not early in the morning for Americans :D

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Mar 19, 2021, 08:37

I apologize if this was already here.

Really cool! I had never seen this. I wish there were more footage from 95 shows

Me neither.
This might also mean that there's someone (maybe a Swedish broadcaster?) out there sitting on a bunch of unreleased footage of those concerts. I can't imagine that this someone didn't record these shows as a whole.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Interesting. The Open Air audio recording I have has Got Glint cut out. After the Test fades out, it's immediately followed by the Reel and the segue between them is also edited it seems. Interesting.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 19, 2021, 21:08

Interesting. The Open Air audio recording I have has Got Glint cut out. After the Test fades out, it's immediately followed by the Reel and the segue between them is also edited it seems. Interesting.

Yeah, that's weird! I expected to maybe see/hear My Elastic Eye, since it is wrongfully listed on some setlist website. The way it's edited in the audio is pretty seamless, I never suspected something was cut. In the same vein, the Bizarre Festival shows "Got Clint" (sic) during the transition from The Test to TPPR, so it was probably cut from there too.

Sooo... Would everyone hate me if I pushed back the premiere time half an hour or an hour because I forgot there was a rugby game between France and Wales starting one hour before?  :-[
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2021, 11:01 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 20, 2021, 10:45

Yeah, that's weird! I expected to maybe see/hear My Elastic Eye, since it is wrongfully listed on some setlist website. The way it's edited in the audio is pretty seamless, I never suspected something was cut. In the same vein, the Bizarre Festival shows "Got Clint" (sic) during the transition from The Test to TPPR, so it was probably cut from there too.
Yes, pretty seamless. I tried to find a clearer cut but whoever did that did it quite well.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 20, 2021, 10:45

Sooo... Would everyone hate me if I pushed back the premiere time half an hour or an hour because I forgot there was a rugby game between France and Wales starting one hour before?  :-[
I mean, Pumisher will be calling for your head but I'm pretty ok with that :)
— Aurora (The Seed)

as a german i demand punctuality  ;)

edit: btw your chimney fisting gif seems to be lost somewhere
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 20, 2021, 16:46

as a german i demand punctuality  ;)
Why don't Germans like Rugby?
(Ireland just beat England, so I love Rugby right now!)

I can see it fine on my new Dell Laptop (but not on my phone).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 20, 2021, 18:44

I know I can't see it either since I reinstalled my computer. If you do see it, it's because you have it in your browser cache I think. It's hosted on my private server and I have no idea why it doesn't work anymore.

EDIT: I uploaded it somewhere else and it's back!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 20, 2021, 18:44

See, that alone was worth all the hassle :D

Couldn't see it myself for a while too, but now the Fist's back!

Edit: Oooh, and Benji's video is on now! Yieppie!

Edit edit: No cell phones, the boon and bane of todays concerts.

Edit edit edit: There was always something special about that colorful mixing desk projection, so simple and yet so cool. Especially during the Test's glowing jelly fish and Star Guitar's lsd stars and two-faced lady.
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2021, 21:41 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

So, I don't know if 2011 now qualifies as "past" live footage (it is 10 years old, after all), but some of you might remember a certain someone had a full show from 2011, up on Vimeo, and inadvertently left it in public. I managed to snatch it before it was shut down, but sadly 3 tracks were corrupted at some point (Swoon, Escape Velocity and TPPR). Now I just found out some of those videos are still up on Vimeo, and could get Swoon again. Sadly, TPPR and Escape Velocity are not there. I messaged the channel owner, asking if he could put them back up or public, but I don't expect any miracle.

Benj congratulations on making this 2002 video, it's fantastic
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

So this is what Ben has been working on.

Things I liked:

1)The transition from BRB to STTS! Never gets old.

2)The beginning of OOC was crazy btw. IMO I prefer this dated visual over the silhouetted one. Simplicity!

3)The straightforward/non-transition into the Fuji footage!

(Serious question: When the curtains open up from the middle during OOC,would you say that this would be the first time the Chems did a 'widescreen'? I think this is the earliest footage where the Chems gave the first 'full' screen treatment, in which all other future shows now incorporate.)

4) THE BEST PART! The end of Setting Sun where it seques into Elektrobank beats, and zooms in into Tom's face,and Tom's fucking with the delay effect. Then he slightly opens his mouth like a sigh of relief, and throws his hands up as if he was saying 'Do you want more?'

5) Seeing the crowd getting down to TPPR! Just remembering back at those times and how simple and humble it once was.

The only think I wished for was more footage from Coachella. But then again, were weren't as glued to our phones back then as we are today.

Overall I enjoyed your Frankenweenie of a video sir!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Mar 21, 2021, 09:54

Benj congratulations on making this 2002 video, it's fantastic

Thanks, your work on the 07/08 tour dvd is what gave me the idea in the first place! I'm gonna try and do 1997 next, with the recently surfaced New York VHS footage, but sadly there's not much material to work with, from what I can remember, Chemical Beats and Setting Sun from Glasto 1997 (in pretty poor quality), and that's it.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's of course this, that was in the first post of this thread !

Throwing a bottle in the sea, but does anyone have some 97 footage, like the one above, in better quality ? Like the original video from above. Bob, maybe ?
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2021, 14:37 by Ben_j