Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

9. September 2016, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

Started by Stefan, May 04, 2016, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
I literally JUST booked a holiday over this date  :'(

Not sure I could have justified the money either way.

Don't any of you dare have any fun, OK?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 06, 2016, 22:51

Don't any of you dare have any fun, OK?
I'll ask the Brothers if they can bring candle lights, colorized flip charts and play some David Guetta instead of their usual stuff.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Thanks buddy. I knew you'd have my back.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Csar on Jul 06, 2016, 21:52

I hope the sun will have set at the time they're going to be onstage. My last experience dates back to 2008 where they played that nice venue in Berlin, the Citadel in Spandau. While the venue was really gorgeous, it was kind of weird to see them playing in a rather natural ambient light setting as dawn took a while to break that summer night. I need it dark so the visuals can really pop and create that special atmosphere which their sets inhere.

This looks like it's going to be fun with quite some forumites possibly meeting up!
According to the venue, the show starts at 8 p.m.
According to Astronomy, on Sep. 9th, the sun sets at 7:59 p.m. (http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/germany/gelsenkirchen?month=9&year=2016)
So, even assuming there is no support and they start right on time, we should be fine.
Last Edit: Jul 07, 2016, 19:43 by Stefan

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 07, 2016, 13:42

Thanks buddy. I knew you'd have my back.
I'm sorry, would have been fun to meet up with you.

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 07, 2016, 17:21

According to the venue, the show starts at 8 p.m.
According to Astronomy, on Sep. 9th, the sun sets at 7:59 p.m. (http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/germany/gelsenkirchen?month=9&year=2016)
So, even assuming there is no support and they start right on time, we should be fine.

Assuming there is no support and they start on time,
Thanks! That looks quite good.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

This gig is a little less than a month away. According to the Amfitheater Facebook the capacity is around 6000 people. And yet it hasn't sold out. This could be the most intimate open air gig non festival the Brothers played in years if not ever.
No start time of the gig is known neither is the opening act. I expect a dj not a live act. James Holroyd?
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2016, 08:54 by Joslyn

Hmmm, the open air venue at the Arena in Vienna (where they played in 2007) has a capacity of 3000 people.
Anyway, less than a month to go!

Nice little meetup (so far):

• Joslyn
  • Csar
  • Stefan
  • ChemicalBob
  • some friends of ChemicalBob
  • Toxic
  • Fine Time
  • a buddy from me
  • me (ThePumisher)

Quote from: ChemicalBob on May 07, 2016, 14:43

If you can wait (which i'm pretty sure you can, because i can't see this sell out THAT soon) - you can buy tickets for this from other major retailers (Eventim etc.) from 13 May.
But Eventim wants 61€ for the tickets + 16€ for shipping to Benelux, so that is not an option. What is it with all this pricey stuff & concerts? This is not a game...
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2016, 15:00 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Anymore Dutchies driving? Or others staying in Gelsenkirchen?

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 16, 2016, 22:06

Anymore Dutchies driving? Or others staying in Gelsenkirchen?
@Joslyn: We, me and my girlfriend, are going by car. Let's talk soon on WhatsApp?

James Holroyd confirmed as opening act at 20:00, the Chemical Brothers confirmed to start at 21:00. I reckon a full show with encore so end time gig expected around 23:00.

See you guys next week.

Yeah, according to the official FB event, the show will go on until 23:00.
My body is ready for the Reel  ;D

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 16, 2016, 14:50
Nice  little  meet  up (so far) : Joslyn  Csar  Stefan  Chemical Bob  some friends of  Chemical Bob  Toxic  Fine Time  a buddy from meme  (The Pumisher)

Due  to  the  added  UK  dates  i've  pulled  out  of  this  one  and  sold  my  ticket.  Going  to  see  them  at  Blackpool  and  London  instead  (these  gigs  are  2  days  apart  ,  well  ,  i've  gotta  get  my  fill  of  The  Chems ,  haven't  seen  them  live  for  years  and  these  indoor  shows  are  too  tempting  to  miss).

The  Chemical  Brothers  have  been  on  full  tilt  this  year  with  the  live  shows  ,  wonder  if  it's  back  to  the  lab  for  them  next  year  to  work  on  new  material  ,  let's  hope  so  :)

That's a pitty that you decided to ditch this one. Hope you'll enjoy the London shows!

Well, I for one decided to make me my own fanboy shirt, a thing I wanted to do for quite some time and thought now would be perfect timing. I also thought, a little forum promo would be cool, so I came up with this one (I'm not the guy in the pic).

So anyways, you'll be able to spot me in case we have trouble catching each other up other at the venue. How do we do this anyway? I'm not a whatsapp user or things like that, rather an oldschool "I call or text you" kind of guy.

Btw, the shop owner was fun too. He wore a Moog shirt when I picked my one up at the store today. I asked him whether he was into synths at all or if it was just a fashion choice. He replied "of course" he is a huge synths fan and owned quite some gear. Among those he's got 3 (in words three) original TB303, an octave plateau and an MS20!! My jaw literally dropped on the counter. Unfortunately, he was a little "uncommunicative" and didn't really react to my "Oh I'd love to touch one of those" comment. But when I asked him whether he had a website or such a thing, he gave me a CD that he recorded 2 years ago for free. I had to wait for my sister to finish a meeting to pick her up, so I had quite some time to listen to it in the car. It was acutally quite nice. The owner also told me that he had lost track of the Chems when they became "poppy" or "discoey" but must be great live. So, I'll probably need to send him the apple live set to restore faith in him :)
— Aurora (The Seed)

nice shirts

i think i wear the nouse somme le pouvoir shirt

for the meetup, idk, we can share numbers. i'm using whatsapp & telegram, but sms is also free for me.
no idea, no idea

I use Telegram and Hangouts, but most likely I won't use mobile internet in Germany.
Maybe just meet up at 19:00 at the entrance?

If you spot me say hi, I'll be wearing a dark blue shirt with this print:

I think meeting up at the entrance is a good idea. Now that roaming charges are down, we could get in touch by phone too, just in case we walk past each other or get lost in the crowd.
I hope traffic won't be bad on the autobahn as it is Friday and everyone tries to get home. Man, it is exciting to see them once again after 8 years. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Last Edit: Sep 07, 2016, 16:05 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)