Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

Glastonbury 2022 => 2023

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Jun 17, 2022, 23:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Skip to 1:16

You're welcome  ;)

"Say woo! it's too hot. Say woo! it's a sure shot"

wasn't there some old footage of their livegear with a knob or button labeled as "xanadu"?
no idea, no idea

On the Chems Insta stories they posted an insta story from Georgina Hamed. Or you can just go to Georgina's instagram account here. You'll see in her stories (if you're quick) she has Arcadia footage of an acid sounding track with "I've got the funk" in a deep voice over the top, and also some Chemical/MC Esher rising sounds. Have we heard that track before? Anyone know it?

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 26, 2023, 07:24
wasn't there some old footage of their livegear with a knob or button labeled as "xanadu"?
Well there was definitely one called Taj Mahal. We didn't know what that was. I'm not sure about Xanadu.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I feel very fortunate to have seen them play live so many times but man would I like to catch a DJ set of theirs. My first time was seeing them was at Coachella in 2009 and that was a DJ set. That set immediately made me a lifelong fan. I wish they would DJ more frequently. Seems like a rare set to catch.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 26, 2023, 20:42
I'm not sure about Xanadu.
Nevermind, i mixed it up with "Rasputin"
no idea, no idea

Not sure if this is being talked about elsewhere but they made that surrender t shirt available for 48 hours to celebrate the dj set.

I just got back from the fest and had seen it on instagram but many would have only just seen it now and its been and gone, seems like a bit of an oversight!

Re dj set:

Song chem selection felt like last year's 3 hour ones shortened down a bit. They've really sorted the sound on the arcadia spider too and it sounds incredible!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

A little review of the Glastonbury DJ set from Mixmag. It starts off like it's going to be a long, thorough review of the set but then it abruptly stops. Almost as though they watched the same 11 minute YT video we all watched.
Incidentally, I'm pretty sure Ed ended up going to Glastonbury last year with Rachel (his now pregnant partner) as I seem to recall him posting a pic on social media.
I think Ed's illness (& crew) affected the Cork gig last year, but it was Tom who had covid by the time they cancelled the Arcadia DJ date.

https://twitter.com/Mixmag/status/1674377542633922561
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023