Superflash - Numéro Un, Number One

New Chemical Merch!

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 03, 2016, 02:49

Previous topic - Next topic

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 21, 2019, 07:26

Damn it! If I didn't look like a complete tool in a dad hat, this would absolutely be on my head every day.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 21, 2019, 08:29
Damn it! If I didn't look like a complete tool in a dad hat, this would absolutely be on my head every day.
Ditto!

Chems-fans-highly-susceptible-to-looking-like-a-lame-dad unite! 🙌

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Nov 21, 2019, 17:17
Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 21, 2019, 08:29
Ditto!
Quote from: Biff on Nov 21, 2019, 18:00
Chems-fans-highly-susceptible-to-looking-like-a-lame-dad unite! 🙌

no idea, no idea

Quote from: WhiteNoise on May 23, 2019, 22:33

They've got to capitalize on the visuals for shirts. You could do an entire line of Eve of Destruction shirts!

How about an unofficial MAH shirt?
I used to think Redbubble were crap because all their designs were unofficial. And I was probably right, but these days the Contributors/"designers" often borrow (steal?) directly from the artists
So you also get the MAH image on 59+ other items including an iPhone case, a bed-throw and a Miniskirt!

Am also liking Another World although it looks kinda bizarre in any colour besides black.

I'm liking Push The Button as a phone case amongst other items.

Some Tees also come as a "Graphic Tee", with a super large (non-cotton) image on the front, backed by a cotton Tee in either black or white.

[EDIT: None of my "THIS" links work below, so you're gonna have to select Graphic Tee to see what I mean].

So DYOH becomes this.
Don't Think becomes this (albeit the choice of Slovenian for "dont think, just let it flow" is a little odd, even if the contributor/"designer" comes from that part of the world.)
GTKO becomes this.
And one thats so nearly good: Out Of Control (which should be called Surrender IMHO) becomes this. Too bad about the way "...t of..ontro..." appears across the collar. But look how much better the raving man (do we have a name for him?) looks on the graphic Tee. I wonder if it's possible to contact the "designer" to say: 'get rid of the writing for the Graphic Tee'?
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2020, 20:14 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 11, 2020, 20:09

bootleg tshirts

I like how this site auto-translates everything to your language, so "Dig your own hole" becomes "Creuse ton propre trou", "Out of Control" becomes "Hors de controle", "Mad as Hell" is "Fou comme l'enfer" and "Don't Think Tour Chemical Brothers" becomes "ne pensez pas que le tour chimique 2019 frères" in French for me.

buncha new merch just released today..but where do i get the chemical brothers stamp?

https://merch.thechemicalbrothers.com/collections/prints/products/homage-to-star-guitar-version-02-cmb

Greetings chemical brothers, sisters and siblings,

During the 2020 live show shutdown we've been busy thinking of new things to do with our friends and we're happy to announce a new selection of classic images, fresh designs and limited edition pieces featuring some of our most beloved tour characters, including the robots George & Mildred, The Green Globule (緑色液球体), King Elektro (電子王 ) and some new favourites as featured in the current 'Electronic' exhibition at London's Design Museum.

With the long nights ahead of us, to keep you busy we've also designed the first jigsaw puzzle from The Chemical Brothers (1000 pieces!); a new set of mugs & socks to help you keep warm; and for the robot enthusiasts: A new embroidered robot t-shirt as well as a new set of Robot Greeting Cards to wish your friends and family a "Chemical Christmas".

In addition, artist Kate Gibb, who designed the legendary imagery for 'Surrender', 'Come with Us', and most recently, the Avalanches "Surrender to Love" remix, has produced two very special limited edition prints based on the classic "Star Guitar" artwork. Created at the time of the release, but never before made available, these are numbered, embossed & signed editions of 100, with certificate of authenticity. Pre-order until 22nd November to receive in time for Christmas.

Last but not least, while we've all been missing the big nights out, Tom & Ed - along with live show directors Adam Smith & Marcus Lyall - have chosen some of their favourite photos of the live show for a very special 2021 Calendar, designed to raise money for Stagehand, a charity supporting tour crew in need. Many wonderful people work behind the scenes to make The Chemical Brothers shows happen, so this is to say thanks to them all!

All available now at https://merch.thechemicalbrothers.com

The Chemical Brothers support @StagehandFund. Please keep sharing all your own great live photos with hashtag #ChemicalBrothersLive

All items are available now to order in the store and will be dispatched the week commencing 30th November in time for the holidays.

Stay tuned for more news soon from Chemicals HQ!

Love Is All
Eight or over.

A lot of fun items added. Don't have a whole lot of money to spend right now and think I'm priced out on the Star Guitar prints :'(. Eyeing the Calendar and Robot Socks, though.

Is anyone else interested in buying a print?
I'm confused, I remember her saying a couple years ago that there were no more prints of SG...

(hi again, sorry it's been ages! <3)

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 13, 2020, 03:44

A lot of fun items added. Don't have a whole lot of money to spend right now and think I'm priced out on the Star Guitar prints :'(. Eyeing the Calendar and Robot Socks, though.
:'( I know exactly how you feel. Exactly! Those lovely SG theme prints.  :'(

Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 13, 2020, 06:19

Is anyone else interested in buying a print?
I'm confused, I remember her saying a couple years ago that there were no more prints of SG...

(hi again, sorry it's been ages! <3)
Well, the disclaimer to those prints states that these are "left over" designs from the SG sleeve she made back then. And as far as I can remember, when I was covering Kate's work in the FAQ section some years ago, her online shop was selling these kinds prints.

Oh, and Hi gain!
Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020, 10:43 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

dammit the green stat guitar print is sold out already. I have always wanted a copy of that print!

Would have substituted my purchase for the red one but it just does not look right. The cropped nose just looks a bit sloppy.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 15, 2020, 10:07

dammit the green stat guitar print is sold out already. I have always wanted a copy of that print!

Would have substituted my purchase for the red one but it just does not look right. The cropped nose just looks a bit sloppy.
Aw, man what a bummer. But good for Kate!
I had the same thoughts about these prints. I love them, but the cropped version is missing something that I love about the two-face theme. The red one would have been my second option, too. My selfish Me had hoped they were niche and "pricey" (which they're not in the realm of arts) enough to not sell out so fast... But now they're gone.  :'(

Couldn't she make new ones nonetheless in the future, maybe slightly altered?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

this came just in time for my girlfriend to buy me some xmas gifts. :-)

Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 13, 2020, 06:19

I interpret the announcement as that these variants of the artwork were not used at the time, but the prints are new. I doubt they would have kept printed copies lying around that long collecting dust.

Quote from: Csar on Nov 15, 2020, 12:14

Aw, man what a bummer. But good for Kate!
I had the same thoughts about these prints. I love them, but the cropped version is missing something that I love about the two-face theme. The red one would have been my second option, too. My selfish Me had hoped they were niche and "pricey" (which they're not in the realm of arts) enough to not sell out so fast... But now they're gone.  :'(
Yeah, great for Kate! and holy cow, the two-face sold fast!
I was thinking the same as you (niche/pricey) to wait and think about it...
Wanted to buy both, but just bought the red one today.
It's a shame about the cropped nose but still
I'm praying there's no issue with shipping cause it was only 5 pounds to South America (where I am now).

Couldn't she make new ones nonetheless in the future, maybe slightly altered?
I really hope so too, but doubt it.

Maybe you know her more but I talked with her about buying an SG print back in '15 and she had one left of the original run that she had on her site, but at the time I was moving for uni and couldn't buy it.
Then in 2018 I e-mailed her about it and she told me that she had sold it (there were ten in total) in 2017 and that "this is the end of the edition".
Then I asked her to let me know if she would ever do another one and just replied "thanks". I think that she does not like to repeat herself and totally understand.
And because this was commissioned by the band and she says that it's "one of a kind", it probably is.
I doubt some people are buying them to resale them as it is too niche, you never know though. But if that happens, it will be at crazy prices. And if she does another edition I doubt it would be anytime in the next 5 years. So if you can, go for it!

The original run was beautiful!

Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 16, 2020, 19:31

Yeah, great for Kate! and holy cow, the two-face sold fast!
I was thinking the same as you (niche/pricey) to wait and think about it...
Wanted to buy both, but just bought the red one today.
It's a shame about the cropped nose but still
I'm praying there's no issue with shipping cause it was only 5 pounds to South America (where I am now).
I really hope so too, but doubt it.

Maybe you know her more but I talked with her about buying an SG print back in '15 and she had one left of the original run that she had on her site, but at the time I was moving for uni and couldn't buy it.
Then in 2018 I e-mailed her about it and she told me that she had sold it (there were ten in total) in 2017 and that "this is the end of the edition".
Then I asked her to let me know if she would ever do another one and just replied "thanks". I think that she does not like to repeat herself and totally understand.

The original run was beautiful!

Oh wow, you even met her?! I don't know her at all unfortunately and just wrote a short article in the FAQ section, nothing more to it.

Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 16, 2020, 19:31

And because this was commissioned by the band and she says that it's "one of a kind", it probably is.
I doubt some people are buying them to resale them as it is too niche, you never know though.
Yeah, but I wouldn't mind getting a non-chems-branded print like those she shows on her website gallery.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 16, 2020, 22:34

Oh wow, you even met her?! I don't know her at all unfortunately and just wrote a short article in the FAQ section, nothing more to it.
Yeah, but I wouldn't mind getting a non-chems-branded print like those she shows on her website gallery.

No, we just talked over e-mail. When I was in London in '18 I e-mailed her again and she didn't have any left.
But how do you know she has those non-branded one for sale? To the best of my knowledge that's just a showcase of her career.

I think I saw them in her online shop but I'm not 100% sure. The shop won't open anymore on her website.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 17, 2020, 12:55

I think I saw them in her online shop but I'm not 100% sure. The shop won't open anymore on her website.
When did you check the store? I checked it exactly one year ago and it was down as it is today. I checked again in March this year and it was the same.
I feel as if asking her about it before the prints are sold out would be a little shady..what do you think?

Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 17, 2020, 14:27

When did you check the store? I checked it exactly one year ago and it was down as it is today. I checked again in March this year and it was the same.
I've checked it a few times in the last couple or so years, I guess.
Quote from: Mob1 on Nov 17, 2020, 14:27

I feel as if asking her about it before the prints are sold out would be a little shady..what do you think?
Yeah, I wouldn't ask her right away either. Give it a little time, although I doubt she will be making any sometime soon, if at all. The only way this might be possible, I believe, would be if she did commissioned work for private persons too - which I doubt tbh.
— Aurora (The Seed)