Yeah, We Will Live Again

2016 November 25th - Yasalam - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Started by Bosco, May 03, 2016, 14:39

Previous topic - Next topic
Wow! How exciting is this date. Has to be a first for them right?

I would love to be there for this.

Yeah really. But only if you can afford to get there for the F1.

Am I the only one who wonders if taking the corporate cash at what could be deemed a rich people's sporting event fits with Ed's Guardian-reading, left-leaning politics?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It is the day before my birthday
Tom and Ed want to get me a present?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Skyscraper on May 03, 2016, 14:47

Yeah really. But only if you can afford to get there for the F1.

Am I the only one who wonders if taking the corporate cash at what could be deemed a rich people's sporting event fits with Ed's Guardian-reading, left-leaning politics?
They've been playing at Formula 1 Grand Prix events before. They did some festival at the Singapore Grand Prix, if I'm not mistaken ? Or was it Malaysia.
If I remember correctly, they are friends with a guy from the former Lotus/Caterham F1 team. It's all a bit blurry in my head, maybe someone can dig some more accurate infos on all this :D

I for one, would love to see a Grand Prix AND see the Chems in the same weekend :)

Exclusive to Race ticket holders? I hope it's not gonna be like the pianist in the background at a high society party where everyone's standing around doing smalltalk, holding champaign glasses and not giving a fuck what (s)he's playing.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 03, 2016, 19:47

Exclusive to Race ticket holders? I hope it's not gonna be like the pianist in the background at a high society party where everyone's standing around doing smalltalk, holding champaign glasses and not giving a fuck what (s)he's playing.
Could be wrong but that probably means anyone who has a ticket to the race can see the show, which is going to be a ton of people, more people than you'd get at an average arena or even stadium show. It's part of the festivities along with the countless other things that happen at races, I can't imagine this being a quiet hidden thing!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 03, 2016, 20:01

Could be wrong but that probably means anyone who has a ticket to the race can see the show, which is going to be a ton of people, more people than you'd get at an average arena or even stadium show. It's part of the festivities along with the countless other things that happen at races, I can't imagine this being a quiet hidden thing!
Not a quiet thing for sure :-D. But perhaps this audience won't appreciate the set as much as dedicated fans or electronic music lovers would do. Anyways, for me, it would probably be the first time I'd care about a F1 race :D
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:44 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The whole "Yas Island" looks remarkable. Terribly commercial, but remarkable.
Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:11 by Bosco

I want to go to there and listen to the Chemical brothers do their Chemical Thang
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: wrclaguna on May 06, 2016, 11:53

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life/music/20160503/rihanna-and-the-chemical-brothers-to-perform-abu-dhabi-f1-after-race-concerts
didn't read the article, but they won't be on stage same time, aren't they? I would never ever stop laughing if they do some shit together (thinking about them play where do i begin? and her "singing")...
no idea, no idea

I think the forum should collectively sponsor someone to go to this.

The crowd will more than likely be shit, but look how massive the stage is.

and then in action with Blur from Yasalam 2015

uggggghhhhhhh, but that crowd... walking dead out there.

Isn't this Jack's Revenge territory? We need a fans perspective at this.
Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:38 by Bosco

This looks like this is going to be their biggest gig ever, doesn't it?
Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:29 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

That stage looks truly massive - the robots are going look quiet tiny on that haha

The crowd will probably suck, but so do some festival crowds (looking at you SMS Festival last year!). Just imagine I'll see you there being played to a bunch of F1 fans haha

well, the reaction on twitter seems very positive

and then there is this epic photo of Tom:

https://twitter.com/ymcofficial/status/802115982579920897
Last Edit: Nov 26, 2016, 01:57 by Bosco

Quote from: androidgeoff on Nov 27, 2016, 22:47

You had me quizzical for a second :D
— Aurora (The Seed)