Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

Fête de L'Humanité, Paris 10/09/2016

Started by Ben_j, May 26, 2016, 10:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Yay, another date in (well, close to) Paris ! The only hiccup though, the Fête de l'Huma is organised by a communist french paper, and really has two sides: the concerts, but also about two miles of Communist Party stalls from all around France. I don't have anything against that, but to get to the stage you have to go through all those stalls and last time I went, the crowd at the concert was quite shitty... The good thing though : it's only between 15 and 20€.

Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 19:10 by Ben_j

All marching robots of the world, unite!

Chemunism = Robot power + electrification!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ben_j on May 26, 2016, 10:17

The good thing though : it's only between 15 and 20€.
And i have to pay 59€, not happy with the money situation!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 27, 2016, 00:08

That's really a one of a kind festival. I don't know any other festival with big names that is so cheap.

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 27, 2016, 00:08

It's 35€ for three days festival

La fête de l'huma was one of latest place I would have imagined going to... until "they" announced a live there !!

Can't wait !!  :music

Quote from: Marie on Jul 23, 2016, 17:59

Who is going and know the place ?
I am and already went a few years ago

Just went home ! Mixed feelings, as just like I feared, the crowd was a bit weird... I mean, mosh pits during Swoon, this is really weird, right ? :)
There was a lot of people who didn't care much about the music but just wanted to pogo and do mosh pits, crowdsurfing, etc... As a result, we were constantly pushed and trying not to get caught in it, and distracted from the concert. And because of that, there was a constant cloud of dust, and my shoes are now white.

Appart from that, it was awesome, better than in Belfast, I guess because they had time to perfect the set and it felt like it was as good as it can get ! Got Glint went on for much longer than in Belfast, with Tom playing with the Revolution a lot more. The sound was a bit too loud, but it was still ok... Oh and we got big green and yellow ballons during Saturate ! Did they do that at other gigs too ? We didn't get that in Belfast.

Edit :
Some videos

HBHG

Infamous mosh-pit inducing Swoon.

Ending of EML + Tuba

Setting Sun / Don't Think ladder

And finally, Under the Influence, because I love capturing the reaction of the crowd discovering the robots !
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 01:07 by Ben_j

hi everybody

just back home...i'll make a review (you know...how they were long) but i agree with benji about the crowd. this is why i took a soooo long time before buy my tickets (and it was quite a big mistake).

nice set, nice moment, not my favourite live (definitely, november 2007 et january 2011 at Le Zénith were magic)

got glint is so nice ! you can see pictures & videos on my instagram account aka "hexistense"  :)

Whhaa! Mosh pits at a chems gig. And Swoon. Yeah, that's a little unconventional. Glad you had fun despite of this! We didn't get those balloons because it was near a canal. I saw those balloons on their twitter pic last night. Was that little gimmick any fun?

Did they play an encore or made other changes (except In Glint)? Regarding sound, I remember Toxic and Joslyn saying that the volume and sound at the festivals they went to this and last year was too loud too were you couldn't hear all the fine details. Maybe it's a festival thing.

As for your shoes, I guess they're covered in dust we trust.

Ah, just saw your annotation about capturing the crowds' reaction to the robots! Yeah, I noticed that too! There was even a girl behind me who was mad at her phone resisting to get a good focus on them :) But it truely was a memorable moment seeing them live and in front of you. They're damn tall.
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 09:45 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

No, it was the usual setlist. I wonder if they'll make any changes for the end of the tour. I can imagine them adding a track from Trespass against us if there are any that could fit in the live, which wasn't really the case with Hanna.

I found a video with Saturate and the balloons !
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 10:22 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 11, 2016, 09:54

I can imagine them adding a track from Trespass against us if there are any that could fit in the live, which wasn't really the case with Hanna.
I think The Devil Is In The Beats totaly fit into a more breakbeat-style part of the show (for example the Song To The Siren / Galvanize part on Don't Think).
no idea, no idea

At the Zürich OpenAir was also Poging and Moshpits during many songs (yes, also during Swoon). It is quite distracting, although I prefer an enthousiastic crowd over a disinterested one. But yeah, I'm also not a big fan of poging, there are certainly less "agressive" ways of jumping around.

Your show had the ballons, awesome! On twitter Matt Cox explained that it's not possible everywhere to get the necessary equipment for the balloons. Only some shows get them.

And yes, the Robots are amazing.

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 11, 2016, 00:09
The sound was a bit too loud

AIN'T NO SUCH THING!
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

It was my first Chem live and it was great ! even of non fan crowd (Communist magazine event).

Not my video. first 30 min of show  ;D

I recorded a bit of Saturate, need to upload...

I tried to create most accurate setlist : http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2016/parc-georges-valbon-la-courneuve-france-53fdb7ad.html

You're free to edit ! :D

Jeez, that crowd! You did not lie :) One of the craziest ones I've seen at a chems gig on YT and in my own experience.

— Aurora (The Seed)