Free Yourself

Upcoming Dig Your Own Hole 20 year anniversary speculation and or suggestions

Started by Bosco, May 25, 2016, 19:20

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Fine Time on May 30, 2016, 17:43

Dig  Your  Own  Hole  20th  Anniversary  promo  (fan) artwork

I've burned a cd for a friend with all the b-sides from the DYOH-era and a couple of remixes, and just inverted the colors for the cover so now it has a white background with the girl in black. I was so excited with it that i've decided to made it also as a wallpaper for my desktop (where it is since a couple of years) :D
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on May 27, 2016, 05:55

Super limited collectors edition could include:

A replica wig of Tom's former long blonde hair. Along with Super COOL tinted shades. Literally, lowers the temperature around you within a 10 foot radius.

First 50 orders will get a signed copy of Ed Simons autobiography 'It Doesn't Matter Or: How I Learned to Love the Vocal Loop' Complete with Morning Lemon cigarette book mark.

I love when your mind is at work Bosco!

Here's mine...

Carbon fiber vinyl cover
12x12 limited edition foil stickers from the featured art covers from the DYOH singles!  :o
2 x clear black vinyl records
each record cover is gold numbered on the front bottom right corner example: 1/200
$$$ voucher from the chems store  ;D

Last Edit: Jun 02, 2016, 21:31 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Bosco you came up with the best bonuses ever
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special Edition DYOH should come with a shovel.

For the vinyl version, the middle of the record is solid, so you have to make your own hole in the center to play it.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 02, 2016, 23:22

For the vinyl version, the middle of the record is solid, so you have to make your own hole in the center to play it.

Wouldn't that make it "Poke Your Own Hole"?

so what's going to happen on april 7th? There are some teases on the Chemical Facebook page and there will be a radion special album of the day. This could just be a replay of Zane Masterpieces show which was great.
Wil there be a 20th anniversary release of DYOH with delicious extra's?

BBC6 Music  Album of the Day  -  Friday 7th April  -  An  exclusive  interview  with  Tom and Ed  about  the  recording  and  writing  of  DYOH  would  be  good  ,  if  not  that  ,  then  i'd  be  happy  hearing  the  tracks  played  out  with  the  6 music  team  talking  about  it's  reception  on  its  release  in  '97  and  its influences  ,  any  related  stories  connected  to  it  etc.

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Joslyn on Apr 01, 2017, 11:33

Wil there be a 20th anniversary release of DYOH with delicious extra's?
Like there was with Exit Planet Dust? Nope. I think we all know what has been said previously about not going back, and about looking to the future. If it was going to happen there would already be some sort of promo stuff online and in UK newspapers/music press. But there isn't.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Fine Time on Apr 01, 2017, 12:03

BBC6 Music  Album of the Day  -  Friday 7th April  -  An  exclusive  interview  with  Tom and Ed  about  the  recording  and  writing  of  DYOH  would  be  good  ,  if  not  that  ,  then  i'd  be  happy  hearing  the  tracks  played  out  with  the  6 music  team  talking  about  it's  reception  on  its  release  in  '97  and  its influences  ,  any  related  stories  connected  to  it  etc.

Forum hang out in the long-deserted chat?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Awww shiiiiit! No more speculating, the details are here!!!

THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS CELEBRATE 20TH ANNIVERSARY OF "DIG YOUR OWN HOLE"

Greetings Chemical Brothers & Sisters!

Incredibly, it was twenty years ago this week that The Chemical Brothers delivered their critically acclaimed and much beloved album "Dig Your Own Hole".

Since then the band has rarely looked back, always pushing further, delivering mind bending live shows and music to satisfy both longtime and brand new fans alike. However such a milestone begs recognition and so here at Chemical HQ we have cooked up a few things to mark this moment before returning to the future...

#DIG20

U.K. LIMITED EDITION ANNIVERSARY COLOURED VINYL EDITION OF "DIG YOUR OWN HOLE"
On special silver 12" vinyl! Available in the UK, Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Scandinavia, Australia, Japan and Canada or via international import.  Pre-order now at: The Sound Of Vinyl.

6MUSIC 'ALBUM OF THE DAY'
BBC 6Music in the UK will be celebrating the album all day on April 7th. You can tune in live to listen at bbc.co.uk/6music or download the BBC iPlayer.

LIMITED EDITION ANNIVERSARY "PRIVATE PSYCHEDELIC REEL" AND "DIG YOUR OWN HOLE" T-SHIRTS.
Just like back in the day! Available for a limited time via the Chemical web store:
"Private Psychedelic Reel"
"Dig Your own Hole"

COMPLETE DIGITAL PACKAGES FOR EACH OF THE ALBUM'S SINGLES FOR DOWNLOAD AND STREAMING - AVAILABLE ON APRIL 10TH.
Go deeper with a slew of B sides and extra tracks from the Dig Your Own Hole sessions.
Setting Sun
Block Rockin' Beats
Elektrobank
Where Do I Begin

#DIG20

More news soon.

The future - we'll see you there!

x Chemical HQ

https://www.facebook.com/notes/the-chemical-brothers/the-chemical-brothers-celebrate-20th-anniversary-of-dig-your-own-hole/10154546849203358/

20th anniversary vinyl has two bonus tracks listed: "Buzz Tracks" and "Leave Home"
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Dig-Your-Own-Hole-20th-Anniversary-Silver-LP-Edition/5HNN0000000
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 16:37 by neorev

Quote from: neorev on Apr 04, 2017, 16:28

On special silver 12" vinyl! Available in the UK, Austria, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Scandinavia, Australia, Japan and Canada or via international import.  Pre-order now at: The Sound Of Vinyl.

Nice! Happy dips to all who got the recent colour vinyl reprints

COMPLETE DIGITAL PACKAGES FOR EACH OF THE ALBUM'S SINGLES FOR DOWNLOAD AND STREAMING - AVAILABLE ON APRIL 10TH.
Go deeper with a slew of B sides and extra tracks from the Dig Your Own Hole sessions.
Setting Sun
Block Rockin' Beats
Elektrobank
Where Do I Begin

Any new stuff or only all the tracks from the singles? Just 6 more days and we will know

20th anniversary vinyl has two bonus tracks listed: "Buzz Tracks" and "Leave Home"
https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/Dig-Your-Own-Hole-20th-Anniversary-Silver-LP-Edition/5HNN0000000

I think this is a mistake. The "normal" DYOH on thesoundofvinyl has the same two bonus tracks. I could understand Buzz Track as it's a b-side form Setting Sun but Leave Home as a bonus tracks? That's just weird. And you can not have bonus tracks on DYOH as TPPR is the perfect ending.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 18:49 by Csar

for the lazy...

maybe this kind of silver perhaps?  YUMMMMMMMMMMM! SILVER!

Looks like Bosco's wish came true!

one more thing!

Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 18:31 by inchemwetrust

Looking forward to the B-sides for Where Do I Begin.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 04, 2017, 18:05

maybe this kind of silver perhaps?  YUMMMMMMMMMMM! SILVER!

That looks gorgeous. Pre-orderd mine! But if Leave Home really is a bonus track after TPPR I will cancel it  >:(

Dang! Do I go for silver as well as white??

I feel like my intercontinental life was somehow born to take advantage of this...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 04, 2017, 19:44

Yes, that would be interesting
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Apr 04, 2017, 19:44

most likely the radio edit version that was on the promo copy, right?

EDIT: also, the 20th anniversary album is due out in July. Suppose this doesn't close the possiblity of DYOH dedicated shows... yet.  ;D
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2017, 23:22 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 04, 2017, 22:18

Suppose this doesn't close the possiblity of DYOH dedicated shows... yet.  ;D

That would be brilliant to see them do the whole album live. Count my vote!