I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

New Chemical Merch!

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 03, 2016, 02:49

Previous topic - Next topic
A DYOH shirt would be the best
Funnily enough, the Salmon Dance EP would be great.

But really I just want the Get Yourself High clown
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the Kate Gibb ones i like the ?Come With Us Single?-one (really, what is this? CWU Single? My CWU-Single Cover looks a bit different, and it also isn't IBIA or TT or AEP) the most.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Joslyn on Jun 26, 2016, 21:05

And recently I bought this for 10 euro
Jealous

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 29, 2016, 15:24

?Come With Us Single?-one (really, what is this? CWU Single? My CWU-Single Cover looks a bit different, and it also isn't IBIA or TT or AEP)
It's like a combination of Come With Us/The Test, Japan Only and American. Like how the Music: Response shirt is recolored.
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2016, 05:08 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Yup.

In all honesty, I'm not a great fan of most of the merchandise, especially the apparel. Most of the shirts look kinda dull and uninspired, even though there's so much awesome artwork to choose from. Perhaps there are copyright reasons for that, but man, I'd love it if there were some nice album art inspired shirts available. Like a Kate Gibb Star Guitar or IBIA LP motif (or anything Kate related to be honest) or that Negatice Space motif with that yellow seashell from Elektrobank.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

These are interesting. I actually really like the mystery and fashion of the Free Yourself shirt, I'd wear that and enjoy no one really knowing what it was! I just have too many black t-shirts...

Quote from: Csar on Jul 25, 2018, 20:08

Perhaps there are copyright reasons for that, but man, I'd love it if there were some nice album art inspired shirts available. Like a Kate Gibb Star Guitar or IBIA LP motif (or anything Kate related to be honest) or that Negatice Space motif with that yellow seashell from Elektrobank.
Absolutely agreed. They've done some in the past, most recently w/ Uniqlo. I have the Hey Boy Hey Girl one and it's one of my favorite t-shirts:

Kate Gibb also sold a bunch herself that were COMPLETELY TOTALLY AWESOME in 2014, that sadly aren't available anymore:

I mean, just look at the We Are The Night and Come With Us ones.

EDIT:

The above t-shirts were printed/produced by Graniph, who are still working with Kate Gibb - here are all her current collaboration items with them, including a large alternate version of the Star Guitar artwork:

https://www.graniph.com/shop/e/ec-kategi/

Maybe we can stuff Graniph's inbox with emails, and they might make more Chemical Brothers / Kate Gibb items available again?
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2018, 20:44 by WhiteNoise

I have two of those Graniph t shirts and they're easily the best things in my closet.

I'm currently discussing with the missus whether I can get that alt Star Guitar (dress*) shirt. It's freakin' gorgeous.

Nice find. Good shares.

Also, totally agree WN. The FREE YOUR SELF is one of those abstract message shirts that doesn't really mean anything to anyone. Until December when Free Yourself, the album, is released to celebrate my birthday and the world falls in love with it.

Also. Interesting to see 'The Chemical Brothers' written in a basic font (and in a circle) like it is on the bucketheads shirt. I wonder if that is where we're headed for the artwork? Maybe?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 25, 2018, 20:33
The above t-shirts were printed/produced by Graniph, who are still working with Kate Gibb - here are all her current collaboration items with them, including a large alternate version of the Star Guitar artwork:

Nice and cheap! Made an order.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 25, 2018, 20:33

These are interesting. I actually really like the mystery and fashion of the Free Yourself shirt, I'd wear that and enjoy no one really knowing what it was! I just have too many black t-shirts...
Absolutely agreed. They've done some in the past, most recently w/ Uniqlo. I have the Hey Boy Hey Girl one and it's one of my favorite t-shirts:

Kate Gibb also sold a bunch herself that were COMPLETELY TOTALLY AWESOME in 2014, that sadly aren't available anymore:

I mean, just look at the We Are The Night and Come With Us ones.

Well, I have to be honest here too. Except for the CWU and HBHG shirt, I find none of these shirts amazing for a simple reason: the placement and size of the artwork. You have this beautiful Star Guitar motif, but its print is so huge that you only get to see one half of the two-faced girl which totally defies the purpose for me. Or that other SG shirt with the stars. This one's got white sleeves making it look like a skirt. The rest of the shirts have their print on the bottom which I find aesthetically unpleasing to look at as it goes against the natural shape of the human body (shoulders are wider than the waistline, chest is the center).

If it doesn't even look good on a model, it would certainly not look good on me.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

???I clicked to have a look but Instagram was taking a little while to load, which I'm taking as a sign that I shouldn't spoil the surprise of seeing them on Wednesday!!
Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 23:57 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 13, 2019, 21:36

I clicked to have a link but Instagram was taking a little while to load, which I'm taking as a sign that I shouldn't spoil the surprise of seeing them on Wednesday!!
I dunno if i should count as spoilers but I'll just say its a picture of 3 dudes
(camera is facing the audience and not the bros)
Spoiler
its a picture of 3 guys with Song lyrics & album art on their shirts.
Possibly concert merch.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

When I went to Corona Capital last year there were a ton of fake t-shirts for sale before even entering the festival. Chances are high that these could be fake. Will find out on Wednesday. Can't wait!

but more importantly..how does one acquire that cwu shirt?
Eight or over.

Merch table photo at the greek:

(would be cool if someone could get a clearer photo of what is available!)

That's about the extent of what's there. Prices are $45!

merch was

eh
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've got to capitalize on the visuals for shirts. You could do an entire line of Eve of Destruction shirts!